• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Emblem Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Can I ask to get an emblem removed? Namely Pokémon Connoisseur? Because I don't feel that copying and pasting deserves an emblem. There are many more members that know more about Pokemon than I do and don't have the emblem.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    But how do you really expect to get emblems? It's not like most mods go around, just giving out emblems all day....plus, even if some people DO fit the qualifications for something, that doesn't mean they are going to get noticed. I could have a qualifications for so many, but that doesn't mean an admin will come up to me and just think, instead of whatever I'm talking about, "Hey! This guy needs the Wall of Text Emblem!" No, he/she's going to reply to the topic and not really think of it. It's should HAVE to be on an ask/demand basis, that way others will be able to get their fair deserved Emblems.

It's kind of ironic that you used the WoT Emblem as an example,
    since I've been awarded that (not to brag), and I didn't get a reply
    or anything. Heck, I rarely ever see a reply from the higher-up's
    directed to me.

Also, could you elaborate on the "ask/demand" basis? Are you saying
    people should downright request an emblem via PM (or whatever other means)
    to a mod? That's completely absurd. People will be bombarding them,
    making rebuttals, saying "I deserve this emblem because..." and what not.
    They'll be swamped with these constantly spamming messages, let alone
    setting time aside for making a reasonable explanation as to why
    they aren't deserving of a certain badge..

If you're speaking of the more structured approach, as in making emblems a
    more big-of-a-deal and having a monthly vote with the poll choices being
    candidates to win whatever award, I think that won't fit either,
    for obvious reasons. People will begin to complain that they deserve
    a spot on those choices as opposed to (insert other candidate),
    or there may not be enough attention on these polls and votes
    will be sparse to non-existent.

In conclusion, I personally think that the current emblem-rewarding
    ways are fine. Also, to the bolded text in the quote way above:
    Do you seriously think a mod could skip over walls of text if the
    person is deserving of it? If the mod constantly sees this person
    taking up pages with one post, I'm pretty sure they're bound to notice
    eventually. It's not you need to wish upon a star to get an emblem,
    really. If you're wondering why you don't have (insert emblem),
    that's probably because you don't deserve that emblem yet.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    But how do you really expect to get emblems? It's not like most mods go around, just giving out emblems all day....plus, even if some people DO fit the qualifications for something, that doesn't mean they are going to get noticed. I could have a qualifications for so many, but that doesn't mean an admin will come up to me and just think, instead of whatever I'm talking about, "Hey! This guy needs the Wall of Text Emblem!" No, he/she's going to reply to the topic and not really think of it. It's should HAVE to be on an ask/demand basis, that way others will be able to get their fair deserved Emblems.

You see, there is an easy solution to this.
    Get noticed.

Seriously, the mods will notice you if you make a name for yourself by doing something.
    It's not like emblems are a life/death thing anyway.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hmm.....so the emblems added made the community more catchy.
    Now there are two moto's for pokemon: "Gotta catch'em all" and "Gotta collect'em all"
    8D

XD

Relevant

PACT;; applejuice & nytkoi
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    Hey everyone, I have some emblem suggestions I made myself:

The Artist Emblem
    How you would get it: Post a lot of good drawings in the Art Gallery.

The Typo Emblem
    How you would get it: Post wih a lto of typos in your post.

The Group Emblem
    How you would get it: Make a lot of active groups/be very active in the groups/pokemon groups section.

What do you guys think?

-MetalGardevoir

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    The problem with these emblems is that most people who actually have the emblems are either in the staff, friends with the staff, make contributions to the community, or are very popular among the community.

So if your not that active, or you don't talk to many people then you shouldn't expect to get many emblems.
    Hey everyone, I have some emblem suggestions I made myself:

The Artist Emblem

The Typo Emblem
    How you would get it: Post wih a lto of typos in your post.

The Group Emblem
    How you would get it: Make a lot of active groups/be very active in the groups/pokemon groups section.

What do you guys think?

