• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I actually don't really care. It is your time - you choose what to watch and what not to. I was just giving my opinion on the series, that is all.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Most people agree with me on most things.

You gave Ano Hana a 1, Death Note a 5, Fate/Zero a 5, Perfect Blue a 4, Samurai Champloo a 6, and Steins Gate a 4

But you also gave Naruto an 8, Phantom a 7, Working an 8, Lovely Complex a 7, and Hanamaru Kindergarten a 9

There was a lot more on there too.... >.>

derozio

Years
I personally think most of those first few are 7-9 material lol. But lappy's taste is lappy's taste.

Years
But you also gave Naruto an 8, Phantom a 7, Working an 8, Lovely Complex a 7, and Hanamaru Kindergarten a 9

These are all actually pretty fun rides, in my opinion, other than Phantom not really being my jam. Could have chosen a few more drastically controversial choices. Naruto can stay since it's reviled by quite a few for various reasons. I'd have personally picked out his Nazo no Kanojo X rating of 8, since that's an extremely subjective rating if you're at all familiar with the series.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I think I gave the second part of Fate/Zero a 7. 5 is also a pretty decent score btw.

MGX is a bit of a funny one. Main reason that scored so highly was the visual style, music and the overall atmosphere that created. Was a pretty interesting concept as well.

Years
A generous amount of the ratings I give to series would fall into 7; there's only probably 3-4 on my list that achieved a 10. Unless the graphics are incredible, story is compelling and appealing to my tastes, characters are loveable (doesn't hurt if there's a boat load of bishounen :3) with great voice acting, then they'll probably end up with 6-8.

derozio

Years
I have like 10 tens. And most of them are for One Piece or Gintama lol. Have seen very few other 'masterpieces'. Expected Steins;Gate to be one but oh well. It only was good enough for a 7.5-8 in my eyes. And the movie was a 6. How people are giving out 9s and 10s for the S;G movie I do not know.

derozio

Years
You'd probably have missed One Piece had you practised this rule since the beginning. OP has a weak start, after all.

Edit: Gintama as well. Doesn't especially have a strong start imo.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
It wasn't amazing at first but the opening arcs were still loads of fun. Rewatching the Syrup Village Arc is a great way to spend a few hours.

When I talk about the 3 episode rule I tend to mean with new airing things mind. I guess I'm more selective and willing to give things a real go if I can marathon it.

derozio

Years
Well, they were fun, yes. I loved OP since the beginning. :p Most dont, so...

Although it was the case with Gintama for me. I dropped it and picked it up and then again dropped it like 3-4 times during the first 20 episodes. But didnt look back after that. And now it is my all time fave.

And I guess I can understand that reasoning. Guess you give longer shows some more of a chance.

derozio

Years
I still havent seen the entirety of Gintama myself. Watched till 20 with a lot of breaks. Took me six months, iirc. Then I watched till like 70 (liked the show quite a bit by now) and then, when sure most major characters and their quirks are familiar, I skipped over and watched most major arcs one after the another. And that was when I fell in love with it. Right now, I probably have seen 60-70% of the whole series. And my MAL entry on it is just inaccurate as a result. The season I have watched the least is Gintama'. Enchousen Ive seen completely while first one Ive seen a large part of.

Either way, as for OP, yeah, I guess you're right.

EDIT: I dont know if it is because it is legitimately good or not but I enjoy Log Horzion a lot. The most consistently great on going show imo. Anyone here a fan?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Majority of studios pick up unfinished source material. Most of the things airing now will not have their true ending animated.
No one would want to read manga if the anime covered ending.

Most people agree with me on most things.
Sasuga Lappy's ego.

You gave Ano Hana a 1
Agree, that thing doesn't even deserve 0.

@SakaDante: ad Shiroe is awesome: *inserting my post from Have you watched thread*

Years

For currently publishing series, the TV show is merely a means of exposure for the series. Well, that and acting as a way to milk more money out of the series existing fans. There's also more money in adapting a currently running series into an anime series because it doesn't have to start from zero in terms of getting the hype out for it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I liked LH for a while but then it got boring and I am now 6 episodes behind.

It's true. I was really excited for this anime but the action that we saw in the first 1-2 episodes where they were fighting the monsters for the first time was the most exciting action we've seen all season >.> If you're bored now I don't really recommend picking it up again as it doesn't really get any better, honestly. I'm only watching this one to the end since I'm already so close. ;;

Lapras and I have very different tastes x3 I'm very easy to please, though. 4/6 things I've rated as 10 are 5 or below on her her list, lol.

?_? what?? Plenty of people read AND watch One Piece, Fairy Tail, Shingeki no Kyojin, Magi, Kuroko no Basket, etc etc since there are so many more, despite the anime following the manga almost exactly (besides filler arcs but nobody watches for those). I mean sure the manga is farther ahead but by this logic then people would only read not watch yet I see so many people fangirling about these series on tumblr every day?

Anyway lol that's not what Lapras was talking about (I think). I'm pretty sure they meant that the endings for the anime adaptations of stuff like Nisekoi and Noragami (which are airing now) are going to be different and will probably suck like Soul Eater's and Ao no Exorcist's endings since the manga they are being adapted from is still publishing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back