• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game] One Pokemon a Day

Years

One Pokemon a Day: Art Challenge

Hello there we meet again. Happy 2022.

So I've actually been doing this for a bit and I might as well rope you all in on this- I'm doing a challenge where I do one pokemon per day... and now you can do it too!

There are no rules. You just draw one Pokemon- it can be any Pokemon, it can be one certain Pokemon, but you have to do it daily. It doesn't have to be a finished rendered piece, it can be a sketch. It just has to be daily.

For me, at least, it has to be daily.
For you, however, you can join and leave whenever you want. :)

Here's my attempts from Day 1 to Day 4:

No pressure, I'm not forcing you.
But you obviously can challenge yourself too. See how long you last!

Spoiler: Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Can I draw a Pokemon done before?
Yes! We don't really care about duplicates here, it's all about having fun and pushing yourself to do something small everyday.

2) What happens if I skip a day?
Your streak gets broken, but that's it. :p

3) You posted this at January 5, it's unfair!! How will I ever get to 365 days then???
You're right. You have 5 free lives/attempts that you can do whenever for your bonus 5 mons and let's say that counts as part of your streak when you do.

If you joined much later but want to get to 365, then you have 365-the number of days you missed as free bonus mons that you can do whenever as part of your streak.

4) How would you know that I actually did my dailymon today instead of yesterday?
I trust you! :)

Last edited:
Years
graphics design is my passion
PIKA.png

NearAutomas

Acoustic Wonderbag
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Wow. Everyone here is like the next Da Vinci or something... Lets see I'll try..!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
January 5th - Today feels like a self care day

I wasn't even going to render those parts originally, but white tentacles looked weird.

Still looks wonky as heck but it's only sorta awful, which is the first step to being kinda good, so there's that.

All I have to say, artwise is God bless whoever invented line stabilizers and vector graphics.

Years
honestly yeah god bless line stabs for existing
i went and did a small animation for day 6 because budew sparks joy

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
January 6th - Omae wa mou shindeiru

So, I was going to do Onceler Meowth, but that sketch came out ridiculously cursed and I couldn't figure out the anatomy, so I went with a simpler drawing.

So it wasn't just "copy the reference" I did a little anime expression study. It was kinda fun so that's neat I guess.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm signing up but don't have art for you yet so I guess my streak is already broken but expect something!

Edit: I lied here's a my little ponyta
SDyHsI7.png

Last edited:
Years
yall legends :sob: my little pony, scottish seal and dio combee that's glorious
lowkey curious about onceler meowth but u know what im not that curious

i'm gonna go to the gym later today i bet i'll be exactly like this

also new added stat: join date (based on my calendar) jkfds

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Technically next day for me

How to know your Psyduck is ready to hatch:
l1JegIZ.png

Years
omg that psyduck is adorable
ready to eat-

it is 2am enjoy my early morning wishlist

Years
WxvAnoT.png

Cutting-edge technology was used to study the internals of this Pokémon's rock body, but nothing was found—not even a brain or a heart.
Spoiler:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
January 7th - Hot Summer

So, I was just going to do this dumb joke about singing cicadas but the drawing actually came out kinda good - like, I legit like it - even if it isn't "proper anatomy" so I made a version without the joke.

I should probably render it sometime since the wing designs get a bit busy without a body color / to work with, but in general I'm okay with the way this turned out.

Dumb Joke
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Now I have to wait until the 8th for another entry but I've got such a cute idea lol.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Now I have to wait until the 8th for another entry but I've got such a cute idea lol.

You got 5 freebies since the thread was posted on the 5th instead of the 1st. If you want to make another entry, go for it.

EDIT: Speaking of freebies, here's a second drawing:

January 7th (2) - Emergence

Here's a Beedrill emerging from a Kakuna because I had this image in my head earlier and apparently the anime did this (which makes sense because this is great imagery), still, trying to picture a Kakuna by its side or how the wings would bend wasn't trivial (sadly the anime scene had some light effects that killed details).

Still, I like this, the one thing I'd try to change for sure is the wings. It should have a "wetter" feel to them that I don't think I figured out how to replicate still.

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
January 8th - Sleepy
g8NLkwj.png

So I got COVID and a bunch of college stuff to do, so here's something more on the simpler side.

Back