• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    It's made by Nintendo. That's your problem, right?

As much as I hate Nintendo for sucking the **** of the casual gamer so hard that otherwise mediocre games are treated as gems just because they're violent(see: Madworld), I will be honest and say that they made one of the best handheld systems. I don't know why I hate this. Maybe it's the fact that it took Nintendo 6 years to think of putting an analog stick and crappy novelty 3D on their DS. Maybe they had less time since they were obviously too busy working redesigning the DS instead of making a successor.

Also, I'm wondering what the hell the home button is for. The DSi had it so you could just lightly press the power button and you would go to the main screen. Unless they plan on making "home" something completely different, they could've just done that.

It won't be the size of an XL. Those were made for people with bad eyesight.

I'm pretty sure the DSiXL was made to appease the older audiences above all else.

Last edited:

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I have a feeling I'll be camping out for this one. I camped outside the store for the Wii, and this just looks a thousands times better. The only problem I have with the 3DS is that it has such a glossy finish. I had hoped that had gone out of style with the DS Lite. :/

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I would love to buy this :D
    but I know Its going to cost alot :(
    I would get The blue one cause I love the color blue.
    the reason I would get it would be for The Paper Mario remake!

Given screenshots like these:

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

... I don't think its a remake.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Holy Love!!! Those are Great! Too bad there weren't Purple. But I'll choose the Red one! I also like Red! My friend probably choose Blue. Thanks for the Information buddy! :D

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    YES! I was just thinking that they need to make another Paper Mario with the old formula, with turn-based battles and such. And I hope the Ocarina of Time remake is true.....

As for the 3DS itself, I like the fact that it has an analog stick, but I'm not too sure on the placement of the power on/off button. It's not as bad as the one on the OG DS, but it seems to easy to press if you are getting to into a game. Maybe I'm wrong, but there's nothing wrong with making it a bit smaller.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    An Animal Crossing that looks like they actually got off of the couch to make, an Paper Mario in the style of the first two fantastic Paper Mario titles, an Ocarina Of Time remake signifying that handheld Zelda's are being taken to the next level. (in other words no more/less top-down style Zelda's)

So impressive it's mind-blowing! (and it made me squeal. xD)

Also excited for the Kingdom Hearts game, because yeah I like that series. ^_^

I might have to check out the Kid Icarus game as well. Not at the top of my list, though. However, it must be noted that it was a huge shock to me. I did not think that Project Sora was Kid Icarus for even a second.

Mario Kart 3DS will be a must-buy, but it's not really showing anything too impressive to me. Very likely as it should be, though. Just make great tracks again and tone down the items and it will be another great Mario Kart.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Ocarina
    Of
    Time
    Remake

Yeah, I'm already sold, give me a date please?

They haven't even released the release date for the 3DS. Don't count on any of the game's release dates being shown for a while now.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I'm really looking forward to Paper Mario, Animal Crossing and the Zelda remake.

I'm not sure what colour is best though. Blue seems good, but sort of clashes a bit. Maybe grey...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Final Fantasy Tactics 3D NAO. :D

But what interests me most (and has no one seen this!?) is this:

Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles

:O :O :O :O MORE LAYTON.

...but this is going to make me poor. =( Being a new system with backwards compatibility, it'll make me feel like I wasted my money on my DS Lite. =(

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Final Fantasy Tactics 3D NAO. :D

But what interests me most (and has no one seen this!?) is this:

Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles

:O :O :O :O MORE LAYTON.

...but this is going to make me poor. =( Being a new system with backwards compatibility, it'll make me feel like I wasted my money on my DS Lite. =(

Depends when you got it. I got a DSi about half a year ago.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    i still dont get why they rushed black and white, and didnt wait for the 3ds.
    But that list is amazing. I knew the 3ds was going to be awesome, just cause its a next gen nintendo handheld, but i never would have thought nintendo was going to take over e3. By the look and sound of the resi evil, capcom made a switch from psp to 3ds. Although i never thought much of 3d, thinking about all those awesome games in it is awesome!

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I think you can turn off the 3D, so that's another up.

Back