• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • I can type acronyms out when I'm energetic or just wanted to feel professional (lol), but like, when I'm lazy i just go "u better giv me the answr 2 numbr 3 bc i need it lol oh btw u look gr9 2day bby" (that's just an example jsyk)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Wow... I'm just your regular, everyday grammar nazi. Although, I don't spend the time to correct people's grammar, then it just comes off as rude. Unless I'm reviewing someone's fic, then it's kind of necessary.

Oh! There's a word that I use all the time! "Fic", short for fiction. Well... it's a start.

TY

Wow... I'm just your regular, everyday grammar nazi. Although, I don't spend the time to correct people's grammar, then it just comes off as rude. Unless I'm reviewing someone's fic, then it's kind of necessary.

Oh! There's a word that I use all the time! "Fic", short for fiction. Well... it's a start.

i know who to avoid then whenever i make one xD

Im not correcting someone's grammar at all, since im not good at it myself. I make typo's almost everyday and it kinda became a bad habit for me

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Im not correcting someone's grammar at all, since im not good at it myself. I make typo's almost everyday and it kinda became a bad habit for me
    I don't know... I've always kind of grasped grammar and whenever someone tells me a new rule, I try to stick with it. Although, I hate commas. I've gotten better, but I'm never exactly sure where they go. Those, and semi-colons. Seriously, when do you use them?

i know who to avoid then whenever i make one xD
    I'll be sure to tear it to shreds. >:D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not that great at grammar, either, but I always try to spell to the best of my ability so that I'd have an easier time to get my point across. :)

Commas are used to give the reader a chance to take a breath, I believe. I'm not too sure about semi-colons, though. I've never used it, and I've never even bothered to look it up online. Haha.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Wow, dead since 3 in the morning. Poor DCC. It feel so love deprived. :( *pats it*

I am fairly well at grammar. I won't brag about it, but people tell me that my grammar is pretty good, especially when I'm writing stories. Still, I don't think it's THAT great because I feel like it could be better, you know? As for spelling, I actually excelled in spelling for as long as I could remember. I passed all my elementary school spelling tests, including getting the bonus words. XD

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I can honestly and humbly say that my language skills are good. I have always been a language-orientated person, thus making my command of English, grammar and spelling-wise, somewhat better than average imo. This also opens me up to learning new languages such as Japanese, which I am currently in the process of learning. Sometimes, my inner Grammar Nazi rises in me and urges me to correct people's grammar, which I constantly tell myself not to do so unless people actually ask me for help.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I fail at grammar once in a while, but that doesn't mean I'm not that good at it. It's just that I'm a derp. :P It's just hard being fluent in two languages ya know? :P Spelling, however, my skills have been university-superior since 8th grade and I am proud of that. :)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I can honestly and humbly say that my language skills are good. I have always been a language-orientated person, thus making my command of English, grammar and spelling-wise, somewhat better than average imo. This also opens me up to learning new languages such as Japanese, which I am currently in the process of learning. Sometimes, my inner Grammar Nazi rises in me and urges me to correct people's grammar, which I constantly tell myself not to do so unless people actually ask me for help.

My langauge skills are actually good, but I lack verbal and emotional expression. This makes explaining things that deal with verbal or emotional response difficult for me. Like, an example, I can't go upto someone and explain to them that I'm sad and why I feel sad... yet I'm perfectly capable of expressing my needs and anything else. That's why written expression is my strongest suit. It helps me express myself without having to choke on my words or have my brain shut down on me.

I wanted to learn Japanese, but they didn't have it at my school. I'm not really much of a grammar nazi either. I just don't feel it's important as long as the person who talks to me does their best to get their message across. It's not something I get upset over if the person makes grammar mistakes.

Synerjee

Years
  • I too am best communicating through black and white. I fully understand that feeling you get of no one being able to disturb your flow of thoughts or interrupt you mid-sentence, which I really dislike. I'm alright with spoken communication, but if given the choice, I'd rather write/type down what I need to say. Sometimes I tend to trip on my words or stutter when I'm trying to get something across. I'm trying to improve on this though as I want to be able to speak up more and rely less on written words.

They don't have Japanese in my school either, so I'm self-learning it. You can do it too if you have the passion for it c:

I don't get upset over grammatical errors as well, but I guess it's just my personality that wants to help taking over unconsciously. :P

Years
  • Grammar is great. It's the blueprint of communication. Without grammar we would all be babbling apes grunting nonsense at each other, cut off from one another, unable to communicate ideas. Art would just be a curiosity. Science wouldn't exist. Grammar is a beautiful thing.

And maybe we should recreate that Japanese learning thread from a while back.

Synerjee

Years
  • Indeed. (Y)

And why not? That would certainly be of great assistance to those currently learning and interested in learning this beautiful language. <3

Years
  • I wouldnt have the devotion to learn a new language probably :L

Thought I would really love to learn Japanese, that way I can play that Japanese copy of Silver that I have xD (nah jk)

TY

Well if anyone wants to learn the beautiful language that is Dutch, hehe xD

Im always open to learn new languages, i learned some German, English and Italian

Sirfetch’d

I know English and a little bit of Spanish, but that is all. I'd love to learn French one day as well as Japanese.

Years
  • I did German at school for five years, so I'm still pretty good in that regard. It's a relatively easy language to learn, actually.
    And like pretty much every video game fan ever, I wouldn't mind learning Japanese, but that's a tough language to learn...

Sirfetch’d

I've always heard that Japanese and French are both VERY difficult to learn which is one reason that I have put off doing so.

TY

French was quite easy in my first 2 years of high school, but then it got cancelled since there werent many people picking it.

Dutch seems to be pretty hard aswell to learn with all the grammar rules, even i have trouble and i am Dutch O_O

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I seem to not have the patience to learn Japanese. It's one of those languages that I really want to grasp, but can't. xD

Oh and I'd be willing to help out with Spanish if anyone wants to. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back