• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Please, please tell me who you are!

Which gender did you choose?

• Total voters
    Years
    I haven't made a thread here in a while, so I'm doing one that's simple.

Please, please tell me who you are!
    Please, please tell me who you are!

Are you a boy? Or are you a girl?

It's simple, which gender did you choose in your game and what did you name yourself?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I was a boy on my first run and named Black. Because I wanted to be a boy and Black seemed like a decent name.

The second run, I was going to be a girl. But then I got to that bit and decided I couldn't play as that girl because I would feel like a tramp lmao. I just... couldn't haha. So I made myself a boy named Morgan.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I picked the guy and named myself Omer. Yes, I'm super-creative like that.

I don't think I've done anything besides that with any Pokemon game, mainly since any attempt at getting creative with the character names will cause me to sit and wonder for a good five minutes about what I could possibly name myself before giving up and going with 'Omer' anyway. XD

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    In my most recent game I chose the girl, as usual and named her White. I decided I wouldn't play as "myself" this time.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
    Girl, I always choose the girl. No exceptions.

I just pick names I like for them, like in White I named her Eliza.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm a boy, so when I play, I prefer not to have breasts.

That came out wrong...

Cyclone

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I usually just pick whichever gender's design I like best, which is usually a boy, since imo the girl's designs are always lacking. The first time I played Black I chose a girl and and I never usually name her my name, but this time I did. I usually just pick random names that I like. On White I picked a boy.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    "Hi, I'm Mike! It's awfully nice to meet you. Also, I'm a boy... not just a girl with a penchant for male names. I like my name, as it's kinda simple and generic enough to be easily rememberable by the guy that plays me in Black version. That's all I have to say now..."

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2013
    In pokemon white first I choose the boy and named me Ethan, then the girl and named me White. In pokemon black I picked the boy and named me Ethan again.

Years
    I chose to play as a boy and named him Hilbert. Typically, I try my best to use default names so it matches the storyline.

Years
    I chose to play as a boy because, well, I am one. And I named myself Brendan because, well, that's my name.

I figure that I shouldn't complicate things too much, or my head might explode. Either that, or maybe I'm just not that creative.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I chose a boy and named him Zupplu. Bet you can guess how creative I am.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    A girl. n______n Name I went by was "Forever", which matched my username at the time on here really well! Actually, on all three play-throughs. :3

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Boy named, at first, "Riley", and then "Moft" for my Nuzlocke run. n__n

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I always play as the male character. As for my character's name, it's a contraction of my full name: Jay.

Back