• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pairs.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    not a very creative title. shush okay. ;;

The PC FAQ said:
    The action of pairing is often when two forum members, usually good friends, get together. This can either be in a romantic way (as in, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc.) or as a platonic way to show friendship. People often write who they're paired with in their signatures. To pair, PM or contact the person whom you would like to pair with and if you mutually agree on it.

What I was going to explain would of been that basically. Anyway;

Do you have a pair?, If so, who are they?, If not, why not?

Is your pairing based on friendship or a loving relationship?

Do you think you will meet your pair one day?

Have you already met your pair? If you have, what was it like?

Add your own things too. :)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Pairing to me is when you're in a relationship with someone. I think forum pairs are reaaaaaally dumb and beyond annoying. I'm so glad they aren't as mainstream as they used to be. I do not have a pair. I do not think I will meet my pair here, though, but I am open to the idea of someone from here ending up being the person I'm in a relationship with.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I really don't get the concept of pairing. Or PC families. Or anything that involves a categorisation of friends. I do get that it makes some people happy, and I don't want to deny people their happiness (even if I don't particularly understand it...) But it's just a weird concept to me personally.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Luke!

We're very close friends. I've had a pair that I was in a relationship with, but the rest of them have been best friends or close friends. Of course, I don't take pairs seriously. After all, I've had more pairs than Zsa Zsa Gabor has had husbands, after all.

Probably not. We live on two different continents and even though I'll be visiting America next year, it's highly unlikely that we will meet. I'm more like to meet Ausaudriel than Luke, lol.

I've never understood PC families. I guess they're the same as pairs, but why do you need a whole internet family? I just don't get it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I have two. :) Klippy and Hiidoran!

They're both my best friends! The story with my current pairing is that I was close to Klippy and wanted to pair with him, but he was paired with Hiidoran already. I asked them both if I could jump in the pairing and luckily got a yes. I'm more than happy with the way it turned out though. I don't think me and Larry bear would be as close as we are now had we not had dat Klippy konnection. I love them both very much.

I'd love to! I'd really like to go to Klippy's state anyway since it's just so different from Alabama. As for my other pair, hopefully he can make a pit stop in Alabama next time he goes to Florida. Larry, if you're reading this...PLEASE? :3c But yeah, I think we will someday. Maybe not all together at the same time, but still.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't have a pair as of now because I don't have anyone who agreed to be in a mutual relationship with me.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    >Do you have a pair?, If so, who are they?, If not, why not?
    Currently, nope. I'm just not looking for one, I guess. The only pair I ever had on PC was Corvidae, and I miss her a lot.

>Is your pairing based on friendship or a loving relationship?
    Love over the internet? Hard to imagine, for me at least. So yeah, some kind of web friendship for the one and only pair I had on PC. Though we're the opposite sex, that doesn't matter at all here. We had a lot of fun and we showed our artwork to each other, and stuff. Great times.

>Do you think you will meet your pair one day?
    No, not really. It would be really great if it did happen but I'm not anticipating for it or anything.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My pair is literally my rl boyfriend that joined PC on a whim one day and then didn't come back, lol. A little while after he stopped logging on I told him that I was going to make him pair with me and he was like ".....alright?" so now we're paired, lol.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    >Do you have a pair?, If so, who are they?, If not, why not?
    My pair is literally my rl boyfriend that joined PC on a whim one day and then didn't come back, lol. A little while after he stopped logging on I told him that I was going to make him pair with me and he was like ".....alright?" so now we're paired, lol.
    This except I made him join so I could pair with him lol.

>Is your pairing based on friendship or a loving relationship?
    Relationship~

>Do you think you will meet your pair one day?
    Yes we've met and we visit when we can since the plane costs like $500-$600 for roundtrip and he's in school soo~ we save and visit when the time is good like summers and holidays :3

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Do you have a pair?, If so, who are they?
    Yes, I do. It's Team Fail.

Friendship.

Nah, probably not.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years

Sewaddle! Paired up I think a couple of months ago.

Well, I never thought it would be a loving relationship, but...honestly, sometimes, well, let's just say, sometimes I feel it's just too bad she didn't have the ability to read minds~

I sure hope so! Well, I think she doesn't live THAT far; not as far as a 3 hour plane trip at least!

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Do you have a pair? If so, who are they?
    Yes I do have a pair, I'm paired to Went.

Serious relationship, we were together before we got paired on PC. Most of my pairs in the past have been just based on friendships. I was paired in a threesome with 2 of my best friends before.

Of course I will definately meet my pair, and I hope sooner than expected. I'm planning to go see him next year if things go as planned. People find it weird or difficult to fathom a long distance relationship, but I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years now and it hasn't been really difficult to deal with. My friends and family are okay with the fact I am in a long distance relationship and they are very supportive of my decision. We do talk online using a microphone and use webcam a lot, so basically we have met, but not just officially, like face to face in real life. I love my boyfriend more than anything else and I hope to spend the rest of my life with him.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Yes I currently have a pair. YouMadBro?

Perhaps good friends, we've paired togather a few days after we met. We talked allot. And yeah.. I miss her.

I dont know, we live kinda close, but in two different countries. Who knows. Maybe not.

No.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Yes of course~ It's in my signature there plain as day.

Oh this time it's love. And it was just as unpredictable as anything. We've been talking regularly on MSN for ages. We're still kind of a new-ish couple so things are still growing but...even he was taken aback by how much he's fallen for me. :3

I know I've been through the relationship wringer a few times but...I've never actually had it feel this way before. So I think there's a good shot of it lasting a while~ :3

I hope so. In time perhaps...but no discussion of it yet.

N/A

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I've been through two pairings as of late. My current pairing is quilzel (formerly Buoysel), we've been paired for almost 7 months now. :D

It's a friendship pairing...but since we have soooooooo much in common, I begin to figure that we could be long lost twins or something. xD

Hmm, the distance between San Diego and his hometown...that's roughly a 25 hour car ride I think. ROAD TRIP ANYONE?

Nope....not yet. Hopefully soon, though! We could chase tornadoes and stuff. :D

Ayselipera

I've never been paired, it's probably the same feeling as NEVER BEING LOVED which is desolate and horrible and you wish death on everyone else who has it. With all that said I've never asked anyone to be my pair and no one has ever asked me so I've never known the feeling of eternal friendship or everlasting love.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    As far as I'm concerned, I'll never be in a virtual love relationship with anybody, either in PC or twitter or whatever. I can never imagine "going out" with someone who I've never met face to face nor will I ever be able to.

Only way I'll ever get paired up with someone in this forum is if some other member here is "secretly" one of my friends or, god forbid... my gf.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I just got a Pair, Neosquid. He just asked me to be pairs. I said yes. I thought it might be fun to pair up with him.
    Our pairing is a friendship. We're really good friends on several forums.
    I dont know. Maybe, maybe not.
    Nope never met him.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    When I actually devote a lot of thought to the idea of having a pair/PC family, I think it's kinda pointless. But would I consider making Vrai not my brother? Never.

Back