• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    What's this thing called the 3DS? I'm too busy looking at the girls.

Kidding, I'm having a whole section on it in my blog, but Wikipedia is very accurate. However, some pictures look like it's in 3D, but we'll need a 3DS to look at them! Wait... [beep].

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Does anyone remember when the Wii was called Nintendo revolution and they advertised it with this pic of it it multiple colors?

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

I hope they are not pulling another one on us...

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • Does anyone remember when the Wii was called Nintendo revolution and they advertised it with this pic of it it multiple colors?

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

I hope they are not pulling another one on us...
    well the preorders for the differant colours are already out, so im guessing it should be fine. Plus they were released like a year or 2 before the wii was released.
    I really hope they do a Final Fantasy 6 remake. That was an awesome game.

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

Best. Game. Ever. IMO.
    I heard that they were making it for ds, but post ponded it for technical difficulties, or something (correct me if im wrong). From that i think there is a chance for it to come to 3ds. Also does anybody remember Ninokuni, the ghibli/level 5 ds game thats meant to come out this year? I heard that it is also going to be on "another console", making me think that it will also be on the 3ds. It would make sense seeing as they were trying to hide what console it would be on.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I wonder if theym would make a skyward sword for the 3ds :D

Also could this mean pokemon might higher in 3d? (With a real storyline)

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Amazon.co.uk e-mailed me this morning with one of those "hey you buy video games therefore you might like..." things, and they now have a page for the Blue 3DS. You can sign up to be notified when it becomes available. So hopefully that's soonish! C:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I really hope they do a Final Fantasy 6 remake. That was an awesome game.

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

Best. Game. Ever. IMO.

Final Fantasy 7 would be better. Safer Sephiroth using Supernova in 3D? *swoon at the epicness*

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Starting cartridge size is two gigabytes max (opposed to 512 megabytes for the DS). \o/ Big games ahoy!

That's almost enough to fit the entire video for Sephiroth's Supernova in 3D!

NatureKeeper

It is awesome. Though, I will get it maybe next year, or whenever the third version of Black and White is released. The reason for this that all 3DS games are crappy for me except for Zelda (which isn't really worth it; I can play Skyward Sword on my Wii if it is released). Since it is that way, I guess I'll wait until Pokémon games are 3DS enhanced (which I think will happen due to the TWL on Black and White) or 3DS exclusive. Until then, I'll enjoy a regular DS, please.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Inspiration!

Augmented-reality Pokemon battles: You have a marker which designates the center of the field. Depending on the number of participating Pokemon, the spawn point for each Pokemon shifts in relation to the marker, allowing for triple battles. The whole thing is observed through the 3DS 3D camera, and anyone in camera mode off to the side or what-have-you can observe it as well- the systems operating the games could send out a signal to the surrounding devices. Size for many Pokemon would have to be scaled down, naturally, but they could get the smaller-to-medium sized ones accurate to the Pokedex. Add a couple (hundred) attack animations, some special effects (Spacial Rend could effect the background or something), badda-bing badda-boom. To render everything, it may require it's own game, however. Therein lies the icky part.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Starting cartridge size is two gigabytes max (opposed to 512 megabytes for the DS). \o/ Big games ahoy!

That's almost enough to fit the entire video for Sephiroth's Supernova in 3D!

Yeah, it's a very nice amount for a game.

If they used that much space, wouldn't the supernova become real and destroy the 3DS and you?

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • I wonder if theym would make a skyward sword for the 3ds :D

Also could this mean pokemon might higher in 3d? (With a real storyline)
    They would put other remakes on the 3ds before skyward sword. Maybe we might see a majora's mask remake? Tha would be nice. Though personally, i hope for some gamecube remakes. Luigi's mansion, sunshine, wind waker... that would be awesome.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • Man playing on that is going to be so awesome!! I can't wait!!!!!!! But now I feel kinda scammed for buying a DSi xD Oh well who cares.

But the games I'm looking forward to is Mario Kart and a Pokémon game with a real storyline. Playing those in 3D must be the BOMB!!!

scotlineV3

I ♥ Krabby Patties (XDDDD)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2014
    OMFG!!!!
    I wat a 3DS, because the gonna have great games, like Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil, Mario, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokemon and SONIC ( But sonic colors its not gonna be 3D T_T)

Nice!!!!!!

gkenzx

The Black Shadow
    Years
  • Should I get the DSi, or wait for the 3ds

Should I get the DSi, or wait for the 3ds. Also, if this is the wrong place, can a Mod please move it?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • They would put other remakes on the 3ds before skyward sword. Maybe we might see a majora's mask remake? Tha would be nice. Though personally, i hope for some gamecube remakes. Luigi's mansion, sunshine, wind waker... that would be awesome.

yea true remakes would probaly come first even though they are doing new games now like paper mario, ect. sunshine and windwaker? yea! even though not soon i guess. never played luigi one. but im thinking a remake to super mario 64. the ds one was ehhh bad

Back