• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD #2] ★The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center★ [read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • Well, I have a general interest in the entire Creative Discussions section (between the two, that'd be the one I'd pick) but if I had to be specific, I'd rank my interests in the following order: Roleplay Corner, Fan Fiction and Writing, Art Gallery and then Emulation and Game Development, which are more areas I would be interested in learning more about than primary interests. I probably should have been more specific to begin with; sorry about that. xD;

The RP mentor Miss Doronjo, as well as Fanfiction mentor Astinus are both available. I can go ahead and contact one of them so they can take you in if you like! And since you're willing to learn about Emulation, I can get one of the Emulation mentors to take you in as well. Your choice!

that sounds good ;) thanks for the help i surely do need it :/ lol.

Already contacted PlatDude, so he'll take you in when he can. :)

I would like to have a mentor :D
    1.1. What boards are you most interested in? pretty much everything :D but I already began to participate in the Ultimate monotype challeng thread :) I play pokemon for a while so I am always looking for new challenge :)

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? I always play with my Ds console but the emulation world seems pretty interesting alongside the real pokemon master knowledge that my dream is to masterize haha

3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Probably but for now I might stick in the general pokemon discussion threads :P

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here ? meet new people and talk about pokemon ! haha xD

Challenge mentor Sydian is not available right now, sadly. D: Since your second choice is Emulation, we have both DrFuji and SwiftSign that are willing to show you around the Emulation section if you like. :)

Seiren

Playing the Spirit's Tune~
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2013
    The RP mentor Miss Doronjo, as well as Fanfiction mentor Astinus are both available. I can go ahead and contact one of them so they can take you in if you like! And since you're willing to learn about Emulation, I can get one of the Emulation mentors to take you in as well. Your choice!
    I'd like to request Miss Doronjo, it's that's OK; I'm curious about emulation, but it's doubtful that curiosity will ever evolve into a tangible project, although I will almost certainly participate in RPs at some stage once I get comfortable with how the section works. xD

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Well, I've been on a few forums before, but if there is one thing I've learned over the years, it is that there is absolutely no shame whatsoever in asking for help when you're uncertain of something. To that effect, I'd like to request a mentor, if that's possible~
    1. What boards are you most interested in? The Creative Discussions and Technology and Media sections of the board are those that spring to mind first; I think I'll figure out the Pokemon sections and Off-Topic sections without too much difficulty. xD
    2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Emulation, I think. I've had an interesting, probably done before idea, but I lack the technical expertise or confidence to do it on my own. The idea of creating my own Pokemon game based off of one of the existing ones is something I find VERY appealing.
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I think I'll ultimately wind up dabbling in everything, so that would be a yes. Hopefully I'd be able to not make a mess of interacting in the Pokemon sections however, so maybe for the purpose of this question the answer would be "no" because I don't feel I'd need a mentor to do so~
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Mostly, I think I'd just like to make some friends, plain and simple. I'd like to get involved in a few things - roleplays, clubs or maybe even hacks if people find they need a spriter - and just integrate myself into the community without setting off any hidden landmines that see me universally hated. I know what people will say: that probably won't happen unless you're a total ass. But it doesn't hurt to take precautions, does it? xD

Thanks for reading and/or considering me~

I'll be happy to take you in. ^^
    But yeah, welcome, and nice to meet you! <3

You can VM me, PM me, or if you wanna chat on MSN or Skype or something, that's fine too~!

Seiren

Playing the Spirit's Tune~
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2013
    Miss Doronjo;7198511 [SIZE=2 said:
    I'll be happy to take you in. ^^
    Miss Doronjo;7198511 [SIZE=2 said:
    But yeah, welcome, and nice to meet you! <3

You can VM me, PM me, or if you wanna chat on MSN or Skype or something, that's fine too~!
    Thank you; I look forward to getting to know you better :3

I've added you on MSN, if that's OK; makes conversation a bit easier than VM or PM. xD;[/SIZE]

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • can I have a mentor please I havent worked this out yet and want to know what is what etc thanks

I'd recommend you to fill out the form on the first post. Just saying you want a mentor doesn't tell me much. You should tell me which section of the forums you're interested to learn about, as well as what you look for in a mentor. For easier results, fill out that form. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    1. What boards are you most interested in? Trading, and Battling
    2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? Trading, because it kind of confuses me how to trade on here and all i want is an eevee.. :p
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? yes, i would once i feel more comfortable here.
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? meet other people on the forum, contribute to it, and hopefully learn how to fully enjoy the online pokemon experience. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 1. What boards are you most interested in? Trading, and Battling
    2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? Trading, because it kind of confuses me how to trade on here and all i want is an eevee.. :p
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? yes, i would once i feel more comfortable here.
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? meet other people on the forum, contribute to it, and hopefully learn how to fully enjoy the online pokemon experience. :)

Hey there! :)

Since your main interest is Trading, mind if I recommend you Livewire? I just recruited him recently, and he'll be more than happy to show you around the trading boards. If Battling is your main interest, we have Requility and PlatinumDude for just that. :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I can definitely direct you to Jellicent who's mentoring BW2, since you're interested in that. There's also bobandbill who's a 4th Generation mentor as well. Your choice, and I'll go ahead and contact one of the mentors if you're still interested!

