• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overrated.

Years
  • Many possibilities here, but let's go with the game "BioShock". In my opinion that game failed with pretty much everything it set up to achieve: horror, "politics", morality...you name it. Couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • "Homophobia" is overrated why?

1. LGBT community accuse nearly everybody who makes a "negative" comment about homosexuality, a "homophobic", (even if it is something like homosexual intercourse is wrong, (which I strongly believe)).

2. Homophobia itself shouldn't really exist, like, I believe in God and the Bible, but, I don't really believe that homosexuals should be judged for liking the same gender and dating, however, I do believe homosexual intercourse is wrong and gross. I think Leviticus 18:22 speaks about sodomy being an abomination, not homosexual relationships as I have heard lie (as in lie down) has meant intercourse in the Bible, that's just my opinion, I am not sure if that is Leviticus's correct words or not.

Hypocrite.

You strongly believe that homosexuality is wrong, yet your profile states that you are in love with Justin Bieber. Your profile states directly:
    "I love Justin Bieber, he's my boyfriend, he's the cutest kid ever!"

This, by definition, makes you homosexual or bisexual, and apparently quite open about it. So why would you be against it?

Not to mention, there are other things in Leviticus besides homosexuality. If you really followed Leviticus, you would be against:
    -Eating shellfish
    -Bowl cuts
    -Polyester and other fabric blends
    -Shaving
    -Touching pigs

And secondly... what.

There's a reason we go after people who make negative comments about homosexuality. It's the same reason we go after people who make racist comments. These are hateful, discriminatory views that don't belong in the 21st century. The idea that the government should ban gays from marrying or having sex is a dangerous theocratic view that is not only tyrannical, but in my country of America, completely against our Constitution.

Like it or not, every civil rights movement in recent history has succeeded. The Civil Rights movement of the 50s and 60s. The fight against Apartheid in South Africa. You can't stop progress, and if you want to stand with the conservative kooks and oppose progress, fine, but you won't be very successful.

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • "Homophobia" is overrated why?

1. LGBT community accuse nearly everybody who makes a "negative" comment about homosexuality, a "homophobic", (even if it is something like homosexual intercourse is wrong, (which I strongly believe)).

2. Homophobia itself shouldn't really exist, like, I believe in God and the Bible, but, I don't really believe that homosexuals should be judged for liking the same gender and dating, however, I do believe homosexual intercourse is wrong and gross. I think Leviticus 18:22 speaks about sodomy being an abomination, not homosexual relationships as I have heard lie (as in lie down) has meant intercourse in the Bible, that's just my opinion, I am not sure if that is Leviticus's correct words or not.

Am I missing something here?

Example:
    o·ver·rate
    have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved.

How does homophobia fall under the category of "overrated"?

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atomic Pirate Overrated.
    Hypocrite.

You strongly believe that homosexuality is wrong, yet your profile states that you are in love with Justin Bieber. Your profile states directly:

This, by definition, makes you homosexual or bisexual, and apparently quite open about it. So why would you be against it?

Not to mention, there are other things in Leviticus besides homosexuality. If you really followed Leviticus, you would be against:
    -Eating shellfish
    -Bowl cuts
    -Shaving
    -Touching pigs

And secondly... what.

There's a reason we go after people who make negative comments about homosexuality. It's the same reason we go after people who make racist comments. These are hateful, discriminatory views that don't belong in the 21st century. The idea that the government should ban gays from marrying or having sex is a dangerous theocratic view that is not only tyrannical, but in my country of America, completely against our Constitution.

Like it or not, every civil rights movement in recent history has succeeded. The Civil Rights movement of the 50s and 60s. The fight against Apartheid in South Africa. You can't stop progress, and if you want to stand with the conservative kooks and oppose progress, fine, but you won't be very successful.

Are you stupid or just stupid? I have nothing against gays, there we go again, I just cannot stand homosexual intercourse and I find it disgusting, gay marriage, I possibly don't care for, if it is legalized, I have no problem, if it isn't legalized, I have no problem, I'm just saying that when someone believes two men should not have sex with eachother, they should be left alone and not stoned for saying that, please don't compare me to Westboro, because I cannot stand them either, I do believe in gay rights, but not homosexual intercourse... And calling me a hypocrite when you are so judgmental towards an artist who you don't even know the full story of is just plain stupid.

Yes, I am bisexual and why must it matter? If you are gay, that is fine, just don't get so defensive when one has a belief...

I'm pretty sure every single one of your posts has mentioned either Justin Bieber or One Direction. Listen, I get your a "Belieber" or whatever, but it's getting old. If all you're going to do is complain about people not liking Justin Bieber in this thread, then I don't really see the point of you posting here. I'm not trying to be mean or rude, but it's just getting old. People have opinions, dude. Live with it.

