• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One thing you did today to improve your life.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I turned in all of my work early so I can pretend I don't go to school when I get Omega Ruby. Even started on next week's assignments so I can no-life a little longer.

Does that count.

I also did my laundry and sort of vacuumed my room. Bonus points for productivity.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I ate two eggs for breakfast today! I know that might seem trivial to some but I very rarely eat breakfast and it was nice to be a little independent and productive in that regards.

Years
  • Awesome, you guys figured how to play!
    You can comment every day for all I or anyone else cares :)

I managed to write two small exams today with only 2 hours of sleep and didnt TOTALLY fail them.
    Next entire week is "exams week" so I have no college so Im planning to do some useful stuff :D

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Today I took medicine, and didn't get sick. First time in three weeks, that feels like the start of an improvement.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't know if it's really improving my life, but I decided to pick up my sister's copy of OmegaRuby for her. The only video games she really plays are Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Metroid, and Pokemon RSE so her options are already small. She preordered OR and doesn't have a 3DS or money for the game or the system, so I picked up her copy for her and lent her my other 3DS. I feel like a pretty bomb ass sister, if I do say so myself.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I managed to face a serious problem with myself mentally and come to terms with it. It took me 3 days to do it, but I have a better grasp of who I am, and what this problem entails. I think this marks a pivotal part in a development with a problem that has emerged 13 years ago and has continually taken over my life since then. I have managed to shed a lot of the shame affiliated with the problem, and realized that maybe, even though others may view me as beyond help because I have this persistent problem, that only I can determine what I do with my life, and how I feel about it. I can prepare myself. I can build myself. I can ensure everything is ready when those things come.

And even though I may not be able to stop that problem when it comes, I can at least prepare myself for the inevitable.

Inspirational music from SSB4 helped though lol.

It was inspiring to know that despite my problem, that my friends were there by my side. None of them judged it, even though it was a very worrisome problem. They may not understand it personally, and even though this problem is quite uncommon... they supported me to come with terms with those demons.

Many tears were shed, I needed to calm myself down repeatedly, but in the end I faced the truth. And I've grown as a person for it. I know it's not the end of this problem and it will follow me until eventually I succumb to it, but now I am able to reconcile who I am. If there's anything to take from this, I would say don't be afraid of who you are. Sometimes your inner demons are scary, but they are a part of you, and sometimes embracing that side of you is the first step towards taming them, even if eventually you realize that they know what's best for you, mentally, with your identity.

Hopefully I can finally get some sleep now.

no it wasn't a gender identity thing but i'd rather not talk about it publicly yet

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Today I slept in a bit, which is great because I feel refreshed to tackle on the rest of the week. I went grocery shopping (I even had to trudge through the rain!) and I dyed my hair and put some laundry in.
    I ate a great lunch (crayfish-mayo with avocado, tomato, spinach, pickled shallot, braised cabbage) and indulged a little bit in some chocolate, part of an anzac biscuit, and a few carrot-crisps.

I'm relaxing for half an hour now, and then I'm going to do some baking and vacuuming! :3 Will hopefully be quite a productive day but balanced with a bit of lazy-sunday-ness!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I swam in a pool with my boyfriend. The water felt good and I got excersize C: And super romantic too. But yes that improved me because excersize!! Yaya!

Years
  • I've been taking my medications everyday.
    I am set for an interview for a research assistant position and sent out an e-mail to another professor to possibly work for them as well.
    Today, specifically, I read the research papers of the professor I'm going to be interviewing with to familiarize myself with their work. Social Dominance Orientation and Hypodescent, yo.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    Today, I subscribed to Netflix. I finally have something to fill in time when I don't have anything else to do without having to fill my hard drive with pirated TV shows. On the contrary, that means I will have no life anymore.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • I went to work and made money to pay rent and eat. I think that improved my life!

Back