• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: ok stop i didmt asked about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
Years
  • I've been trying to get something at a cashier or something like that. I would like an office job to be honest, or even a desk job since I don't have to stand up all the time. Anything that requires me to stand up I can handle, but it's just going to be an absolute murder due to my flat feet even with insoles in my shoes.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Another reason why I prefer office jobs is because I'd much rather work at a desk than stand up all day. The first few days of my job were absolute torture because my feet were hurting so badly. @__@;

Zoroark Cutie

Years
  • It's one of the reasons why I kinda left a volunteer job that I had some years ago. I was standing up for like 6 hours a day, almost no break, and every day when it was time to go home I would nearly fall when walking to the car and I would be limping the entire next day or two after because that's how much my feet and ankles would hurt. Speaking of which, a driving job would be something else I like, like maybe delivering mail. As long as it isn't driving a big rig or a limo or any kind of thing that involves a vehicle that I don't know how to drive or include picking up and driving other people.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Sitting for long periods of time is bad for you, but so is standing in one place for hours. I get really upset when people tell me to stop complaining about my retail job because "at least youre standing and moving around!" No, not really, sometimes I have to stand in the same place for over an hour because of a rush. It's extremely taxing on your joints to stand for extended period of times and I think its inhumane that sitting down at a retail job is seen as "lazy" in the states.

Lol, sorry for the rant. Anyway- humans were meant to MOVE AROUND, not stand in the same spot for hours. We need to keep our muscles and joints moving.

Years
  • Sitting for long periods of time is bad for you, but so is standing in one place for hours. I get really upset when people tell me to stop complaining about my retail job because "at least youre standing and moving around!" No, not really, sometimes I have to stand in the same place for over an hour because of a rush. It's extremely taxing on your joints to stand for extended period of times and I think its inhumane that sitting down at a retail job is seen as "lazy" in the states.

Lol, sorry for the rant. Anyway- humans were meant to MOVE AROUND, not stand in the same spot for hours. We need to keep our muscles and joints moving.

my entire job is to stand in one place for hours, only moving around to seat people at the restaurant.

otherwise... just stand. .-.

Zoroark Cutie

Years
  • My volunteer job that I had was just standing in one spot the entire time, cooking some food, and if I ever moved, it was usually just turning around, taking one or two steps forward, and then immediately turning back around and taking one or two steps back. If I was getting a drink for someone, that would be 3 steps.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I work in an office environment, so I basically have to sit in front of a computer for long periods of time, but every hour or so I stand up and walk for 5 minutes and then I get back to work.
    I really feel the need to do it otherwise my legs will get sore.

TY

I have to stand for 6-8 hours with little to no movement each Saturday at work. It is no fun I can tell you that

Last edited:

Zoroark Cutie

Years
  • I feel like that at worse, I'm going to have to work in fast food which I really do not want to and if I have to then I at least hope that I get a cashier job because no one should allow me to go near food and cook it, that's a disaster waiting to happen. I like to cook, but like I feel that if I were to cook food all day long at a certain standard for other I would end up getting fired and then arrested because I feel like my cooking is not good.

TY

New modem came in today to fix the internet... never have I ever gone mental over an increase in internet speeds... im ashamed of myself

Years
  • I feel like that at worse, I'm going to have to work in fast food which I really do not want to and if I have to then I at least hope that I get a cashier job because no one should allow me to go near food and cook it, that's a disaster waiting to happen. I like to cook, but like I feel that if I were to cook food all day long at a certain standard for other I would end up getting fired and then arrested because I feel like my cooking is not good.

i've considered being a cook here and there but knowing me id eventually fuck something up

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • If I land my dream career I'll be at a computer for 12+ hours a day :v I'm really gonna have to get my butt to the gym when that happens lol

Years
  • Congrats! :O For me, I'm kinda saving for when I have to move out in about a year or two, but that will have to wait until I get a better paying job, too...

Years
  • ouch. :c

I'm finally getting along more with my mother for the first time in years so I don't mind living with her for the time being, but after a year or two years I'm pretty much out. I need to be on my own and with a stable, decent enough paying job.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back