• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

People wear socks indoors?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • I'll only wear socks if I've been outside and had to wear shoes. I don't go out of my way to wear them indoors, but I have poor circulation, apparently, so my feet get cold easily.

I always take my shoes off as I'm entering someone's house. I don't want to track any dirt inside, and it's something my parents taught me to do, so it's habit by now.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • over the summer I can't wear socks inside or else my feet start to sweat. ): otherwise when it's cold out I do wear them indoors or else they get super cold. I never take my shoes off when I go to someone's house unless they're particularly dirty or they ask me to.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I take my socks off when I go to sleep, but only put them on again when I go away the next day. When I come home I take my shoes off, but I leave my socks on. So it switches around a lot for me.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    At other people's house, I ask permission to remove my shoes. I think wearing shoes is disrespectful inside, but bare feet is worse!

The real question is why are Americans always depicted as wearing outdoor shoes inside? Take those off; you're dirtying the entire house! :pink_no:

^ Same, depending on the person. If the house looks well-kept, then I ask to take off my shoes. If the house looks more like, "I might step in unidentified liquids," I'm keeping my shoes on and you can't stop me.
    Like, I know my sister's house is clean so I take off my shoes. But my bestie's house? Eugh. Forget it. I'm 100% convinced they do not own a vacuum.

That's why I wear sneakers wandering around my own home, fwiw. I take them off at the top of the stairs, because my room and my bathroom are clean, but there's no way in hell I'm walking through my parents' part of the home without proper coverage for my feets. Trouble is, unlike the case with my friend, I know that my parents have a vacuum.. maybe they just forgot where they left it. Or how to turn it on. Or something. :pink_confused:

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • ^ Same, depending on the person. If the house looks well-kept, then I ask to take off my shoes. If the house looks more like, "I might step in unidentified liquids," I'm keeping my shoes on and you can't stop me.
    Like, I know my sister's house is clean so I take off my shoes. But my bestie's house? Eugh. Forget it. I'm 100% convinced they do not own a vacuum.

That's why I wear sneakers wandering around my own home, fwiw. I take them off at the top of the stairs, because my room and my bathroom are clean, but there's no way in hell I'm walking through my parents' part of the home without proper coverage for my feets. Trouble is, unlike the case with my friend, I know that my parents have a vacuum.. maybe they just forgot where they left it. Or how to turn it on. Or something. :pink_confused:

If that's the case for me, then I'll stand in the doorway / foyer and not take my shoes off anyway :pink_tongue: Nails can go through foot and shoes, y'know! Would be some scary stuff. My dad stepped on a nail once. Went right through his toe! :pink_disbelief:

Years
  • In my new place, everything in the house is tile except for the bedroom, and seeing as we're still in the colder months, I wear my socks all the time. Even if I wake up in the middle of the night and need the bathroom, I put my socks back on, since I'm such a wimp when my feet get cold and I'm half asleep :P

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • My feet are permacold so damn if I need socks. Socks and slippers. All year long. It is a problem, it sucks so bad.

Lucid

I never wear socks unless I have on sneakers, and I'm barefoot like 70% of my life.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    30 posts about being barefoot at home. The beauty of pokecommunity.

I hate being barefoot so I only take my socks off while indoors while I'm asleep or having a bath.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The sight of human feet, including my own, grosses me out. I'm always wearing socks, and usually wear shoes indoors.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i usually only wear socks indoors when cold air has designated my house as the perfect location for mayhem.

if it's not socks, i'll wear these silly cat slippers i have. either way my feet don't go cold despite winter's best efforts. :B

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • in the winter I find that sleeping with socks on HELPS ME SLEEP

I'm not sure if I should be burned alive for this or if this is okay... please accept me for the sock wearing snoozer I am. :( (wearing socks indoors is a given. sometimes I keep my shoes on! gasp.)

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Ill wear them if I've gone out and cbf taking hem off when I get home.
    If my feet get too hot or they're too tight then I'll take them off. I don't put socks on just coz I can

Years
  • I only wear socks indoors if I'm too lazy to take them off. I never put them on just because my feet are cold.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Wait... do Americans really go in with their shoes on? You don't take them off? And you even wear flip flops indoors? o_o

Over here we take our shoes off every time we're at home, or visitting even. The thought of not being barefeet indoors is so weird haha.

We never wear socks when it is cold as well. I mean, as cold as Indonesia gets, a blanket is more than enough for a good night's sleep. The only times when I wear my socks indoors is either when I'm about to leave home... or when I come back and end up being too lazy to take them off haha.

Years
  • Whole lot of barefoot people here on the PC forums--who knew? I think this tends to be common in warmer countries, perhaps. Here in Ireland, nobody goes barefoot, as far as I'm aware. The climate is too cold and clammy, most of the time. Socks are a given--and shoes, too, most of the time.

Years
  • Socks were cool to play with not to wear.
    No, like, seriously. . I played with socks as if they were toys. How embarrassing would it have been if kids knew I played with socks at the age of 12? :'(

Yeah, I don't like to wear them unless I leave the house.

Back