• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overrated.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
  • "Droolies" Real mature, kid...

You're the one being immature. Immature, as is most of Bieber's fanbase.

But anyway, this whole thing reminds me of Michael Jackson's court case, except MJ had actual charisma. Bieber's just a baby-faced talentless hack engineered by the music industry to appeal to prepubescent girls. He pretty much symbolizes what's wrong with the music industry today.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • You're the one being immature. Immature, as is most of Bieber's fanbase.

But anyway, this whole thing reminds me of Michael Jackson's court case, except MJ had actual charisma. Bieber's just a baby-faced talentless hack engineered by the music industry to appeal to prepubescent girls. He pretty much symbolizes what's wrong with the music industry today.
    Ohh, the jealousy is strong... Talentless? You're the one hating behind a computer screen, you're the one who is jealous of him for what he has done.

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
    Years
  • My Little Pony, Adventure Time. I've never found AT to actually be funny, I mean it's okay but it's nothing to spam my news feed with. I don't think I even have to explain MLP to anyone.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • So did hating on Justin and One Direction, seriously, if you don't like them much, don't b*tch and moan about them 24/7.
    Hating on talented artists out of pure jealousy or jumping on the bandwagon?

lmao.

Justin Bieber talented? You have to be kidding me. His voice sounds like a high-pitched cat with a human larynx. One Direction sound like 10 year old kids on drugs, and don't get me started on their ridiculous hair styles.
    But what makes them horrible is the things they do. I mean, Bieber thinks The Beatles are "a crap band", hates anime for no reason, is rude to his fans and thinks he can rap.
    One Direction, on the other hand, auto-tune their voices because THEY CAN'T SING AT ALL. Their songs sound the same.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • One Piece. I just don't understand the appeal. It's okay, but I know people who are literally in love with it. I can watch like, one or two episodes and be entertained, but it doesn't hold my interest nearly long enough for 500+ episodes.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Ohh, the jealousy is strong... Talentless? You're the one hating behind a computer screen, you're the one who is jealous of him for what he has done.

Okay, so because I hate his "music" I'm jealous of him?

How is he anything but talentless? He lip-syncs, doesn't write his own songs, and wouldn't have gone anywhere if he wasn't rich and didn't look attractive to prepubescent girls. Plus, he considers the Beatles a "crap band". That alone proves that he knows nothing about music.

And "hating behind a computer screen"? I openly dislike his "music" in real life as well. Just like the majority of mature people.

Try listening to real music, not radio-friendly pop fluff.

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • Okay, so because I hate his "music" I'm jealous of him?

How is he anything but talentless? He lip-syncs, doesn't write his own songs, and wouldn't have gone anywhere if he wasn't rich and didn't look attractive to prepubescent girls. Plus, he considers the Beatles a "crap band". That alone proves that he knows nothing about music.

And "hating behind a computer screen"? I openly dislike his "music" in real life as well. Just like the majority of mature people.

Try listening to real music, not radio-friendly pop fluff.

Justin hates anime for no reason? I HATE ANIME TOO (except for Pokemon Origins), Just like you hate him and 1D for no reason... Wow, you are judging people for the voices they were given by God? How sick is that?!
    How do you define "real music", kid? One Direction and Justin are NOT EDM...

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Justin hates anime for no reason? I HATE ANIME TOO (except for Pokemon Origins), Just like you hate him and 1D for no reason... Wow, you are judging people for the voices they were given by God? How sick is that?!
    How do you define "real music", kid? One Direction and Justin are NOT EDM...

No reason for disliking Justin Bieber? I can give many.

-He's homophobic.

-His music is terrible.

-He's a douchebag, calling one of his fans a "fat whale", urinating in a bucket in front of people, egging an expensive house and causing property damage, spitting on fans, and other such acts.

-He thinks he can get away with anything (Such as vandalism).

-He can't give reasons for hating the Beatles, anime, etc.

-He thinks he's the best singer in the world.

I'm not judging him for his voice. Lots of singers in bands I like don't have the best voices, but at least they work with what they have and they don't try to cover it up with autotune and lipsyncing. I don't dislike his music for his music, I dislike his music because it's mostly insipid, poorly-written love songs.

And please, stop calling me "kid". Not only is it extremely impolite and degrading, but you have no idea how old I am.

Last edited:

Outlier

You're the one being immature. Immature, as is most of Bieber's fanbase.

I hope that you were only comparing the reactions of their hysterical fans and not the seriousness of what they were accused of/charged with doing.

