• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Online related pet peeves?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    So basically state things you have seen people do online that just kind of bug you slightly. Basically anything, whether it be capitalizing every word or using coloured text on your background that makes it hard to see, anything is acceptable.

What won't be accepted, however, is stating the exact users who do the things that bother you. Please, never do that. And if someone mentions something you are guilty of, do not be afraid.

As for something that bothers myself, bolding every other word in a post just to give emphasis on the topic. It's fine if it's just one or two, I also do that, but doing it constantly is massively irritating to see.

Charcadet121

Emotional Warrior of Justice
    Days
    I feel like that when other users try to insert politics in any way, I have no choice but to correct them. I have strong political beliefs that I don't need to put my two-sense in online.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    always found posts that are one big block of text to be kinda annoying

please use the enter key people =(

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
    Looking up meals online and having to scroll three thirds down to the actual food recipe just to avoid reading the lengthy Saturday Night Live monologue BS. At least they're kept brief in book form. I wanna cook already!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    - people using different volumes in their videos requiring me to up and down the sound regularly
    - "please don't forget to like and subscribe"
    - people constantly changing the name of their videos/threads/etc for some stupid reason

There's probably a ton more.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    It's hard to think of one but I'm sure I have several. The ones that come to mind currently are worshipping online content creators and when people compete about being the biggest fan about something.

Online related pet peeves?

Being passionate about things like that is great, but I can't be friends with someone if they're constantly telling me how they like this youtuber or streamer or vtuber more than me and telling me they're paying them money, or if someone tries to tell me they like something more than me, as if only they're allowed to like it. I think we're in an age of the internet where this is just happening more and more exponentially as time goes on. Maybe it's ironic for me to be complaining about it but both feel very invalidating to me. I've had to separate myself from a couple corners of the internet cause I just didn't wanna put up with being pissed on.

faf

Queen of Dragons
    Years
    When People Type Like This In Every Sentence Like You Don't Have To Press The Shift Key Starting A Word Every Time. Doing This In Titles Is Fine But Not When You Are Talking.

And also, videos that drag on too long it's like an essay just to fill word count instead of getting straight to the point.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    If I see a thread with a huge continuous lump of text, I'm pretty much just gonna read the first sentence and then click off.

All the times when someone presents their opinion on something as some sort of well established undeniable fact.

People who change user/nicknames excessively. I don't even bother trying to keep track anymore. I mean, changing your user/nicknames every once in a while is fine ofc... does someone really need a new one every week though? =\

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    • He / Him
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh, there's a lot
    - This emoji -> 💀 I feel horrible just by typing it
    The internet just ruined this emoji forever for me. Whenever I see a funny comment that gets a good laugh out of me and then I see this emoji at. the end of said comment, the joke immediately becomes unfunny. I just get filled with immense rage whenever I see it.
    - The urge that people have to start every single sentence with "Bro". I have no idea why.
    - When people misspell very basic words or swap out them or something (like saying "your" instead of "you're" or saying "there" instead of "their" and vice-versa, etc.)
    - People that post stuff that isn't theirs and say something like "credits to the original poster". HOW ON EARTH ARE YOU GIVING CREDIT IF YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THE ORIGINAL POSTER IS???
    - Twitter (except the funny people).
    - People making money out of blatant content theft and never admitting to it.
    - Plenty of "opinion channels".
    - People that call content they don't particularly enjoy ir that isn't directed towards them "cringe content" or "fatherless behaviour".
    - TikTok (except the funny people).
    - Family YouTube channels of which most of their content comes from exposing their children.

There are plenty others, but I won't put any more because then this post would become a big wall of text and also because I'm very tired.

Years
    If you mean just the Internet and such..

- Slow websites
    - Ads
    - Hard to navigate sites
    - Sites with tiny font/hard to read font
    - News articles that are actually videos

If you mean like stuff online that bugs me...

- people who are looking to instigate and start stuff (fights, arguments, etc)
    - TikTok
    - Twitter/X
    - YouTube, mainly the comments section honestly

I bet I am missing some stuff..

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Oh, there's a lot
    - This emoji -> 💀 I feel horrible just by typing it
    The internet just ruined this emoji forever for me. Whenever I see a funny comment that gets a good laugh out of me and then I see this emoji at. the end of said comment, the joke immediately becomes unfunny. I just get filled with immense rage whenever I see it.
    - The urge that people have to start every single sentence with "Bro". I have no idea why.
    - When people misspell very basic words or swap out them or something (like saying "your" instead of "you're" or saying "there" instead of "their" and vice-versa, etc.)
    - People that post stuff that isn't theirs and say something like "credits to the original poster". HOW ON EARTH ARE YOU GIVING CREDIT IF YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THE ORIGINAL POSTER IS???
    - Twitter (except the funny people).
    - People making money out of blatant content theft and never admitting to it.
    - Plenty of "opinion channels".
    - People that call content they don't particularly enjoy ir that isn't directed towards them "cringe content" or "fatherless behaviour".
    - TikTok (except the funny people).
    - Family YouTube channels of which most of their content comes from exposing their children.

There are plenty others, but I won't put any more because then this post would become a big wall of text and also because I'm very tired.
    The your/you're thing is annoying to me, too, but I do genuinely think the their/they're one is people just forget. But I agree with you, nontheless.

Back