• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA Oh are we doing these again

pkmin3033

I'm still buried in work and stress but slowly climbing my way out and I've been idly checking this site during my breaks and downtime, so I guess I'll make one of these too as a way to ease myself back into foruming and things...and because I never get to jump on bandwagons D:

Now I'll probably get overwhelmed and forget about it sdfghjkl

Years
    can't say i don't miss seeing your flair and sig 'round here Dawn. glad to hear you're getting out of that stress hole!

random question time: if you could be any other life form aside from human, what would you wanna be and why?

pkmin3033

random question time: if you could be any other life form aside from human, what would you wanna be and why?
    A hydra! The small fresh water organism, not the Hydra of Lerna. The idea of biological immortality is appealing, and it's a pretty interesting little thing. Yes, I know this is a weird answer.

If we're including fictional/mythical life forms I'd probably want to be some kind of nymph...a naiad or a dryad, probably. Not a nereid, I'm not a sea sort of person. Maybe an oread. Not many people venture into mountains and I like my solitude and privacy.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Your sense of style and aesthetic is so great, have you ever considered a career in graphic design?

pkmin3033

Your sense of style and aesthetic is so great, have you ever considered a career in graphic design?
    Not seriously - the software is waaaaaaay over my head, and I had my fair share of coding in my twenties when I was designing forum skins for jcink Pokemon RP boards, haha. I've always had a fondness for art and design - my third dream job (after Power Ranger and paeleontologist) was to be an architect, and I loved art growing up (and draw a lot now again after about 12 years of burnout) but it's always been a recreational thing for me...so much competition, so much overwhelming talent in the field. xD;

favorite handheld zelda title?
    Nostalgia is screaming "Link's Awakening" at me, but I think it might actually be Oracle of Seasons. The Rod of Seasons is one of my favourite items in the franchise for the way it changes the entire environment, the dungeons are amongst some of my favourites, and the music is fantastic...and the puzzles weren't obscenely cruel/frustrating like some of Ages' were.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    You can go back in time and prevent one game from ever being made. Which one is it and why?

pkmin3033

You can go back in time and prevent one game from ever being made. Which one is it and why?
    If we're assuming this will have a chain reaction that will change the future, this is easier to answer than you might think: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Why? Because this was where the downward spiral of DLC, microtransactions, and lootboxes started. Of course, there's no guarantee that if Bethesda hadn't of done it first someone else wouldn't have, but if the floodgates hadn't of been opened back then I cna only imagine things would be substantially better than they are now, where it is considered acceptable to put things like this in full price releases. These things would have stayed confined to free-to-play titles and that would have been fine.

Maybe game prices would have increased sooner than now because games actually might cost more to make or not be as profitable (and I say this with more than a little disbelief considering how obscenely lucrative the industry is) and sure, we would have missed out on a lot of good DLC content over the years. I can acknowledge not all DLC is bad. We'd have to buy upgraded editions/expansions a lot more for this content or miss out on it entirely, and maybe those wouldn't be fairly priced. But considering we wouldn't have microtransactions, lootboxes, or season passes in full price releases if not for Oblivion's Horse Armour DLC, I think that a fair trade-off. What you buy would be a complete package, you'd know exactly what you were buying, there wouldn't be issues with gambling, and things would be...better. That might be naive, but I don't think there is any denying that the industry would be a much better place if nobody had gotten the bright idea to try and charge you more than once for a game.

If I'm just erasing one game from existence and it's not going to have a domino effect like that, that's a little harder to answer...if I'm being considerate, then Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, because I'm pretty sure nobody would miss it. If I'm not, then Persona 4, and good riddance to bad rubbish.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    (after Power Ranger and paeleontologist)

No joke, I think we might be the same person cause that was my L I F E. Silly story but when I was but a wee child my grandparents brought me to Universal Studios for some Ghost Buster exhibit and they called me on stage and asked what I wanted to be when I grew up; I said those exact two things in that order lmao.

Are you still into paleontology to some degree?

pkmin3033

No joke, I think we might be the same person cause that was my L I F E. Silly story but when I was but a wee child my grandparents brought me to Universal Studios for some Ghost Buster exhibit and they called me on stage and asked what I wanted to be when I grew up; I said those exact two things in that order lmao.