Westboro Baptist also have opinions, but, they are universally hated for their opinions... But, it has come to my attention that most 1D and JB haters are just bandwagoners, who have nothing better to do with their lives, so they just hate. I have come to the conclusion that they consist of
    1. Teenage males: Nerds, gamers, anime fanboys, bandwagoners just wanting to fit in.
    2. Adult men (the creepiest by far): nerds, unemployed, usually unsuccessful in life, basement dwellers.
    3. Very few girls: They just want to fit in with the other bandwagoners.

The haters can think that they can drive him to a state of douchebaggery, which pretty much happened, you wouldn't think homophobic comments, calling him a girl and calling him talentless would keep him humble? The thing is, he lost some popularity, due to changing his musical style, wanting a more mature sound, but, since it was labeled "Justin Bieber" the "gay", "talentless", "girl", "lesbian", the haters just hated for the fun of it...
    And calling Beliebers dumb and stupid is an underestimate, we're not the ones who are hating due to pure jealousy, we made a commitment, "Once a Belieber, Always a Belieber", we don't leave him due to a few petty mistakes (unlike his fans, a Belieber is someone who will support Justin through tough times, a fan is someone who will go to the next big thing and leave Justin), we support him, because his music has saved some Beliebers just with telling them "you are my one love", his music makes us feel happy when we're down.

Last edited:

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Are you stupid or just stupid? I have nothing against gays, there we go again, I just cannot stand homosexual intercourse and I find it disgusting, gay marriage, I possibly don't care for, if it is legalized, I have no problem, if it isn't legalized, I have no problem, I'm just saying that when someone believes two men should not have sex with eachother, they should be left alone and not stoned for saying that, please don't compare me to Westboro, because I cannot stand them either, I do believe in gay rights, but not homosexual intercourse... And calling me a hypocrite when you are so judgmental towards an artist who you don't even know the full story of is just plain stupid.

Yes, I am bisexual and why must it matter? If you are gay, that is fine, just don't get so defensive when one has a belief...

Westboro Baptist also have opinions, but, they are universally hated for their opinions... But, it has come to my attention that most 1D and JB haters are just bandwagoners, who have nothing better to do with their lives, so they just hate. I have come to the conclusion that they consist of
    1. Teenage males: bandwagoners just wanting to fit in.
    2. Adult men (the creepiest by far): nerds, unemployed, usually unsuccessful in life, basement dwellers.

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait

You're bisexual. Bisexual. And you aren't turned on by gay sex? Then you're either not bisexual, or you're denying your bisexuality. Bisexuality refers to the sexual attraction to both sexes. If you don't have a sexual attraction to guys, you're not bisexual. Look, man. It's okay. I know you were probably brainwashed as a kid to believe that being gay is wrong, but times are changing. If you're bi, then embrace it and be proud of it.

And are you implying that the WBC is wrongly hated? They're probably the most repulsive people in the country. There's a reason they're hated by their opinions: Their opinions are hateful and, dare I say evil.

As for your supposed theory on people who don't like Bieber, most people I know don't like his music. Really, the only people I know in real life who like his music are middle school girls and a few (around 5) girls in my high school. But this isn't about Bieber anymore, this became about religious insanity when you brought your narrow-minded opinions into this.

Oh, and believing that they should have rights, except for the right to marry and have sex, you don't want them to have rights. Banning people from having consensual gay sex is a tyrannical, theocratic view that, luckily, is falling out of favor.

This has drifted so far away from the original topic, and, quite frankly, I'm fed up with having to reply to this crap, can a mod please lock this?

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • Waitwaitwaitwaitwait

You're bisexual. Bisexual. And you aren't turned on by gay sex? Then you're either not bisexual, or you're denying your bisexuality. Bisexuality refers to the sexual attraction to both sexes. If you don't have a sexual attraction to guys, you're not bisexual. Look, man. It's okay. I know you were probably brainwashed as a kid to believe that being gay is wrong, but times are changing. If you're bi, then embrace it and be proud of it.

And are you implying that the WBC is wrongly hated? They're probably the most repulsive people in the country. There's a reason they're hated by their opinions: Their opinions are hateful and, dare I say evil.

As for your supposed theory on people who don't like Bieber, most people I know don't like his music. Really, the only people I know in real life who like his music are middle school girls and a few (around 5) girls in my high school. But this isn't about Bieber anymore, this became about religious insanity when you brought your narrow-minded opinions into this.

Oh, and believing that they should have rights, except for the right to marry and have sex, you don't want them to have rights. Banning people from having consensual gay sex is a tyrannical, theocratic view that, luckily, is falling out of favor.

