• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official English Name Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zowayix

hi
Years
  • The earliest time zone in the world is already at 9:57am on November 22.

The latest they could reveal it while *technically* staying true to the banner is at 11:59pm in the earliest time zone in the world, or 11:59am GMT (just over 14 hours from now).

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Same here (5:15 PM). XD; I guess all we can really do is just wait patiently and speculate some more. ): I just hope the news gets announced soon as it will already be the next day for a couple of people.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    I have been checking the webpage since 5:00PM and nothing. Come on, it's 11:21PM and I won't sleep without knowing the names!

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • New Starter names

Tsutarja = Snivy
    Pokabu = Tepig
    Mijumaru = Oshawott

Also, the Isshu region is the Unova region, Reshiram is the "Vast White" Pokemon, and Zekrom is the "Deep Black" Pokemon.
    Info from Serebii.

Edit: Just noticed there's already a thread, sorry x_x

Years
  • Link

I was going to choose Wotter Oshawott (Ocelot?), but that name is just awful. I'm going to take Smug- Snivy, now.

Screw these names, I'm naming my Snivy Smugleaf. Seriously, Tepig? Teh + Pig? The Unova region?
    Tepid + Pig

Tepid is defined as:
    tep·id/ˈtepid/Adjective

1. (esp. of a liquid) Only slightly warm; lukewarm.
    2. Showing little enthusiasm: "tepid applause"

I don't think it's fitting, but whatever. I'll get over it. n-n;

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Oshawatt? That sounds SO awkward, yet sophisticated (paradoxial statement?). To me, that sounds more foreign than its Japanese name... I have a whole new outlook on the water starter now. But whatever, I'll still choose the little guy. =)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    lol I knew it'd be snivy D; Terrible name ;;
    (Well, assumed eventually...)

Imma call them by their Japanese names :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back