• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
  • this topic is now about tortoises

On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

just look at it

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I think it would've been wonderful if my uncle had the oppurtunity to have that. It's a nice thought to me, and I like wellwishing that maybe I could've told him and how awesome that would've been, and maybe we could've endeavored to find a chemist willing to boil down Tetrasil to save him from renal failure. My apologies you find it so uninteresting, heh…

this topic is now about tortoises

just look at it

Sean

Years
  • I could never even imagine myself with children in the first place, I would be such a horrific father figure lmao

Years
  • I would never want to have kids at all, they just seem annoying to deal with while being a money drainer. Unless you are like my parents who never buy you anything even if you do complain 24/7.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    They must have bought you some things, otherwise you wouldn't be alive today. Just because they're not buying you what you want doesn't mean they're not spending money on your food, clothing, picking places to live with you in mind, supplies, etc.

Edit: I hope the irony of "kids are annoying...I whine 24/7 at my parents" isn't lost on anyone

Years
  • They must have bought you some things, otherwise you wouldn't be alive today. Just because they're not buying you what you want doesn't mean they're not spending money on your food, clothing, picking places to live with you in mind, supplies, etc.

Edit: I hope the irony of "kids are annoying...I whine 24/7 at my parents" isn't lost on anyone

True, but while my friends got new stuff like iPhones immediately, i got them 2-3 years later. And even then that phone didn't have space to take a single picture(i'm not even kidding).

EDIT: I also have a full wardrobe of clothes, and parents still rather spend my money on clothes instead of what i want

At least i'm not a son of tortoise parents i guess.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    True, but while my friends got new stuff like iPhones immediately, i got them 2-3 years later. And even then that phone didn't have space to take a single picture(i'm not even kidding).

EDIT: I also have a full wardrobe of clothes, and parents still rather spend my money on clothes instead of what i want

At least i'm not a son of tortoise parents i guess.

Oh my god if your parents lived in poverty I think you might die. Someone get this kid an iPhone, STAT, all his friends have one!!

Sometimes it's hard to argue against the "kids these days are entitled" argument as much as I want to...

Years
  • Oh my god if your parents lived in poverty I think you might die. Someone get this kid an iPhone, STAT, all his friends have one!!

Sometimes it's hard to argue against the "kids these days are entitled" argument as much as I want to...

Well if my parents have enough money to give my sister everything she wants, then i fell like i should get everything i want too.

Though i do admit that most of my arguments on being entitled come out of jealousy.

Sean

Years
  • Well if my parents have enough money to give my sister everything she wants, then i fell like i should get everything i want too.

Though i do admit that most of my arguments on being entitled come out of jealousy.

Personally I think that's why you don't get what you want in the first place...

Years
  • Eh, my family had a lot of issues with money when we moved from Europe to the US. Mom and dad could hardly speak English - mom cried every night before going to college here because she couldn't understand the lectures. Took them a long while to get jobs decent enough to buy me things. I remember being turned down even for something worth a dollar or two and I was an only child. I didn't get a good phone until I was 20 or so.

But luckily they pushed through and are working decent jobs now. Well, my mom at least; dad's hoping to quit his when he finds something better. He's a driver with no set schedule so he could be called in at obscene times like 2AM. I feel sorry for him.

So really, while I can understand why you're jealous, your situation isn't bad at all. You'll be fine!

Years
  • Eh, my family had a lot of issues with money when we moved from Europe to the US. Mom and dad could hardly speak English - mom cried every night before going to college here because she couldn't understand the lectures. Took them a long while to get jobs decent enough to buy me things. I remember being turned down even for something worth a dollar or two and I was an only child. I didn't get a good phone until I was 20 or so.

But luckily they pushed through and are working decent jobs now. Well, my mom at least; dad's hoping to quit his when he finds something better. He's a driver with no set schedule so he could be called in at obscene times like 2AM. I feel sorry for him.

So really, while I can understand why you're jealous, your situation isn't bad at all. You'll be fine!

Your situation was pretty harsh. Hope your dad gets a better job.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Crisis: I made chili last night and perch the night before and now my apartment smells like both chili and perch. I might skip dinner tonight...

Years
  • Never liked chili, at least the way it was made in my household. My mom used to make it on occasion when I was young, but I was such a picky eater back then, all I ate was pasta. Didn't matter what kind, could have been spaghetti, tortellini, ravioli; all types of pasta, I gobbled up in seconds. Any other food, I whined about for hours on end, and refused to eat. I must have been an incredibly annoying kid to deal with d:

Years
  • I love chili whenever it's served in my household. I've always had a taste for it, especially by sprinkling shredded cheese onto it while still hot (so that it melts) and with crackers as well to make it crunchier.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Hey, dead topic. Cool.

Now I can't decide whether to mention Nathan's 2 year PCiversary, or the fact that Andy still has his KKK avatar. #DipuShoutOutHa!

Haha, or not, I guess.
    I like chili. It has to be spicy, though. And it doesn't beat out curry. Curry is good. Curry is better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back