Are you still into paleontology to some degree?
    Awwww. xD

Somewhat! I still think dinosaurs are pretty great. Some things just never leave you, hahaha. I'd still love to go to the Natural History Museum again, if they ever put another program like Walking with Dinosaurs on TV I will definitely watch it - and I literally never watch TV these days - and if stuff comes up in the news I'll read the article on it :3

And I still watch Power Rangers...or at least, I do now that Saban have had it taken away from them again. Those seasons between RPM and Beast Morphers, my god...

what's your least favorite audio track from your favorite game? why?
    Satorl Marsh - Night from Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, because it is MASSIVELY inferior to the original and oh my lord does that make me angry, because the original is one of my favourite tracks of all time. It's NieR levels of perfection and the Switch remaster absolutely ruined it. The instrumentation is lovely, but it completely drowns out the vocals, which are what make the original version so enchanting. It's...sharper, overall, and I like the softer ambience the original has. Considering other remixed tracks in the DE were handled significantly better, this one actually upsets me quite a bit. Thankfully you can swap between the original and the remastered tracks in the game, because if you couldn't I think I'd sooner play the original game...

What's your favourite season of the year and why?
    Winter, because I cannot cope with temperature above 20C, and all the best things happens around late Autumn/Winter - my birthday, Christmas, etc. It's also wet and cold more often, which are my favourite weather conditions. Winter also means it's much easier to see birds because there isn't so much damn foliage in the way, and some of my favourite birds are more active (or just here) in the winter months. I have reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder. xD

do you have a favorite PC memory that you find quite memorable?
    The .gif thread generally. Dragon, Dusk, cream and I used to have soooo much fun in that thread and I miss it something awful. I also remember winning the song challenge in the PC Get Together and I was so proud of myself because I was still pretty new at the time and I worked super hard on my Killer Queen parody, haha. Becoming VG mod was quite memorable too, because I'd always considered myself a problematic member - and still do, it is usually me people pick a fight with - so it came as a surprise, and overall it was an experience I enjoyed.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    What would you do if one day you woke up as a Lucario?

If you could keep a Bastiodon as a real pet, would you?

pkmin3033

What would you do if one day you woke up as a Lucario?

If you could keep a Bastiodon as a real pet, would you?
    Depends...am I stuck this way, or is it just for a day? If it's just for a day, I'd probably spend that day sleeping to try and get through it as quickly as possible. If I'm stuck this way, after finding the one who cursed me to be trapped in this hellish form and making sure they knew exactly how I felt about this, if they didn't or couldn't change me back, I'd seek a swift and painless end. If it was some higher being that did this to me, the swift and painless end would probably come from confronting them about it. xD

Probably not, unfortunately! I can only imagine the cost of feeding one, the devastation it'd cause in the house/garden/to anything nearby would be horrifying, and I'm not particularly good with pets - I hate cleaning up after them. Never wanted to as a kid, and I definitely wouldn't want to now. As amazing as it would be to have one as a pet, I don't think I have the right income or temperament for it...and I don't think my parents would approve either, haha.

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    What would you do if you woke up as a Slime one day? (No changing back) [and yes, it's based on "That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime" :p]

pkmin3033

What would you do if you woke up as a Slime one day? (No changing back) [and yes, it's based on "That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime" :p]
    I have no idea, because I've not seen the anime...but as my only experience with slimes has been with Dragon Quest, I'd make slime puns. Lots and lots and LOTS of slime puns. Someone would probably squish me for it. But it'd be worth it. Just saying "Goo-d morning" and having it make total sense because I'm a slime would make the experience worthwhile.

pkmin3033

What's your favorite video game that you've played within the last year?
    Excluding replays and remakes of stuff I've already played...hmm. Langrisser I, I think. I think it's the first SRPG I've played with a proper branching narrative, and I loved how absurdly dark some of the routes in it were. The characterisation was also surprisingly good considering how minimalistic it was, and whilst the battles could drag on something awful because of the sheer number of soldiers on the field at any given time, considering how old the game is it holds up really well. I really wish this series had taken off instead of Fire Emblem, because it's significantly better I think. Second game was pretty great too!

Back