Also, why not create an introduction thread? :)

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    1. What boards are you most interested in?
    I pretty much exclusively surf the emulation board. I've been rom hacking on my own for quite some time and I only just joined PC when I saw what a good source for rom hacking info it is. I have been in love with the Pokemon Trading Card Game but all my love is for the first 151 Pokemon. Once Ruby and Sapphire were released, my desire to stay up to date with the trading cards has been almost non existent.

2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?
    I would appreciate help sorting through all the numerous threads in the rom hacking board to narrow it down to the best, most useful Gen 1 resources. It seems like nearly every thread has FireRed or Ruby in the title. I know of a few good Gen 1 threads, but I would like help sorting them all out, because Gen 1 hacking is all I have interest in.

3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
    I don't have very much of an interest in forums discussing other topics, or forums about the newer generations. I don't have interest in pokemon battling or trading either. I only have real interest in emultion threads that are related to Gen 1.

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
    I would like a mentor who can not only show me around the boards, but who can also help me with problems I run into with my Red hack. I would very much appreciate someone who can help me learn all that I can learn about rom hacking. And maybe someday when I'm expericenced enough, I can be an Emulation Board Mentor to another newcomer who wants to learn about rom hacking. If it is appropriate, I would like to request SwiftSign as my mentor. He seems like he knows a whole bunch about rom hacking which I think is what I need. I don't need alot of beginner things since I've been doing alot of work on my own. But I just need a push in the right direction when I get stuck and SwiftSign could be the assistance I need :)

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I love your request :')

And since you are requesting SwiftSign, I'd be more than happy to go ahead and contact him for you in just a few! So while you explore the ROM Hacking section, he'll confirm and take you in! :)

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Wow! Thanks so much for being so helpful! And thank you for loving my application! :D I know I have questions both about rom hacking and about PC specifically, so I'm sure a mentor will be great help! Thanks alot!

~ Danny-E 33

Last edited:

Legit~Hamster

Hamsters corruption! :3
    Years
  • 1. What boards are you most interested in? Roleplaying, please. It seems so cool when someone in a thread I read makes their character come to life. It just makes me grin and want to read more of it. That's how I want my roleplaying to be.
    2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Well, I like the idea of ROM Hacking, because it seems cool, but I want to focus on RPing for now.
    3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Well, when I get more comfortable with this website. I don't want to embarass myself by going to another part of the forum. :3
    4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Well, I really want to have friends. I have friends in real life, but they think roleplaying, pokemon, all of those things, as nerdy and stupid. It would be cool if my mentor, if I get one, be helpful and nice. Preferably someone who isn't very forceful, but looking at this community for the two short days I did, I bet no one is mean here. Overall, I want to learn as much as I can about roleplaying, and to have great friends.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hey there Legit Hamster! :3 I think PKMN Trainer Yellow would be a perfect mentor for you. She's quite the expert in roleplaying, and she'll be more than happy to show you around the RP sections! :)

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Hopefully this should help me to stop wandering around like a lost puppy. :3

Well, all of Creative Discussions is very nice, but my interests revolve primarily around the Roleplay Corner.
    2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
    Definitely Roleplay Corner. It's been a while since I RPed on a forum.
    Yes, I've ventured out a little already. I would like to get more comfortable with the site before I go too crazy though.
    It's kind of a given that I'd like to RP, but also just making friends is one of my priorities. Challenges and whatnot are pretty fun as well.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Sorry for the delay! D:

Hopefully this should help me to stop wandering around like a lost puppy. :3

Well, all of Creative Discussions is very nice, but my interests revolve primarily around the Roleplay Corner.
    2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
    Definitely Roleplay Corner. It's been a while since I RPed on a forum.
    Yes, I've ventured out a little already. I would like to get more comfortable with the site before I go too crazy though.
    It's kind of a given that I'd like to RP, but also just making friends is one of my priorities. Challenges and whatnot are pretty fun as well.

Hope you're still interested! We still have Miss Doronjo and PkMnTrainer Yellow for RP Corner. One of them are more than happy to take you around the RP section. :) Let me know so I can go ahead and contact one of them. :D

Also: For those of you interested in mentoring, a few more spots have been opened due to demand, and that includes Roleplay Corner! Interested aspirants, can refer to the first post of this thread, and send me or Snivy a PM with your application! :) (Be sure to abide by the requirements!)

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I am still interested, and thank you. I would very much like either of them to be my mentor, whoever would be bothered to have me I suppose.

Not quite sure if that's the most helpful of responses coming from me. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back