• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

If you're not technologically literate, then wouldn't that really apply to just about any Windows OS, if I'm correct? I don't see it as being that difficult to hover your mouse over the corner and go to settings -> power > Shutdown. Sure, there's an extra step than in windows 7, but is that really something to complain about?

Haha, I just don't see this as a big deal, but at the same time, I can see how the drastic change can be cumbersome for a good amount of people, I suppose.

Change is a bigger issue for some and while I am not a huge fan of change, when I upgrade to Windows 8 I don't think it will be too big of an issue for me. I also agree with Megan, I neither love it nor hate it.

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
    Years
    I love it mostly for the fast boot time, everything else I'm pretty indifferent about. I prefer Mac OS X for everything, so I really only use this for gaming - boot, go into desktop, start game, play, exit game, shut down - so maybe I'd find it more annoying if I used it for everything, haha.

Years
    If you're not technologically literate, then wouldn't that really apply to just about any Windows OS, if I'm correct? I don't see it as being that difficult to hover your mouse over the corner and go to settings -> power > Shutdown. Sure, there's an extra step than in windows 7, but is that really something to complain about?

Haha, I just don't see this as a big deal, but at the same time, I can see how the drastic change can be cumbersome for a good amount of people, I suppose.

She keeps saying she can't see the options come up and she really struggles with just about everything with Windows 8. For some people, especially for those who are technologically challenged, remembering the corners and hovering over them is an unnecessarily difficult task. Maybe for me extra step is not something that's big to complain about, but why make things more complicated in the first place? And don't even get me started on the Start button, though we have no clue what 8.1 has in store for us.

Reason why I keep Windows 8, though, is improvement on general efficiency. However, it's difficult to appreciate Windows 8 If you're not so tech-savvy, like many of the population, and that's my viewpoint because I'm trying to speak for them.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I use Windows 8 at work, and while I like the almost-instant boot times and the general snappiness of it, I hate how everything is hidden without any easy way to access it beyond the search box. Menus are practically nonexistent, the start menu is useless, and settings are scattered haphazardly everywhere.

Windows 7 was nearly perfect, and I plan on using it at home as long as I can.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
    I love it mostly for the fast boot time, everything else I'm pretty indifferent about. I prefer Mac OS X for everything, so I really only use this for gaming - boot, go into desktop, start game, play, exit game, shut down - so maybe I'd find it more annoying if I used it for everything, haha.

I use Windows 8 at work, and while I like the almost-instant boot times and the general snappiness of it, I hate how everything is hidden without any easy way to access it beyond the search box. Menus are practically nonexistent, the start menu is useless, and settings are scattered haphazardly everywhere.

Windows 7 was nearly perfect, and I plan on using it at home as long as I can.

Any OS will boot fast if it's on a SSD, I personally still use Win7 because it's so much easier to customize. Windows 8 was a great idea for mobile devices, and works wonderfully on tablets and phones. Windows7 is far better for actual PCs.

The old windows OS rule of good OS's every other iteration still stands.
    Spoiler:

Anyway, whats up DCC? It's certainly been a while, in-fact last time I posted was in the previous thread I think.
    As some users know; My absence is due to the fact that i'm in the process of writing a novel, and have been for around 3 months now.

Yes I'm still being a tight-arse when it comes to giving out details. No additional news since the last time.

Oh go on then, maybe a little teaser...
    Spoiler:

Also, I had a meeting with a publishing house and got a bunch of feedback, and assurance that they are interested in publishing for me which is pretty incredible.

Go me, getting stuff done and things.

Years
    Oh my gosh, all this tech talk in the DCC has made me so happy today x)

@Somniac You're writing a novel? That sounds really cool!

Sirfetch’d

I was just thinking when I clicked on this thread that "I bet Zach is enjoying this topic". I actually thought for a second that this was the T&I DCC, haha.

Also that is wonderful about the novel!! =D

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Welcome back Somniac. Been a while since I last saw you around. Good luck on your novel! I always wanted to write a book.

Sirfetch’d

I wish that I had the patience and imagination to write a book because it seems like it would be a fun thing to do, but I have neither of those things.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    I got imagination, plenty of it, so much I'm impressed by myself but I lack the patience and motivation.

Sirfetch’d

I've personally never had much of an imagination. Like, I can tell stories in my head that go on for a while, but they are just so bland and don't have enough interesting events happen that would make for a book.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years

I was just thinking when I clicked on this thread that "I bet Zach is enjoying this topic". I actually thought for a second that this was the T&I DCC, haha.

Also that is wonderful about the novel!! =D

Thanks guys <3. It means a lot even if you don't realize it!

Welcome back Somniac. Been a while since I last saw you around. Good luck on your novel! I always wanted to write a book.

Hey! yeah it's been a while, I've been super busy as always. How're things?

I wish that I had the patience and imagination to write a book because it seems like it would be a fun thing to do, but I have neither of those things.

Patience is something which I would have said I don't have, in that I get really frustrated when i don't make a progress for a while. Overall this is good as it helps give me the drive to stop procrastinating.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    I'm just like you jellicentfan1. Well, fantasy imagination at least. I'm very creative when it comes to experiments, machines or inventions.

And congratulations on your novel Somniac!

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Damn girl, you're writing a novel?
    Can I ask what it's about? I seriously do love a good book, and writting one is quite commendable! You have my full support!
    With my luck, watch it be a book about satanism.

I've written some stuff before, but almost always hate how it turns out and end up deleting/burning it. . .

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    You know, one of the things that will haunt you in life is your past internet activity, either on Facebook or other websites.

Am I right, anyone?

Years
    Haha, that's true. I don't know if it's too early or too late to implement an exit strategy from the internet. Sooner or later though, for the sake of employment will it happen.

Years
    You know, one of the things that will haunt you in life is your past internet activity, either on Facebook or other websites.

Am I right, anyone?
    I guess one could say that :p but I do agree that future jobs could very well haunt you based on your internet history and what you've done, because I have heard of cases where people have lost their jobs due to stuff they've posted onto Facebook :/

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
    Years
    I guess one could say that :p but I do agree that future jobs could very well haunt you based on your internet history and what you've done, because I have heard of cases where people have lost their jobs due to stuff they've posted onto Facebook :/

Master the art of a double identity on the internet. Looking at one of my "work" pages, you'd have a pretty hard time connecting me to a site like this. Not easy, but worth it. :P

TY

That is just ridiculous... I dont have Facebook at all (maybe i have, but i abandoned it forever) so im safe for that

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back