• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Coro Coro Scans thread - July

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • From yaminokame (who wanders around here, sppf and Pokebeach): translations!
    Scan 1:
    The first scan was already shown earlier this week, but now we can see Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Entei's sprites. Overworld shots of Ho-Oh in front of the Tin Tower and Lugia in the Whirl Islands are also shown. The scenes will probably precede or follow those 3D shots of Ho-Oh flying around the Tin Tower and Lugia sitting behind the wave of water - the 3D scenes that were revealed a while ago. Both Pokemon are at Level 45.

Scan 2:
    The second scan shows the Kimono Girls, Red Gyarados, Pokemon Gyms, and more Pokethlon mini-games. It appears that inside of Ilex Forest, you can team up with one of the Kimono Girls to help her find the exit, similar to Cheryl in DPPt's Eterna Forest. The scan states that the Kimono Girl holds a "key" to the story, perhaps meaning that she literally has a key for the player. The screenshot that shows the dance studio the Kimono Girls reside in has a Team Rocket grunt in it, so it seems Team Rocket has some involvement with them... the grunt says, "So, you can't listen to your customer's commands, huh?", yelling at the Kimono Girls. When you encounter the Red Gyarados in the Lake of Rage, it will be raining. It's at Level 30.

In addition to the Dash Hurdle and Bound Field mini-games we learned about yesterday, the scan reveals two new Pokethlon games: Ring-Out Fight and Shooting Snow. Shooting Snow seems to involve... shooting snow, while Ring-Out Fight appears to be like the Hitmontop game in Pokemon Stadium 2 where you have to knock Pokemon out of a ring (though we can't confirm that for sure). The Pokethlon comes with five different courses, each based on the speed, power, technique, stamina, and jump stats. Each course is made up of three races.

Scan 3:
    For the third scan we have PokeGear and PokeWalker information. You can check the Johto map on the PokeGear and it has a radio and phone (not real ones of course). Unlike previous Pokemon games, you can now assign two key items (like a Super Rod and Bicycle) using the DS's Y button and a reserved button on the touch screen. The scan also shows that the Item Finder has been redesigned, which you can see on the middle of the page to the left (the black circle with orange and a dot). You can also use it as you walk - you do not have to stop to use it. The scan also states that when you win a battle, your mom will save up money for you and will sometimes use it to buy items for you.

As for the PokeWalker, you can connect to a friend's PokeWalker using your own. On the bottom of the scan you can see two PokeWalkers connecting to each other, one with a Cyndaquil and the other with a Pikachu. One of the players receives an Oran Berry in doing so, which means that there will probably be ways of obtaining items when connecting with your friend's PokeWalker. Additionally, one of the screenshots shows the PokeWalker's Item Finder discovering a Rare Candy, which may mean it will allow players to obtain rare items. The scan also gives us our first look of a Pokemon getting captured on the PokeWalker - you can see a Poke Ball capturing a Sentret. While battling Sentret, there is a new option - "Dodge." You can choose to dodge your opponent's attacks and then retaliate, just like in the anime. It is also revealed that the PokeWalker will record your daily progress in a journal.

Scan 4:
    As for the fourth scan, it confirms that the Level 1 Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina you receive from Arceus will be able to learn Metal Burst, Hydro Pump, and Shadow Sneak (respectively). There are screenshots of each Pokemon using their attack.

Scan 5:
    In the final scan, Notched-Ear Pichu's attacks are confirmed to be Pain Split, Volt Tackle, Helping Hand, and Swagger. It is also stated that it cannot evolve and it cannot be traded out of the two games.

With these new scans posted, we can now say that the Latios, Latias, and Mewtwo factoids posted the other day were most likely fake. There is no indication in the scans of any of those Pokemon being in the games, though if Kanto is included, Mewtwo may be too.

Could minor differences in Pokemon sprites like Notched-Ear Pichu and the dodge option be early features of the next generation of games? We'll find out next year most likely!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    From yaminokame (who wanders around here, sppf and Pokebeach): translations!

Wow the two big shocks here for me were the Dodge option and being able to regsiter two key items! Thats a whole new change to the base of the game! Changing the way we battle is always going to be a major change! It certainly makes me wonder who competitive battling will change. Will D/P/P continue to be the primary game for competitive battling or will HG/SS carry on the boom that occured in battling thanks to wifi?

