• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One thing you did today to improve your life.

Years
  • Alright after seeing topics about stuff that made you unhappy, you dont like about yourself and whatnot, I realized that there might be too much negative energy on this side of the forum. I am not the most active member, but I like to come here every now and then and what I am seeing is that this sub forum is becoming more of a General Depression than General Chat.
    Yes, I know, not every topic is like that, and yes, it's not THAT much of a depression, but lets face it, out of 20 last topics, good amount of them make me anxious or depressed.

Your task is really simple here.

Every hour, or day, or week (or never if you wish), come here and write something that you did to make yourself feel better (not that), improve YOUR own life, to make yourself happier.
    Next, whenever you feel down, or think life sucks, come here, search your posts, and see how things are not as bad as you think and that you can always do something to fix most of things up and make your life better (you do that by seeing everything you've listed on this topic before, alright?).

Some of you (me included) dont have big problems and therefore this topic might seem far fetched, but I know for a fact that some people could use some self motivation, self inspiration, and self comforting and this might help them. (or maybe not, I dont know lol)

If you scored an exam mention it, if you are bullied but managed to ignore all the bullies for a day mention it, if you finally found a good name for your Pokemon mention it, if you helped someone and it made you happy mention it. Anything, from the smallest to the biggest things, you can mention it here.

I think we could use a topic where only positive posts are being put. Might serve as a source of motivation or I dont know, something. The post is getting too long so I dont know what Im talking about anymore lol.

If there is a topic like this, my bad, didnt see it.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I managed to make frosting that didn't slide down the edges of my cake! Haha!
    This cake was for a friend's son's birthday party and my first real "cake commission" where I made 2 cakes and 40 cupcakes! I was quite pleased with how it came out! Nowhere near perfect bakery-decorating quality, but I know it tasted great and everything was apparently eaten and polished off!
    Spoiler:

Also.. had two amazing meals out yesterday and did pretty much all of my christmas shopping :3 Also got to spend a lot of yesterday with my boyfriend and I had gone to the gym yesterday morning. Yay!

Threw up from a hangover though this morning/ last night.. and while it was my first throwy-uppy drunk experience, I know now that.. it's not nice to overdo it and definitely a lesson learned. I take it as a good thing actually and helped me readjust thinking about having things in moderation instead of binging.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I'm going to say.... second week in a row of back to exercising on weekends. I did that this morning, first thing upon waking up.

I was doing this every weekend throughout the year and then... late August I went away on vacation, came back and that same week managed to get a respiratory infection (not fun, bruised my lungs coughing so much. It huuuurrrt) for two weeks, after that by the end of the following week I got another cold on top of everything else @__@, once I recovered from that my weekends were spent studying for a big exam.

And now that's all out of the way, so back to exercising somewhat regularly.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I had an eight hour lab today and I made friends with one of the girls in my class. We went out to lunch together on our break and also exchanged numbers. This would not have happened two years ago lol

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • my band played a show. it was good fun, as it usually is. I got really into it. the audience was pretty not receptive but I mean that's almost par for the course hahaha. we played pretty well overall - a couple ****ups but other than that nothing too major.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • (over last three days)

- lead set-up and the purchase/paperwork end of the youth auction we had and got thanked wholeheartedly for taking charge of the younger youth and being hella productive
    - cleaned my room and packed most everything up in under a day in prep for moving most of my stuff tomorrow
    - bought fun jewelry and a nice fleece jacket
    - caught up with a bunch of people i never text
    - bought one of my bffs a birthday present
    - finally tried tea from the specialty tea shop in the mall and it was great
    - checked in with my bff in sweden and had a proper convo
    - checked in with my bro who is way away at college
    - set up a time and date for the all-day ORAS playing party my friends and i are having

Nakala Pri

I ate a very delicious healthy nut bar. :D

And I finished some of my Egyptian Nile project. :P (yes not very outstanding but who cares)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I tried to not buy chocolate.

Unfortunately, it failed ;) In a way, chocolate improves my life anyways. Because!

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2016
    I got up at 5AM and got things accomplished for 2 hours instead of sleeping until my usual 7AM. I'm not tired in the least and feel good knowing I started my day off in a positive way.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • My brother came over to pick some stuff up and we sat and actually chatted for a few hours instead of him just getting his stuff and leaving~ We don't see each other as much anymore so it's nice.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Bought a Ralph Lauren Polo shirt half off for $35 and a pair of Levi 505 jeans. I be lookin fresh as a muh****a. I also taught myself how to use the Waves Audio GTR plugin so I can play guitar with distortion through my audio interface. A really nice plugin with some awesome sounds. Not sure why I never used it in the past. Took about 30 minutes to get a sound like Pantera. Not as good as an amp but it's the best simulator I've came across. Now I just need to find a way to ReWire my petal plugins through this plugin. May have to use my DAW

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I actually started a little thing called, "What good will I do today?" At the start of each day, you write down what you want to get accomplished, and at the end of the day, you write down what you actually did. I'm seeing if it will help me get more organized, so here's hoping!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I made blondies today, cleaned the kitchen, waxed, showered, cleaned a bit, bought some amenities at lunchtime today.. wrapped a couple presents for Christmas.. and going to call my aunt soon! :3

Back