This has drifted so far away from the original topic, and, quite frankly, I'm fed up with having to reply to this crap, can a mod please lock this?

Dude, I said I do not care if gay marriage is legalized or not, and secondly, saying WBC's opinions are hateful (which is true), haters of One Direction and Justin Bieber also have hateful opinions.

LOL, are you one of the ones who bully Beliebers, probably. There's bound to be more Beliebers, but, they like to keep it a secret, due to haters constantly bullying them.

And my theories about his haters are true...

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Is this man trolling or nah...? just ignore it and maybe it'll go away

How about going into the world of sports...

AJ McCaron

Hes a great guy dont get me wrong, and off the field he's one of the best at the college level, but his play hasn't garned him as deserving of second on the Heisman list. He's an average passer with okay armstrength. You might point out his two national championships but his defense obviously carried him in those seasons.

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atomic Pirate Overrated.
    Hypocrite.

-Eating shellfish
    -Bowl cuts
    -Shaving
    -Touching pigs

And secondly... what.

Are you stupid or just stupid? I have nothing against gays, there we go again, I just cannot stand homosexual intercourse and I find it disgusting, gay marriage, I possibly don't care for, if it is legalized, I have no problem, if it isn't legalized, I have no problem, I'm just saying that when someone believes two men should not have sex with eachother, they should be left alone and not stoned for saying that, please don't compare me to Westboro, because I cannot stand them either, I do believe in gay rights, but not homosexual intercourse... And calling me a hypocrite when you are so judgmental towards an artist who you don't even know the full story of is just plain stupid.

1. Teenage males: bandwagoners just wanting to fit in.

The haters can think that they can drive him to a state of douchebaggery, which pretty much happened, you wouldn't think homophobic comments, calling him a girl and calling him talentless would keep him humble? The thing is, he lost some popularity, due to changing his musical style, wanting a more mature sound, but, since it was labeled "Justin Bieber" the "gay", "talentless", "girl", "lesbian", the haters just hated for the fun of it...
    And calling Beliebers dumb and stupid is an underestimate, we're not the ones who are hating due to pure jealousy, we made a commitment, "Once a Belieber, Always a Belieber", we don't leave him due to a few petty mistakes (unlike his fans, a Belieber is someone who will support Justin through tough times, a fan is someone who will go to the next big thing and leave Justin), we support him, because his music has saved some Beliebers just with telling them "you are my one love", his music makes us feel happy when we're down.

Please stop. You're being rude, mean, hypocritical, and derailing this thread among other things. Also, you can't be bisexual but find gay sex "disgusting". That makes no sense.

I never claimed I hate Justin Bieber. I just kindly asked you to stop bringing him up in every thread you post in and specifically this thread. People have opinions. I don't see why you don't get this. Just because someone doesn't like something does not mean they're a hater.

I actually think GTA V is pretty overrated. It's a fantastic game, but I didn't really find the storyline too appealing. It's too linear and tedious. I wish there were more heists and less missions where you just take orders from people.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Agreed, the online feature of GTA V was really great, I'll give it that. But the single player mode is meh, just like every other GTA games but with more freedom.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
  • Dude, I said I do not care if gay marriage is legalized or not, and secondly, saying WBC's opinions are hateful (which is true), haters of One Direction and Justin Bieber also have hateful opinions.

LOL, are you one of the ones who bully Beliebers, probably. There's bound to be more Beliebers, but, they like to keep it a secret, due to haters constantly bullying them.

And my theories about his haters are true...

Question u cant say some beliebers r gay n r scared to b open thats false they don't always get bullied. Also your theory on non beliebers are so false to the extent that u r generalizing which is also false

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • Question u cant say some beliebers r gay n r scared to b open thats false they don't always get bullied. Also your theory on non beliebers are so false to the extent that u r generalizing which is also false

My theories are true, and you guys are just too scared to admit it, calling someone talentless, when you play video games all day is an underestimate, calling someone gay and other homophobic remarks, when he's had more girlfriends than his haters will ever have is also an underestimate, making fun of someone's androgynous looks is just being judgmental...

It's time you haters grew up and got over the fact that Justin is here to stay, it should be about the music, not about the recent "soap opera" of bad behavior he's been having.

Last edited:

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • ...And the stupidity continues.

My theories are true, and you guys are just too scared to admit it, calling someone talentless, when you play video games all day is an underestimate, calling someone gay and other homophobic remarks, when he's had more girlfriends than his haters have is also an underestimate, making fun of someone's androgynous looks is just being judgmental...

It's time you haters grew up and got over the fact that Justin is here to stay, it should be about the music, not about the recent "soap opera" of bad behavior he's been having.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superiority_complex

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • No but you keep bashing and defending Justin Bieber because we don't like him, not everyone on the world will like him and that's the true fact. People will get either loved or hated and that's not something you can change about the world.

