• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Our Memberbase

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • This is similar to Dipu's thread on our staff team, but for our memberbase instead. What do you think of our memberbase in general? Friendly or unfriendly? Mature or immature? Interesting or not interesting? Etc? What are some experiences you've had on PC that give you your opinion of the memberbase?

As usual, no specific names, please!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    One of the best boards. Bulbagarden ain't what its used to, and Serebiiforums is bigger then ever, and I always thought it was big.

TY

From what i experienced, members are friendly, nice and even silly as heck.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • From what I experienced, most of the members here are friendly and mature. That's definitely one of the best Pokemon boards on the Internet.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Yep definitely one of the best boards for pokemon on the internet especially for the reputation that pokemon fans get.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • The vast majority of us are friendly enough, and there's a range of maturity levels, as would be expected from a group made largely of teenagers and twentysomethings thrown into a makeshift community Lord of the Flies-style.

Being called "interesting", though, is something you have to earn from me, and if I'm honest not everybody in our memberbase has. With the level of life experience people in our age group have (much less people in our age group who spend a large portion of their time sitting in front of a computer screen instead of out getting aforementioned life experience) it's difficult to be all that interesting. So it's only the people who have that inherent "X" factor that really shine.

Years
  • I think all the members here are very fun to talk with and have nice conversations with as well. I haven't run into anyone here that only I have had problems with, which is really good, and interacting with people who have similar interests just adds onto the fun here at PC.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Most of us are sincere here which is pretty good imo. Haven't seen much of buttkissing from members towards mods like in other smaller forums I used to be part of which is a nice change. People definitely are nice for the most part here and help others out. Not much for me to point out really, negatively.

@007 - the rpers. Don't forget us. hehe

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Okay, here's my thoughts on the member base here. No happy sappy 'everyone is amazing' bull here, because that isn't true. I'm not going to name anyone, but I have names for every case I mention, so no, I am not making this all out of my butt.

There is one simple thing I can and will concede to, and that the majority of PC consists of members who are more often than not friendly. Are there a few rotten apples? Yes. Do a few people put up façades of someone otherwise? Yes. But many of the members here are nice, and that's all good and well. However, being friendly doesn't mean there are members who have faults of sorts.

The biggest fault is the cliques that have already been mentioned. I do NOT think that cliques are necessarily a bad thing, however. My knowledge beyond CCP is a tad bit limited, so anyone more experienced outside of CCP may see my argument here as flawed, but the say I see it, if a person devotes a good amount of his or her time to a specific section of PC, as well as is at least moderately social outside of the forum, then there is going to inevitable be a stigma of being a part of the ___ crew. I'll use CCP as an example. I consider the DCC to be a bit clique-like, considering that many of the posts here are from regulars who have gotten to know each other via the DCC as well as off the DCC on VMs or other mediums of conversation. Sure, considering that the DCC is a thread, it allows people who don't normally traverse CCP or are brand new to push themselves into the mold, which happens a lot actually. Does this accurately define clique? Perhaps not, but the say I see it, it resembles one.

Now for the cliques surrounding a central figure that is a member here. More than one exists, but some are a hell of a lot more defined (and imo obnoxious) than others. It bleeds narcissism, and that central member gets put on a pedestal that gives off an impression, especially towards newer users, that they are for whatever reason 'different'. Not many of these central figures exist. A few of them are even humble, which I'll admit, knocks down the narcissism down a peg or 2, but not everyone works that way.

Aside from cliques, PC does have it's fair share of 'don't bother me, I won't bother you' people. Is there anything wrong with that? Not really, no, but they exist, and are solitary by nature, therefore 'not as open'. Just pointing this out cause they should get... recognition? I dunno if that's the best word to use.

I have something else to mention, but I need to dash, so I'll post it up later if I remember.

Skybro

Pure Epicness.
    Years
  • I think all the members here are very fun to talk with and have nice conversations with as well.

OMAIGAWSH THANKS FOR ALL THE COMPLIMENTS FOR ME GUYSSSSSSS I WUV YOU ALL TOOOOOOOOO OMGGG ^^

Nah,I'm serious though.
    Thanks for the compliments anyway.
    I've been on many other forums over the years and in comparison,this one has the best members(including me) out of ALL the others.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Friendly, bland, a little slow and kind of annoying.

There are incredibly interesting and intelligent members, but after being on staff for five years and dealing with the amount of incredibly daft and downright stupid people, that's how I view the majority of the memberbase and I'm absolutely unapologetic about it.

Back