-MetalGardevoir
    I don't like the Group Emblem and the Typo Emblem. That'll just encourage some individuals to create multiple groups a day and even screw up their typing just to get a silly emblem.

Though, I really like that Artist Emblem. That small sub-forums are very talented in their drawings and many of them deserve a different type of appreciation other than the common "Nice drawing / painting, ____".

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years

The Artist Emblem

We already have an Art emblem. I don't have the image, but here's the description.

Graphic Artist
    These members know to cook eye-candy to perfection. Given only to those skilled in visual arts.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Yeah but that is in the Graphics section. He is suggested for this to be for the talented people from the Art Gallery xD. Anyways I think that would be a great emblem to have, it gives the Art Gallery pipz the chance to get something for their amazing work.

Years
    Goodies, I'm not sure you're aware of this, but that emblem also applies to those who show their skills in the Art Gallery, even anywhere else around the forum. However, reason for it being primarily used for those skilled in Graphics is because G&P catches the attention of staff members more often, so there hasn't been any real enforcement of it being given to artists who just so happen to draw. But I agree, it would be great if artists could receive the same sort of distinction for the artwork they showcase. Unfortunately that emblem can only be handed out by those who manage the art forums.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Wow. I just wandered into this thread just to post a suggestion like that.

Yeah, I'm not too fond of how the graphics people tend to get that emblem more than anyone else despite how all-encompassing the emblem's description is (plus the 'graphics' here are more or less siggies and forum-related stuff, and not really any other kind of graphics). I personally don't care about emblems, except for that one (and maybe PC veteran).

Having a fairer chance at getting one would be a better incentive for me to post in the sluggish Art Gallery and subforums more. But not the Graphics forum because those people are intimidating

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yeah, I'm not too fond of how the graphics people tend to get that emblem more than anyone else despite how all-encompassing the emblem's description is (plus the 'graphics' here are more or less siggies and forum-related stuff, and not really any other kind of graphics). I personally don't care about emblems, except for that one (and maybe PC veteran).

I have to agree with you on that one. There are a lot of people on PC who focus their graphics on tags for people, forum related graphics, and other web-related graphics. I've attempted to do that, but that's just not my style, so not many people really would consider myself a graphic designer unless I show them what I do in school, which is more Illustrator oriented than Photoshop oriented. So I completely understand where you're coming from when you say that, and it's kind of a shame that no one really posts anything other than web-related graphics (for those who are more oriented in something other than web graphics).

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I have to agree with you on that one. There are a lot of people on PC who focus their graphics on tags for people, forum related graphics, and other web-related graphics. I've attempted to do that, but that's just not my style, so not many people really would consider myself a graphic designer unless I show them what I do in school, which is more Illustrator oriented than Photoshop oriented. So I completely understand where you're coming from when you say that, and it's kind of a shame that no one really posts anything other than web-related graphics (for those who are more oriented in something other than web graphics).
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm in college working towards a BFA in Graphic Design, and have been doing so for a year and a half. Heck, I'm gonna be starting to apply for internships this summer and make money with design. Forum/web graphics aren't my style, either, and I prefer to use my Photoshop for painting and personal art, and Illustrator for my graphics.

I guess what gets me most is the emblem's description. It's too broad compared to how narrow the focus really is.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Just a quick question, can I get the SOTW emblem, I placed first in the second and twelfth SOTW contests. (here's a link to J
    with the hall of fame of winners, if you wish to confirm)

thanks.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    You only get the emblem if you've won since it was put in place, so if you want it you'll have to try again.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    I think I'm eligible for the supporter emblem. So, can I grab me one of those? Well, can someone grab me one for me? x]

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think you should get a super special supporter emblem. It should be called the ultimate supporter. This member supports so much that she turns people into supporters.

You'd be surprised by the amount of people who donate for other members...

*totally one of those people*

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    You'd be surprised by the amount of people who donate for other members...

*totally one of those people*
    Really? Thats pretty shocking I assumed all the supporters are all actual supporters. Would that mean then that people who are in the 5th tier had no hand at it? Wow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back