• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC pet peeves

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    This hasn't happened in a while thankfully, but I really hate when people copy my themes. I'll finish using a theme, change it, and someone will change to the one I had before with just a few little changes. Like...it's obvious, lol. Of course, everyone's free to use what they want, but really? Be original. I never wanted to be a ~!*trendsetter*!~

can i just say that you took the words out of my mouth because it absolutely annoys the hell out of me when people do that. especially with usertitles. I may be using the one I have right now but the chance of someone else using that same title? 99.9% chance.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    People Who Capitalize Every Single Word They Type, Like This.
    How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

My pet peeve is probably when people ask questions that have already been answered. For instance, when someone just asked the same question just seconds ago, or when they just read the answer to their questions but ask anyway.

See I don't mind if it's been maybe a week or two and didn't notice but it's GRATING when people do that in literally hours of the question being answered.

Years
    This hasn't happened in a while thankfully, but I really hate when people copy my themes. I'll finish using a theme, change it, and someone will change to the one I had before with just a few little changes. Like...it's obvious, lol. Of course, everyone's free to use what they want, but really? Be original. I never wanted to be a ~!*trendsetter*!~

I actually think you are onto something here. I don't recall anyone explicitly trying to copy me, but it's always cool to be original, and I think it's always cool to show off your interests through avatars/sigs. Although ironically when I used an avatar similar to another member's a few years ago, a smod (one who's now retired, but he was quite strict) punished me for it, which really was odd.

I'm one who tends to go a little bit more far-out with my avatar/sig themes, which sometimes leads to me having stuff you wouldn't expect, let alone for a girl, such as that one theme I did based on Inception (the ones I had of The Black Keys and Foster The People a few months back could probably count as well) a while back, but I do have a tendency to throw some curveballs.

Also, when someone uses text in posts that is hard to read, like bright colors on light skins. I also tend to be OCD with profiles as well, as I try to always color-coordinate so that no particular username colors are blinding me. I've seen a few profiles (not naming names obviously) which had some username colors (particularly mods, smods and some supporter tiers) extremely hard to read and I ended up having to highlight it just to see whose name it was. It also sorta explains why I don't change my profile designs a lot.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    well sometimes outstanding members happen to become modded and then they are famous because they are great members and not because they happened to become staff :( but I digress!

Pet peeve on PC is people who don't bother to match their signatures and avatars, haha. It's a silly thing to be annoyed with since it doesn't mean that much really. But I like when things are neat 8)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Pet peeve on PC is people who don't bother to match their signatures and avatars, haha. It's a silly thing to be annoyed with since it doesn't mean that much really. But I like when things are neat 8)

I'M SORRY RIKA I'LL COME UP WITH BETTER IDEAS IN THE FUTURE I PROMISE

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'M SORRY RIKA I'LL COME UP WITH BETTER IDEAS IN THE FUTURE I PROMISE
    NONO IT'S OKAY I mean when there's tons of lines of text and links and random banners and stuff, not when there's text that actually has something to do with the avatar :D Text siggies are the best.<3

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Sorry I tohyt anoying pets HAHA! What is temes? One Forums???

PC pet peeves

Anyway...

One thing, lately, that's bugged me is a lack of participation! I'm not seeing all my usual peeps active lately and it's a bummer! I guess the semester is winding down so people are finishing midterms/finals and papers, but I hope PC picks up in December a bit more. :D

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Well I don't like it when people go off-topic in a thread when there's already another one designed for what they're talking about. I'm guilty of this as well though. ;v;

I also don't like it when a person's post is difficult to understand or interpret. I can make sense of most posts regardless of grammar/spelling but there are some I just can't get my head around and will go all 'what did he/she just say am i supposed to understand etc.' ;__;

Also when everyone, their families, their dogs, their cats and anyone else relevant gang up on someone's idea and tell them that it sucks for the same reason. Not necessary. I'm sure someone else mentioned this peeve before but I'm fine with people doing this as long as they're polite/bring up a different reason other than 'oh you shouldn't implement this because 'x reason like poster y said'. Basically the +1 peeve that another person also mentioned. At least add something new rather than what's already been said?

When people take a joke seriously. If it's genuinely hard to tell that's it a joke then okay maybe I get it but still. :(

hmm I guess that's all that bothers me. I don't think there's anything else that hasn't already been mentioned a couple of thousand times though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Witty posts that amount to personal jabs getting a lot of likes.
    Signature size rules regarding vertical dimensions (too big).
    Postcount no longer being visible by default in the postbit.
    Custom fonts and colours in posts.
    Using real names to refer to people on-site.
    Name changes in general. Sure, they should be allowed, but only anually at most if you ask me.
    Pre-2011 staff posts.

Oh, this too:
    - Shaming bandwagoning. This is especially seen in CQ&F when someone posts an unpopular opinion or when someone has a complaint about staff, where everyone will join in to point out why the person is wrong. And I know part of this problem comes from people writing their posts at the same time, but it's still often seen that replies keep coming in. I know it's a problem that's been addressed though, so I don't think it happens as frequently anymore.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    "I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic ****ing hatreds, okay?" -George Carlin

You guys are lucky nothing here bothers me that much.

:p In all seriousness, and in relation to the above, PC is too much of a tight-ass. It needs to loosen up and have some fun.

Back