• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Pokémon Direct for Pokémon Day

Years
  • would be exciting if it's actually going to be Gen 8. don't want to get my hopes too high yet, but I'm still super excited!!

Sirfetch’d

definitely think the 3 pokeballs mean the 3 starters being revealed

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • definitely think the 3 pokeballs mean the 3 starters being revealed

It might be so. Hmm, why do I feel the déjà vu on the Direct's date? Must be Pokémon Sun/Moon announcements years back... Anyway, I hope they would give some tidbits on new Pokémon games on the Switch, along with some spin-offs if they wanted to.

Years
  • the biggest thing I'm hopeful about is that this may possibly lead to monthly news cycles as it did for SM prior to its release. the dry period must be super boring for those who weren't all that big into USUM and LGPE.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Hopefully they'll hint at the region as well. Interesting to see where would Game Freak pick this time.

Years
  • The time is about right for a new generation reveal. The three Pokéballs are a notable sign. I'm cautiously optimistic.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Logos, region name, starters, and maybe a picture of the map of the region, is my prediction.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I'm really hoping this is finally Generation 8. Gen 7, while a neat concept, did not do anything for me to get my spirits back up for Pokemon in the same vein that say Generation 5 and 6 did. But if it's a remake, I wouldn't complain either. Just please... something interesting.

Years
    • Age 24
    • U.S.
    • Seen Sep 15, 2023
    As much as I'd love to see Gen 8, my hopes aren't very high. Chances are, they're just going to announce something on the lines of new content for the Let's Go games.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    As much as I'd love to see Gen 8, my hopes aren't very high. Chances are, they're just going to announce something on the lines of new content for the Let's Go games.

Why would they just release another game for LG when they just did it a while ago? They've been planning the 2019 games for years now and always made sure to let fans know a core game is coming to the switch. For all we know LGPE are finished products. They've had updates but that's about it.

What I'm trying to say is that they wouldn't NOT use Pokemon day for nothing. I think it's clear we're getting a new gen.

Last edited:

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
    Years
  • As much as I feel like we're due for an old gen remake, I feel like if they're gonna announce new core games, that it's going to be a new gen because they'll want to put out the mindset of a new era on the switch

Also if they announce B&W remakes (which is prob the least likely scenario since B&W2 already exist) I'll probably cry on the spot in joy

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The three pokeballs are definitely making me think we're getting starter reveals. (along with a title drop and some random clips of the player running around. Also they'll probably show battles with old gen pokemon battling each other)

I don't expect us to just get a title drop, when Sun and Moon received a title drop we didn't officially know the gen even existed....that's not true in this case, so I think a title drop would be even more underwhelming than the previous title drop.

I'm expecting about 4-5 minutes of a "history of Pokemon" type video and then 2-3 minutes that zips through some gameplay footage and a reveal for the starters (similar to what we got for X & Y)

We MIGHT get a reveal for the mascot legends too, it's not that strange since we got both the starters and box legends for X & Y. I think Xerneas and Yveltal were shown off pretty quickly back then, probably about 15-20 seconds between them.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Even though I'd consider LGPE more like proof of concept games rather than ones in the mainline series, I just don't see them going to another remake as their next big title.

While I usually don't throw all my eggs in one basket, I think it's a pretty safe bet that we'll get a small tease of the new Gen 8 games, and we might even get a tentative date of Holiday 2019 (which is pretty much just code for the 3rd Friday of November, which would be the 15th this year). I'm not going to get too excited as there's a long way to go until then and a lot of stuff we still won't know for a long time, but it'll be nice to have our first bit of news since the Meltan reveal back in September.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I feel as if I'm gonna be asleep when this comes out but whatev. I'm really hoping that it's gonna be gen8, instead of gen4 remakes. I may be the biggest gen4 fan on this site, but the remakes can wait until maybe next year or later, especially considering LGPE are kinda like gen1 remakes. Releaseing 2 remakes in a row seems really weird. Overall, here's hoping it would be good.

Back