• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old School Mafia

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
  • Rainbow stacking is a little more suss than anything else I've seen so far.

Also going to agree with the above about how Corvi got upset about stacking and then voted the first voter instead of the stacker. You're just contradicting yourself IMO.

[Vote] Rainbow

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • I'm not suss of anyone in particular. this is d1 after all. also @sheep and @nakuzami havent posted yet either.

[vote]Simply Dunsparce it wasn't the random vote and i don't expect this to anyone to get behind this so its a free vote that has no real impact on the game.

Years
  • Just because they aren't "uncommon" doesn't mean we should be taking them as gospel and letting them slide without comment. Raising an eyebrow at that evaluation honestly.
    Is there like some reason why you're so annoyed by me performing a random vote? I'm not sure why me doing a d1 rando vote has is so striking to you, and your reaction almost seems like you have a personal stake in it.

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Is there like some reason why you're so annoyed by me performing a random vote? I'm not sure why me doing a d1 rando vote has is so striking to you, and your reaction almost seems like you have a personal stake in it.

I mean this in the nicest way now — this isn't about you anymore. Your rando vote is about as important to me as the direction the wind is currently blowing in. Josh's comment is what has me intrigued.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • ^ my comment about his random vote is intriguing??? the posts echoing each other about how SD was suss for random voting were unproductive and weren't getting us anywhere, not sure how it's intriguing i tried to move us past that and do something active

@Isa: just randomly picked SJ as he was the first person i thought of who hadn't posted

Also finding it suss re: corviknight voting SJ because he's "most likely to die" which is a v strange thing to base a decision on imo

so for that reason [unvote] superjolt
    [vote] corviknight

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    ...and Omicron never posted anything either. As of right now I trust Charlie and SJ more but that could change, and I trust Fletch and Corviknight the least but that could also change. Umbreon and SD are interesting.

Fletch: Throwing out raised eyebrows but not doing anything proactive imo. And the reaction to Charlie's comment seems a little bit too defensive considering it's similar to your own with SD.

Corviknight: not being very proactive either. Posts don't have substance and the reason for voting SJ is ehh. If you're town you can probably do better.

Umbreon/SD: noting the vote on SD from Umbreon and noting SD himself.

For now I'll [vote] corviknight.

Side note: if I misgender anyone just let me know. And also sorry for the mispelling on JD's username lol. Btw is editing posts allowed here?

Years
  • ...and Omicron never posted anything either. As of right now I trust Charlie and SJ more but that could change, and I trust Fletch and Corviknight the least but that could also change. Umbreon and SD are interesting.

Fletch: Throwing out raised eyebrows but not doing anything proactive imo. And the reaction to Charlie's comment seems a little bit too defensive considering it's similar to your own with SD.

Corviknight: not being very proactive either. Posts don't have substance and the reason for voting SJ is ehh. If you're town you can probably do better.

Umbreon/SD: noting the vote on SD from Umbreon and noting SD himself.

For now I'll [vote] corviknight.

Side note: if I misgender anyone just let me know. And also sorry for the mispelling on JD's username lol. Btw is editing posts allowed here?

It's preferred you don't make any major edits but you can get away with fixing typos and the like.

Years
  • Old School Mafia
    No fancy custom roles. No flavour or thematics. Nothing but pure mafia.

Night One

Superjolt is dead. He was the Vigilante.

The Rules

1. All UG and PC rules apply.
    2. The Night Phase lasts 24 hours, the Day Phase 48. Do not post in the thread during the Night Phase.
    3. Do not share information from your role PM/DM or discuss the details of the game outside of the thread or Mafia team chat.
    4. If you die, you're dead. Don't continue to haunt the thread with your posts. The exception to this is a single "death post" that cannot contain any game related information.
    5. Post twice per Day Phase.
    6. Format lynch votes as [vote] username
    7. Failing to vote during two consecutive Day Phases may result in a GM kill.

The Players

gimmepie as the Game Master
    Fletch
    Sheep
    TY
    Corviknight
    Rainbow
    Simply Dunsparce
    Bidoof FTW
    Isa_theDT
    jdthebud as a Villager
    Omicron
    Nakuzami
    Midnight Umbreon
    Charlie Brown
    Superjolt as the Vigilante

Spoiler:

Years
  • Old School Mafia
    No fancy custom roles. No flavour or thematics. Nothing but pure mafia.

Day Two

Simply Dunsparce is dead. He was the Cop.

The Rules

1. All UG and PC rules apply.
    2. The Night Phase lasts 24 hours, the Day Phase 48. Do not post in the thread during the Night Phase.
    3. Do not share information from your role PM/DM or discuss the details of the game outside of the thread or Mafia team chat.
    4. If you die, you're dead. Don't continue to haunt the thread with your posts. The exception to this is a single "death post" that cannot contain any game related information.
    5. Post twice per Day Phase.
    6. Format lynch votes as [vote] username
    7. Failing to vote during two consecutive Day Phases may result in a GM kill.

The Players

gimmepie as the Game Master
    Fletch
    Sheep
    TY
    Corviknight
    Rainbow
    Simply Dunsparce as the Cop
    Bidoof FTW
    Isa_theDT
    jdthebud as a Villager
    Omicron
    Nakuzami
    Midnight Umbreon
    Charlie Brown
    Superjolt as the Vigilante

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Alright. Mafia is either composed of entirely new players or there's at least one smart mover in there. Although, I find it strange that they'd hit out on the first 'rando' voter and not play off my narrative of it being suss with Josh and just keep it around to ramp up any possible tension that would've occurred.

So with that I'm going to vote [lynch] Omicron unless anyone has anything better to suggest.

Last edited:

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    [Vote] Corviknight
    I still don't like his vote there. Fletch aren't you going to even address the people voting for Superjolt? (A 'joke' vote, a pressure vote that was later switched, and Corviknight...) Plus my suspicion on you?

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • [VoteOmicron]
    remember how I said at the beginning of the game how that simply dunsparce might know something we dont?

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    [Vote] Corviknight
    I still don't like his vote there. Fletch aren't you going to even address the people voting for Superjolt? (A 'joke' vote, a pressure vote that was later switched, and Corviknight...) Plus my suspicion on you?

First of all, the cop just flipped and voting for his instant vote would be most logical in this situation, and then go through his voters. Which would be Charlie Brown, Corviknight and TY, of which only CB was the least bit proactive.

Your suspicion on me is misguided, you were out here calling me proactive for actively wanting to challenge someone's ideas — so if anything I'm taking a little bit of a scum read on you now. There would be absolutely no reason to do so and call out my apparent lack of what you deem most important this round.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Oh, I honestly didn't catch that. My bad. I didn't make the connection that SD's 'random vote' could have not been random at all. Though the 'hmm' comments and Umbreon's hint may not have been the best ideas for keeping a cop unrevealed but whatever, I'm not super familiar with the playstyle here. Maybe there was something I missed.

Still, that doesn't clear you in my book, and that seems a bit like omgus. Besides, you asked if anyone else had a better idea while (at least it seemed to me) completely ignoring everything else that happened on day one and my thoughts, which from what I've seen, could be taken as evading.

Also, how is it such a bad idea to kill a cop before they can read anyone else? It's unfortunate for the mafia that one of them was discovered on the first day, but to me it actually seemed like a good play, to prevent any more of them being discovered, especially if, like Umbreon, they had a suspicion and knowledge that the 'random vote' wasn't really random after all.

I'll leave my vote there. It's clear Omicron will be voted anyway, and Corviknight hasn't given an explanation yet. We can do other things while the day still lasts, aside from the votes on Omicron.

Back