• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Emblem Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    You should get it tomorrow. Ask a high-level mod or just wait... and if you don't get it within 3 days, then scream to everyone "where's my emblem?"

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Well I was wondering because I use xD a lot.
    What other requirements do I need for that certain emblem?

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Not that I'm not grateful but I received the Profile Designer again the other day, meaning I have a [iURL="member.php?u=2748&tab=myawards"]two in my showcase[/iURL]. xD

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Just to point this out: Smiley-Overdose and XD usage emblems...yeah...I use those too much :P (And no, that wasn't for any particular reason)

Ac1d

Game Dev
    Years
  • Using an American flag isn't the best of ideas since a lot of people would be offended.
    Now Please don't let this get into a debate about the US, since this should only be able the emblems... But I do agree that using a US flag is wrong in a sense, as to single out one country, and call them veterans is kinda wrong, as you're praising them for their work in war, yet there have been a lot of brave soldiers in many different countries fighting against, and along side the US that deserve the same title.

Get where I'm coming from?
    I hope so.. It's 4am, And I don't think my skills of argument hold up very well when i'm this tired :P

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Considering when you search for "Veteran" on Google, the first two pages of Image and Web search are both littered with American veteran pictures and links, it seems only logical that the Veteran symbol has an older man saluting the American flag. It's just iconic of the word. It's not promoting American veterans over any other veterans, it's just what people recognize it with.

If you really find it that big of a deal, I'm sure the staff can find a homeless man with a sign that says, "Veteran, need money or food" on it and use that. But that doesn't seem very fitting or respectful.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Why are you saying it's offensive? I've probably seen that picture millions of times; it's just representing a war veteran.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Using an American flag isn't the best of ideas since a lot of people would be offended.
    Now Please don't let this get into a debate about the US, since this should only be able the emblems... But I do agree that using a US flag is wrong in a sense, as to single out one country, and call them veterans is kinda wrong, as you're praising them for their work in war, yet there have been a lot of brave soldiers in many different countries fighting against, and along side the US that deserve the same title.

Get where I'm coming from?
    I hope so.. It's 4am, And I don't think my skills of argument hold up very well when i'm this tired :P

The emblem made you think of a veteran though, am I right?
    Then it's done it's purpose.

Personally, if I saw a soldier standing in front of any other flag it would probably take me a few moments to understand it, without knowing it was meant to symbolize a veteran. But the American flag and soldier is pretty much a world-wide symbol of veterans.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I demand that the emblem for War Veteran is incorrect. My grandfather was in the war, expert veteran, outranks most Americans in skill and rank. Can't you have another flag, such as the European Union or something? We took over Berlin and forced HItler to kill himself, not those Americans who did barely ANYTHING during WW2.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Really, what's with all the Veteran Emblem Fighting? I really don't think it's all necessary.

Alright, so let's pretend the Veteran Emblem had the guy with the Mexican Flag behind him. Everyone would go wtf and protest because not all of the population is Mexican

Now let's go with the British flag. Once again, protest because not everyone is British and so on with German, Chinese, Kenyan, Whoville, etc...

The United States is a very recognized country for its democracy and respect to its soldiers. It can only make sense if the US flag was used because of that recognition. The US represents patriotism and freedom out of all things....

at least if you ignore what Bush did for us anyways :P

Now can we all please shut up?

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    I demand that the emblem for War Veteran is incorrect. My grandfather was in the war, expert veteran, outranks most Americans in skill and rank. Can't you have another flag, such as the European Union or something? We took over Berlin and forced HItler to kill himself, not those Americans who did barely ANYTHING during WW2.
    You're honestly taking this too far.

As other members have stated, the emblem is there purely because it shows a war veteran. It isn't a jab at any nation other than America, it's there because it's an iconic image which many people recognise. Staff aren't going to create a new emblem just because you feel it's 'incorrect' to have the American flag in one of the emblems - if that were the case, we'd be creating emblems for every nation. Because honestly, it really isn't incorrect. And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't a majority of the members here American or from America?

Seriously? You're making a mountain out of a molehill and I think you just need to take a few deep breaths, calm down and be rational about the situation.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I think we shoud have a Photo of the Week emblem for all of us we are going to win the PotW.
    Last time I checked, Americans defeated Japan with the atomic bomb, and we lost lives getting to Japan through all the Pacific islands.

Argue with me and you'll be reported. Plain and simple.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Well I was wondering because I use xD a lot.
    What other requirements do I need for that certain emblem?

You'd have to literally abuse that emoticon.. xD;

Just using 'XD' every now and then doesn't really qualify for that emblem.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Erm... I don't think a petition is gonna get anywhere :\.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back