• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC pet peeves

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One thing that gets to me, usually--this applies to both real life and online--is when we find ourselves trying to put down something said or done by others (when there is little to no visible faults), due to us primarily having ill-feelings toward them, in a way. I'm sort of like this at times and understand how tough it could be to control for some, but I believe things would generally have been more enjoyable in our eyes if we were able to put some additional effort in, haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    long ass posts in threads like this

I'm totally not gonna read multiple paragraphs about someone's PC pet peeve or what they like to eat

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    and in response to the above im gonna say i don't like it when people discourage others from sharing in a place that's meant to revolve around communication and discussion (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・ but to each their own whatevs

Nah you're fine. But thank you a lot ! I kind of understand with you cause you have a daily blog post and I can't control when you post. I was mostly talking about when it's a random blog and isn't something like your blog where you post daily or have a theme or a regular posting time , but it's like the random "I bought a frog today!!" type things.
    yo i would totally be down with a blog about someone's new frog if there were pics

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    and in response to the above im gonna say i don't like it when people discourage others from sharing in a place that's meant to revolve around communication and discussion (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・ but to each their own whatevs

Uh the point of this thread is to say what you don't like to see. Idk how Gold is discouraging others any more than Alfieri is discouraging people from expressing themselves with fonts and colors or Syd is discouraging people from changing their names, you know?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Uh the point of this thread is to say what you don't like to see. Idk how Gold is discouraging others any more than Alfieri is discouraging people from expressing themselves with fonts and colors or Syd is discouraging people from changing their names, you know?
    well i mean when people see that others have strong feelings against certain things like that, they do often take it to heart or at least think on it and there is a high probability of people being discouraged from doing any of the mentioned things. while i'm certainly one to express my opinions on matters in the same manner, one thing i really don't like is when people get put down for talking too much, especially when you can just skip that **** if you don't care? i've had enough experience with people starting to refuse to talk about themselves or their passions or being hella self-conscious about expressing themselves because other people have told them to basically shut up because they don't care.

so i think i've quite got the point of this thread, thanks, and i've just told y'all what i hate to see.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    well i mean when people see that others have strong feelings against certain things like that, they do often take it to heart or at least think on it and there is a high probability of people being discouraged from doing any of the mentioned things. while i'm certainly one to express my opinions on matters in the same manner, one thing i really don't like is when people get put down for talking too much, especially when you can just skip that **** if you don't care? i've had enough experience with people starting to refuse to talk about themselves or their passions or being hella self-conscious about expressing themselves because other people have told them to basically shut up because they don't care.

so i think i've quite got the point of this thread, thanks, and i've just told y'all what i hate to see.

I guess I just found "expressing a pet peeve that I don't agree with in a thread specifically asking for pet peeves" a weird pet peeve so I didn't see it that way. Instead I saw it as a response, partially because you said "in response", lol.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I guess I just found "expressing a pet peeve that I don't agree with in a thread specifically asking for pet peeves" a weird pet peeve so I didn't see it that way. Instead I saw it as a response, partially because you said "in response", lol.
    okay maybe "in relation" would have been more clear but i do think i was fairly clear about people discouraging communication being a peeve if not a true annoyance

Years
    My pet peeve is probably when people ask questions that have already been answered. For instance, when someone just asked the same question just seconds ago, or when they just read the answer to their questions but ask anyway.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    When people take postcount way too seriously. It's super cool to be proud of the fact that you've contributed so much to a site you love, but when you base it on popularity and friendship-choices it can get pretty juvenile and therefore, to me, annoying.

Hail the almighty 10,000+ posting goddess, we are worms compared to you

PC pet peeves

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    My pet peeves are... not many, to be honest.

I don't like it when some people write all their posts in bright colors. I can be cool with purple or brown, but not pink or turquoise, that just hurts my eyes.
    I don't like it when people change their usernames to something completely different, because I tend to quickly lose track of who is who.

I also remember the time when the whole "Oops, Pokébank will be released when it's released" debacle happened, I became quickly annoyed by a mod (I don't remember who it was) who was white-knighting Nintendo like no tomorrow.

And finally, inverting the subject of the topic, I remember once being a source of annoyance myself in one particular thread :) . Hint: it's about something that was released today.

- No acknowledgements of actual gaming news like #GamerGate and Sony's finiancial failures at the Video Game forum as if PC is completely isolated to the rest of the other websites
    You could always, ya know, start up those topics yourself if it seems no one else will.

I wanted to start a topic about #GamerGate weeks ago, but since people who raise this topic tend to get immediately banned pretty much everywhere else, I didn't feel like it :) .

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've been back long enough now that I think I do have some slight peeves after all. One is, as some others have also pointed out, when people format otherwise normal posts with fonts that are not meant for body text or colors which make reading near impossible (I use a light theme, so for me, yellow/turquoise/bright green/etc.). Another is when people don't seem to have actually read the opening post in a thread before replying.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    This hasn't happened in a while thankfully, but I really hate when people copy my themes. I'll finish using a theme, change it, and someone will change to the one I had before with just a few little changes. Like...it's obvious, lol. Of course, everyone's free to use what they want, but really? Be original. I never wanted to be a ~!*trendsetter*!~

Back