Bieber may be a hack but he's nowhere near as bad as that child molester Michael Jackson was. Assuming the allegations were true which is pretty hard not to considering all the shady **** he got caught and admitted to doing with kids. Having them over for sleepovers ect. Some people actually make excuses for his alleged pedophilia and it makes me lose faith in humanity.

Mark Wahlberg is another example of a celebrity scumbag who people seem to turn a blind eye to when it comes to the horrible **** he's done. The guy assaulted two Vietnamese men and blinded one of them with a stick and shouted racial slurs to him. He also got in trouble for throwing rocks at black school children while they were out on a field trip, and again he was also yelling racial slurs at them which is the only reason I bring up the fact they were black. He's never attempted to apologize or financially compensate the man that he blinded either, not that it would rectify what he did but at least it would show some genuine effort on his part.

There are greater evils in our pop culture world than the beebs. Perhaps parents should teach their kids not to become such annoying little sycophants and worship someone because they were in a movie they liked or just because they listen to their music. It's not cute it's scary, especially when they don't grow out of it. I seriously hate celebrity worship. Most of them are vacuous *******s.

^ For the record most of this rant wasn't directed at you Atomic Pirate, more at our culture in general.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    Guys, talking about him makes him more known. That stupid kid shouldn't even be famous, it's tainting my generation.

I think The Hunger Games Film Franchise is overrated. None of the main characters fit the description, save for Rue and Cato. Jennifer Lawrence really shouldn't be Katniss. Josh Hutcherson, while he's awesome and all that, he isn't cut to be Peeta. I'm still waiting for the manga to come out.

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • No reason for disliking Justin Bieber? I can give many.

-He's homophobic.
    No-one cares... he is a Christian, he is allowed to have his beliefs.

-His music is terrible.
    Can you not? That's actually offensive, to me, his fans and him.

-He's a douchebag, calling one of his fans a "fat whale", urinating in a bucket in front of people, egging an expensive house and causing property damage, spitting on fans, and other such acts.
    Um, as I have told you before, He DID NOT call a fan a "beached whale" and he did NOT spit on fans.
    The girl was paid to lie, she said so on Twitter!
    The picture of the crying girls is old, you fool! I saw that pic BEFORE he spat off of the balcony into the bush!
    The alleged egging incident, the video I mean audio sounds off, his voice sounds out of sync.
    Saying his music is terrible, which is NOT true is offensive and has turned him into a douchebag! And you're the douchebag here, to be honest.

-He thinks he can get away with anything (Such as vandalism).
    So can everybody else, you think you can get away with cyber-bullying! (That can drive people to the brink of suicide.)

-He can't give reasons for hating the Beatles, anime, etc.
    Oh, you like anime? How does that feel to have him say he hates anime? Does that offend you? Like it offends me to the point of being hurt over your hateful comments?

-He thinks he's the best singer in the world.
    No he doesn't... Lorde does.

I'm not judging him for his voice. Lots of singers in bands I like don't have the best voices, but at least they work with what they have and they don't try to cover it up with autotune and lipsyncing. I don't dislike his music for his music, I dislike his music because it's mostly insipid, poorly-written love songs.

And please, stop calling me "kid". Not only is it extremely impolite and degrading, but you have no idea how old I am.
    Why? You are acting like one, well, how old are you? It's impolite and degrading for Justin when you call his music "terrible" which it clearly isn't...

Grow up and get over it, he is a very nice person, but, the media and haters portray him as a bad person, yes, he has messed up in the past, so has everyone. Just cut your obsession with him and stop acting like a man-child (Which his adult haters are, anyway).

I hope that you were only comparing the reactions of their hysterical fans and not the seriousness of what they were accused of/charged with doing.

Bieber may be a hack but he's nowhere near as bad as that child molester Michael Jackson was. Assuming the allegations were true which is pretty hard not to considering all the shady **** he got caught and admitted to doing with kids. Having them over for sleepovers ect. Some people actually make excuses for his alleged pedophilia and it makes me lose faith in humanity.
    I agree, though it hasn't been proven, NOTHING is more worse than ruining a child's life!