Just like you don't like anime, but us, we don't start saying you're wrong, idiotic and stupid for not liking anime. If you don't like it then alright, that's your opinion. Just like some of us don't like Justin Bieber. And that's something you gotta get through your skull.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • Oh my god, this is so annoying I just have to talk about this completely overrated piece of crap. Twitch Plays Pokémon is overrated! I don't normally put bold words on my posts, but when I do, it makes me want to do a Hitler rant about how this even got so popular in the first place. All the players are dumb when it comes to controlling one single person. Why would they even release their Pokemon?!!! Or dumber yet, WHAT THE ♥♥♥♥ IS WITH THE HELIX FOSSIL? They act like it is their god or something! Using it in battle is also a stupid idea! We couldn't stop this from going viral around here, and it makes my childhood ruined just because of the stupid memes Pokememes has put up, I may never go on it again for a while. Opinions on this topic are allowed, but please don't bash me about how popular this is on the internet. I'm surprised myself that I even typed this with more than 100 words.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Things I like that are overrated (I can't hate everything that's popular):
    My Little Pony - I like the show itself, but the fandom scares me at times, which is why I am barely active in the fandom anymore, though most bronies are tame in comparison to other fandoms I have encountered. I still fail to understand why this is popular though...

Things I used to like that are overrated:
    Sonic the Hedgehog - I used to be into Sonic a lot, but the fandom got on my nerves.
    Spongebob - Why is this show still running?
    Generation 1 of Pokemon - Genwunners and whiny fanboys have killed my appreciation for the first generation of Pokemon, not to mention I feel like it hasn't aged well. A good nostalgia trip, yes, but the Genwunners just kill it for me.

Things I hate that are overrated:
    90% of First-Person Shooters - Enough said, the only one I like is Team Fortress 2
    Dubstep - It sounds more like power tools than music to me, and I fail to see the
    "Gangsta" Rap - Almost everyone in my college dorm listens to it, and I hear it almost everywhere anymore, it makes me feel tense.
    South Park - I find it more annoying than funny.

Things I am neutral to that are overrated:
    Justin Beiber - I never found his music good or bad, but I fail to understand the hatrid for him, even before he was arrested.
    Most anime series - I am not really a fan of anime, I'm more into western animation.
    LGBT rights - No comment

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
  • Brave. I'm an animated movie buff, so I saw all of the best animated film nominees last year (that's when Brave came out, right?). I thought all of them were better than Brave. Specifically, I thought Wreck-it Ralph was the best of the movies, and thought it would win the Oscar. But, whaddyaknow, Brave took it home. Grrr... I didn't really like Brave...

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
  • Nutella. People literally worship the substance. It has a really weird aftertaste actually, plus it doesn't really taste that great.
    I'd say Frozen, because the fan base (which I'm beginning to think is 90% of the population) is really annoying in general. I've never seen this much hype over any movie ever. But I can't say anything, since I haven't seen the movie.

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • Things I am neutral to that are overrated:
    Justin Beiber - I never found his music good or bad, but I fail to understand the hatrid for him, even before he was arrested.
    Most anime series - I am not really a fan of anime, I'm more into western animation.
    LGBT rights - No comment

1. The hatred was out of pure jealousy, and the haters were too afraid to admit it, I do feel sorry for them, how they need to hate on someone (for no real reason) just to fit in, that is just plain sad, maybe if they went and had a go at it, like Justin did, then they wouldn't be so full of hatred.

2. I agree, I can't understand anime (not that it is in Japanese, I just cant get it).

3. I don't care much for gay marriage, if it is legalized, then we get over it and move on, if it isn't then the couple can either move to a country that has it legalized or live happily unmarried.

What I find overrated is:

1. Frozen (Another Disney movie, ugh)
    2. Sochi 2014...
    3. Justin Bieber's arrest, why must this make headline news and something like a kid dying when trying to save his family doesn't?
    4. Doctor Who, not the show itself, it's fanbase, CANNOT STAND WHOVIANS, they're arrogant and selfish, may I remind them that Doctor Who aired the day after JFK died and what they did last year was very selfish, One Direction were going to have 1D Day and they tried boycotting it claiming that November 23, was Whovian's Day, not Directioner's.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Aside from Bieber himself, I also can't stand his fanbase, Beliebers.
    When Selene Gomez went out with that thing, his fans threatened to kill her. During a concert, people got trampled and when someone started the #Cut4Bieber, a crap ton of them started cutting themselves for Bieber to stop smoking weed and he did completely nothing about it.

I seriously doubt most of their intellect.

Back