• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    im wondering for when i get soul silver does having a certain starter for example on firered i had bulbasaur so i caught entei is soul silver like that or can you catch all tree i know that you catch suicune in it though but does it matter on your starter

Beco

That guy...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012
    I'm wondering, from when on will I be able to trade over Pokémon (or eggs) from DPPt that are not in the Johto Pokdex? I need to know this so I can decide on my team.
    (So let's say that I'm planning on trading over an Eevee egg, hatching it on HG and then trading it back to Pt to evolve it into a Leafeon, and then trade it back to HG. Will I be able to do this early on?)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm wondering, from when on will I be able to trade over Pokémon (or eggs) from DPPt that are not in the Johto Pokdex? I need to know this so I can decide on my team.
    (So let's say that I'm planning on trading over an Eevee egg, hatching it on HG and then trading it back to Pt to evolve it into a Leafeon, and then trade it back to HG. Will I be able to do this early on?)
    Yes you can, and as soon as you can trade as well (soon after you get the normal dex).

Beco

That guy...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012
    Yes you can, and as soon as you can trade as well (soon after you get the normal dex).
    Thanks, that's great. Now I can go prep the eggs I will send over when HG arrives at the end of this month.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    i don't understand why there is so few AR codes. the ones out don't even work, or freeze my game. when will we get better ones?

Years
  • Anyone know how to get to the battle frontier?
    It's by Olivine town. I'm pretty sure you can only access it after you get the National Dex, but I could be wrong D:

i don't understand why there is so few AR codes. the ones out don't even work, or freeze my game. when will we get better ones?
    Well, considering the games just came out two days ago, and were just leaked four days ago, I'd say it's only a matter of time before more codes are released 8|!
    Patience.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • Ughh this is so annoying. On route 36 how I do make the sudowoodo move. I've tried talking to it and it doesn't work. ><

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
  • Ughh this is so annoying. On route 36 how I do make the sudowoodo move. I've tried talking to it and it doesn't work. ><
    In goldenrod there's a house, right next door to the gym, where you can find a lady watering flowers.... it's a flower shop.... talk to the lady and she gives you the squirt bottle. You have to have beat the gym leader first, though.

Get that, then try talking to it.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • Oh yeah, I remember talking to her, and she said I needed to beat Whitney. Thanks so much! You're a great help.

Years
  • EV EV EV FOR SOUL SILVER

are the pokemon that give u ev points the same as d&p cause ive been trying to ev train in ss but i dont know which ones to fight i looked places for a list but nothing if anyone knows like the common 7 pokemon that will help my pokemon with ev one different one for each stat

Last edited:

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
  • oh wow, this is gonna sound really stupid, but .. ;___;
    uhm, i'm playing soulsilver, and i'm in goldenrod looking
    for the gamecorner. so i think i found it, but when i walk
    in, there's just this guy called mr. game and he talks to me,
    and then two other people who you give the coins to for
    the prizes. i have the coin case but i can't get the coins
    because i don't know where the ACTUAL game corner is,
    you know, with all the games and stuff. ugh it's probably
    right in front of me but i don't know where to go to play
    the games and stuff .. does anyone know what on earth
    i'm trying to say? ;A;

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
  • Oh yeah, I remember talking to her, and she said I needed to beat Whitney. Thanks so much! You're a great help.
    You're very welcome.

how do i get to the gym leader in sprout tower?
    You need help getting through sprout tower? You just go in, and find the one latter you didn't go through on each section... very easy. Beat the monk dude after seeing your rival, then you can grab the escape rope nearby and get out of there..... you don't actually see the gym leader himself in there.

Still need help? Check these out:
    Part 1-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_2_1KcxQYo

Part 2-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Da2-oih84

EDIT:
    oh wow, this is gonna sound really stupid, but .. ;___;
    uhm, i'm playing soulsilver, and i'm in goldenrod looking
    for the gamecorner. so i think i found it, but when i walk
    in, there's just this guy called mr. game and he talks to me,
    and then two other people who you give the coins to for
    the prizes. i have the coin case but i can't get the coins
    because i don't know where the ACTUAL game corner is,
    you know, with all the games and stuff. ugh it's probably
    right in front of me but i don't know where to go to play
    the games and stuff .. does anyone know what on earth
    i'm trying to say? ;A;
    Umm... that is the gamecorner. Hit "game info" to learn about how to play, basically, 1st number is coins, multiply next number by that to get your coin value, etc., but voltorb gets rid of all the coins you've won in that game.

Two gents in the corner will exchange your coins for prizes.

Last edited:
    Years
  • EV POKEMON LIST

attack
    defense
    sp atk
    sp def
    speed
    does anyone know pokemon in ss that improve these stats pokemon u fight for ev effort value

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
  • eyaare
    gah, i don't think i'm explaining this right ;A;
    what i mean is, i don't see any of the games / machine
    things. it's just this room with a guy on a couch, and two
    other people sitting at a table facing each other. D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back