Mark Wahlberg is another example of a celebrity scumbag who people seem to turn a blind eye to when it comes to the horrible **** he's done. The guy assaulted two Vietnamese men and blinded one of them with a stick and shouted racial slurs to him. He also got in trouble for throwing rocks at black school children while they were out on a field trip, and again he was also yelling racial slurs at them which is the only reason I bring up the fact they were black. He's never attempted to apologize or financially compensate the man that he blinded either, not that it would rectify what he did but at least it would show some genuine effort on his part.
    I agree, he is jealous of One Direction and wants to punch them, because his daughters idolize them instead of their father, now that's just egotistical and plain butthurt! And people say Justin is bad?

There are greater evils in our pop culture world than the beebs. Perhaps parents should teach their kids not to become such annoying little sycophants and worship someone because they were in a movie they liked or just because they listen to their music. It's not cute it's scary, especially when they don't grow out of it. I seriously hate celebrity worship. Most of them are vacuous *******s.
    I don't "worship" Justin or One Direction, I idolize them and I put God before them... But, hate towards a celebrity is much worse!

^ For the record most of this rant wasn't directed at you Atomic Pirate, more at our culture in general.[/QUOTE]

Guys, talking about him makes him more known. That stupid kid shouldn't even be famous, it's tainting my generation.
    Not really, it's hating him which is tainting society.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
    I read the manga, thought it was alright, thought Kyuubey was interesting (didn't care much for anyone else TBH), but I wouldn't give it as much praise as I see it getting. :p I feel like it tried too hard to be different (the whole, "oh, this anime looks cute! *two episodes later* THIS ISN'T CUTE AT ALL OMG I'M CRYING SOOOO MUCH I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS AT ALL" thing) and the characters weren't as interesting as they could have been. *shrug*

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
    Years
  • This arugment is overrated.
    And frankly hilarious.
    However, I have one problem, @sideshow bob.
    Someone said Justin Beiber is homophobic, you replied,
    "Hes christian, he has the right to believe."
    Okay, so anyone who IS NOT christian doesnt have the right to believe? Hm, that seems wrong. And also, he is talented. He can play a few instruments, by the laws of the world, he is unfortunately talented in instrumentals, however, he lacks in creative thought and vocals. He has an unbelievably poor voice, and his song lyrics are used over and over again, and just arent good. So overall, he can play and instrument and look pretty. Thats about it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Saying his music is terrible, which is NOT true is offensive and has turned him into a douchebag! And you're the douchebag here, to be honest.

So you're saying people aren't allowed to think his music isn't good? Not everyone is going to like Justin Bieber or his music. It may not be their taste of music. Not everyone likes pop music. Some people only like rock or some only like hip-hop or maybe country or jazz. We all have different taste and interests. We all don't have to enjoy Justin Bieber's music. You can't force everyone to like what you like or think the music you like is good, but yet when people here tell you they don't like him , you act all childish and have to make up silly excuses as to why they're wrong. I'm sorry to say this, but we're all entitled to our own opinion. Someone may not find Justin Bieber's music interesting or just think he's not a good human and some may love him and defend his every move. That's how life goes. Someone your age should seriously accept that as a mature adult.

Okay I'm now done with this thread.All this arguing is almost as bad as the "justin bieber cuffed" thread.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • No-one cares... he is a Christian, he is allowed to have his beliefs..

Okay I just wanna end this by saying this. He's allowed to be homophobic because he's allowed to have his belief? Well we're allowed to have our own beliefs to say that we don't like him as a person or as a musician. We gave our reasoning into why we don't like him and you're judging us by giving our point of you. Do we force you to love a certain person? No, so don't force other people into loving someone that they have every reason to hate. Because what you're doing is just making a flame war into this thread while this thread was supposed to be aimed towards overrated opinions and it is now becoming a Beliebers Vs. Haters thread more than anything.
    So let's just all stop this before an admin ends up locking this and other members won't have a chance to post their opinions, alright? Although, imo that would be a good thing to do.

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • Okay I just wanna end this by saying this. He's allowed to be homophobic because he's allowed to have his belief? Well we're allowed to have our own beliefs to say that we don't like him as a person or as a musician. We gave our reasoning into why we don't like him and you're judging us by giving our point of you. Do we force you to love a certain person? No, so don't force other people into loving someone that they have every reason to hate. Because what you're doing is just making a flame war into this thread while this thread was supposed to be aimed towards overrated opinions and it is now becoming a Beliebers Vs. Haters thread more than anything.
    So let's just all stop this before an admin ends up locking this and other members won't have a chance to post their opinions, alright? Although, imo that would be a good thing to do.

He's NOT homophobic, but, even if he was, I wouldn't care...
    And, what is wrong with going by what one thinks the Bible says?

Last edited:
    Back