• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

Spanish was such a fun language to learn in high school. Even though I have forgotten the majority of what I learned, that class was a blast. We did so many cool interactive projects help us learn and I wish I could just go back to high school and have that class once more!

Years
    As helpful of a thread that seems to be, I don't think i would use it to be able to learn a new language, to be honest..

I seem to do better with learning things as they're being written out instead of being pre-arranged or pre-written.. and I learn better with images as well.

Sirfetch’d

I agree about the images. I am such a visual learner and I don't think I'd be able to learn a new language as easy without pictures.

Years
    I would need a certified instructor to teach me a new language xD not that I'm calling PC members here bad instructors of a foreign language, but I just prefer being taught a new language by someone who is completely thorough in the language and I need audible examples and gradual note-taking instructors instead of writing out the notes then teaching.

Years
    There was a point in time where I could analyze Spanish sentences and understand what they meant, but I've pretty much lost that ability by not being in a Spanish class in nearly 2 years now. :/

But in those instances, I always used a translator online to confirm that what I had interpreted was correct.

Sirfetch’d

I hate online translators with a passion, haha. They really did not help me at all and actually made mistakes so often.

Years
    Usually what I do with online translators is I paste the sentence into the "translate into English" box to make sure it's correct, haha.. but I know that sometimes it's just plain wrong and won't work.

But at least when I was in Spanish II where we were using more advanced vocabulary, I didn't use a translator at all.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I do not find online translators accurate, especially google translate lol. If I want someone to translate something for me, I can just ask. Someone who knows the language naturally or learned it for years.

Years
    Mein Name ist BlahISuck! Was heissen sie? :3

We're not allowed to use translation software because that would be plagarism D:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Mi nombre es Megan y .....erm...no entiendo bis...es Aleman? (hover)

The use of translation software is prohibited in language classes here. You get punished by the dean here and other severe consenquences. They take cheating like it's srs bsns.

TY

It was such a horror when you had to decide when you use 'ss' or the 'german s' in the word...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Unfortunately, I'm not very good at Spanish. Even though my parents are from Mexico, they've never really spoken in Spanish in front of me or my sister, so we never got the chance to actually learn how to speak this language. In high school, I barely used to get a sixty-five on my Spanish tests and quizzes. xD

I don't use online translators at all. They're inaccurate more than half of the time.

Sirfetch’d

I was able to write and read Spanish pretty well. Our teacher did a lot of interactive activities which made it much easier and actually fun to learn. That said, I couldn't speak it at all =[

Years
    ß

Looks so much like a B, to be honest, but I do know that it's equal to "ss" for German. German would be a cool language for me to learn, especially considering that a lot of my ancestors are German.

Years
    Pretty good actually. I might've finally gotten my career and interests on track. Also going to the gym = treating my eyes out to a candy store.

I'll be studying Mexico over the course of the school year, and hopefully collab in a paper good enough to publish :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back