• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nothing is perfect.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • I know one thing you'd definitely like to change lel

Ummm, I'll probably come back to this. I know I have a few things I'd like to see change but I'm too tired to remember any of them now

Years
  • I would make a rule against content showing two people kissing/making out. This includes both homosexual and heterosexual influence on the content. I don't know why, but it gets under my skin a little. There's also other stuff but I just woke up so I'm too lazy to mention...

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I would change the entire forum system to Discourse because VB is old, ugly, outdated, and not fit for any forum in the modern day! Not to mention it comes with a lot of features standard that are just being coded into this site now, as well as it being 100% live. That means no more refreshing to see if you have any notifications!

Sirfetch’d

For the most part I find PC to be a pretty damn good forum. I don't really see any flaws or anything that I would be dying to change. Personally I wish that there was a Castform forum theme but oh well. Maybe one day!

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • I wouldn't change anything. PC is easily my favorite Pokemon forum. Everyone here are such dolls, everyone is super nice and that's hard to find in online communities. I genuinely enjoy my time here.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Discourse is a big inspiration for some of the features going into our redesign. :]

Unfortunately, we're still using a PHP backend with mostly static front end pages occasionally fluffed with JS. Discourse's front end is built on an awesome framework called Ember.js, which is 100% JS and lets you have that full-page "app" kind of experience.

I actually originally wanted to do a similar thing for PC, but at the time Steve wasn't a fan and wanted to keep static pages (for a lot of reasons). So we started writing PC 2.0 with retro static pages. Buuuuut I've slowly warmed Steve up to the idea and I built a proof of concept that will hopefully push him over the edge, so you can maybe expect a Javascripty fancy app-feel for PC 3.0. ;]

Either way, our 2.0 redesign is way, way better than this current vBulletin mess. It's served us well over the years but you're right, it has absolutely shown its age and it's time to retire it. Once our redesign is out, not a single part of this forum will resemble vB. You won't even be able to tell some of the code still runs it.

Now that is F****** great to hear! Excuse the language but that made me very happy! Any ETA on when we might see that, if you are at liberty to say, of course!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • replace every profile picture with a cute dedenne

Probably nothing tbh the only thing i want from the community is an app or something really the admins keep this forum pretty much perfect in my eyes haha

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    make bidoof as our official mascot

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Ah, I see. We're using the Valve or Blizzard definition.

So we're fine then! PC 2.0 will come out pretty quickly. As long as we haven't hit "3" yet, everything is good!

The front end stuff mentioned by others in the thread would be what I want to change in PC too. Beyond that, I want... member list back. We used to have one years ago, and I don't know when did we remove it since then. It'll be nice to stalk look at the various profiles of people on PC!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I read that as Nobody is perfect and somehow got Miley Cyrus stuck in my head... thanks Johnny xD

Maybe aside from adding an @username function, nothing really? I just like seeing the changes happen and surprise me.

Back