Anyway great update! Biggest week yet i dare to say! Thank you for this!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Wow the two big shocks here for me were the Dodge option and being able to regsiter two key items! Thats a whole new change to the base of the game! Changing the way we battle is always going to be a major change! It certainly makes me wonder who competitive battling will change. Will D/P/P continue to be the primary game for competitive battling or will HG/SS carry on the boom that occured in battling thanks to wifi?
    Note that the Dodge option is in the PokeWalker, not in the main game. But hey - we can still imitate the anime now, shouting DODGE IT TORCHIC whenever we please at our PokeWalker. XD

Two Key Items FTW - I thought that such a thing should be implemented before as well, so nice to see it come true. And Pokegear is back, witht he phone, and an Itemfinder... nice info day, this. =D Stuff put into the first post and info thread, if you haven't noticed as well, btw.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Note that the Dodge option is in the PokeWalker, not in the main game. But hey - we can still imitate the anime now, shouting DODGE IT TORCHIC whenever we please at our PokeWalker. XD

Two Key Items FTW - I thought that such a thing should be implemented before as well, so nice to see it come true. And Pokegear is back, witht he phone, and an Itemfinder... nice info day, this. =D Stuff put into the first post and info thread, if you haven't noticed as well, btw.

Oh didn't realize that! I mis-read i think thanks for pointing it out! I'm glad they're adding more features to the pokewalker too! Rather than it just being a pedometer in effect. I think it would have been a dead peice of hardware in that case! xD

Two key items will definately simplify things!
    Also i was looking at the scans (yupp i noticed them) and i seen gold walking through some orange trees with leaves falling on the ground as if it were Fall. Makes me wish HG/SS had seasons! But the graphics were amazing! And on the same page there was a place of what looked like Silph Co. with the water inside and tiles and everything. Do you know what that is?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Also i was looking at the scans (yupp i noticed them) and i seen gold walking through some orange trees with leaves falling on the ground as if it were Fall. Makes me wish HG/SS had seasons! But the graphics were amazing! And on the same page there was a place of what looked like Silph Co. with the water inside and tiles and everything. Do you know what that is?
    Looks to me like Goldenrod's Gym - the blue 'water' seems like the walls, which made up the 'maze' the Gym puzzle was in GSC (which mostly just involed a bit of walking around, really - wasn't hard).

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Looks to me like Goldenrod's Gym - the blue 'water' seems like the walls, which made up the 'maze' the Gym puzzle was in GSC (which mostly just involed a bit of walking around, really - wasn't hard).

Oh yes you're right actually i took a glance and thought it was Silph co xD
    Also it appears your house is layed out differently. The stairs are on the left now. I don't think it looks as well.
    Though it's great your mom saves money for you and everything again! I used to love the random plushies nd the odd full restore :P

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Huh so this kinda confirmed mount silver is in Kanto. I mean its now looming over the league. Sweet. Also Red should be on that tiny mountain bit I think.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Strange. The clock has a wfi symbol next to it and the radio is open.

Pretty sure thats the radio signal. You know like on a phone, it has little bars for how strong the signal is? Especially since its on the radio tab.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Whitney's Gym was shaped into a Clefairy.

I loved that we can two key items, I was always mad when I had to switch from bike to super rod all the time, now I can just end that problem. I think I might love these new minigames, they seem so fun. I can't wait for the others to be revealed! Ho-oh sprite is meh, I love Lugia's, hopefully the two frames of animation are cool. Goldenrod City looks awesome, well just from that little picture it does. Azaela Gym remake, seems better than the boring ole maze, it does sorta look like a web. I wonder how much the Kimono girls are going to be involved with the plot, I hope that part is fun. Rocket plot upgrade, yah! ( Well sorta since we see the TR grunt in the Dance Theater.)

Years
  • Lugia'a new sprite actually looks amazing
    the best its ever looked, im so impressed with it
    and Entei's creates a real kinda "Guess whos back" presence ;)
    i noticed the azalea gym redesigned, looks like a giant spiderweb
    cannot wait for these games!
    oh yeah, and the Kimono girls scans
    the first one, the smallest one, theres one at the violet city pokemart when you leave!
    (yes i went on my game, went to violet city and checked the pokemart was next to the gym, and the gym's colours were the flying type blue colour) so i wonder if she gives you the egg instead

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Hmmm... Looks Like Notch-Earred Pichu cannot Evolve and cannot be traded. That's what Serebii says.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I just noticed some thing on the Pokegear's map:

Official Coro Coro Scans thread - July

See the yellow circle I made? It's near Olivine Town, and I believe it's where the Battle Tower/Frontier will be.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I just noticed some thing on the Pokegear's map:

Official Coro Coro Scans thread - July

See the yellow circle I made? It's near Olivine Town, and I believe it's where the Battle Tower/Frontier will be.
    Yes its quite obvious I think seeing as the tower used to reside there.
    Pretty sure thats the radio signal. You know like on a phone, it has little bars for how strong the signal is? Especially since its on the radio tab.
    So that would explain why the phone has it too? Just a matter of signal?

Last edited:

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    EWWY! I HATE THE NEW MAP!!! They made it look like it was for like 3 year olds or something

Back