• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2022
    I really love this hack.
    I'm using arcanine in my team, which I just evolved from growlithe at level 29. I expected it to learn crunch at 28, but it learnt flame burst (like that too).
    I really want to teach arcanine crunch. Is there any way?
    Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I really love this hack.
    I'm using arcanine in my team, which I just evolved from growlithe at level 29. I expected it to learn crunch at 28, but it learnt flame burst (like that too).
    I really want to teach arcanine crunch. Is there any way?
    Thank you.

Try breeding your Arcanine with a Houndour that knows crunch if the option to do so becomes available in the next update.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I think we can safely say it's dead, it hasn't been updated in over a year.

Don't spread misinformation if you have no idea...

Making a quality hack takes time (yes, more than a year) and real life often comes in the way. That there hasn't been a release in the last year is very normal and is in no way 'evidence' that it has been cancelled.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I believe i have finished playing. i got back to cinnabar island where bill , blaine, and fuji havd this hack very much. I would change a few things if it were me. but overall you exceeded expectations overall. Im not sure after all these years how you feel about this little project but rest assured mid 2019 there are people downloading and enjoying the intriguing nostalgic story youve crafted. A final version of this game to me in all honesty has a ton of value. Not only for the creative, yet crisp and close to cannon story but as a patch to the current pokemon gaming world. The miss pacman if you catch my drift. Ive always though as a kid how funny it would be to play as a rocket until i had this dynamo rocket typical lineup. Overall thank you for this and keep up the good work.

I encountered 2 glitches during the game. once while getting crushed by bill in silph. as i lose all my pokemon one by one by his dragonair if i remember correctly, my last lvl 14 pidgey whos sole purpose is to drag me around the world, suddenly goes missing no. on me as hes thrown out the pokeball. i have used him in a moderate amount of battle before so even using fly. tho i avoided doing it to certain pokemon as the notes advised. but mostly never used him again. hope the description helps.

the second glitch is when i went into the fuschia fishermans back yard. over and over it would just freeze right there. i could however hit the L and R buttons while frozen there which i found peculiar. at this point i had just spoken to koga, couldnt get inside safari. talked to warden. ran around with no clue what to do, and thats when i thought i had to get passed the fisherman thing to advance in game. i eventually found a way into safari and completed that. i turned is surf to koga. then i thought id try again. it worked and i completed vermillion fisherman quest.

a few side notes. it was extremely difficult to figure out to walk behind the warden to knock out teeth. if you could stupid proof that a little bit for future players i think that would be good. However I really enjoyed that part the most. i love how throughout the game your essentially ahead of red manipulating the circumstances of the protagonists journey.

with that in mind i loved remember where the gold teeth were found by red in the original. I really thought the junky was too much. i thought the underground tunnel hookers were a little funny, and drug smuggling for surge, eh ok its steroids. but the junkie ruined a fun moment and took something away. Keep it classy bro.

something i think might add some zen is to occationally change the dialouge after missions. i kept running back to celadon or saffron and everyones kinda still doing the same thing they were before. even though it felt like forever.

Please take it only as constructive critism. I value your talents and hope my opinions assist you.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    A few things i particular liked...

How clean and crisp the game has been. no out of control battles. You didnt go crazy changing every npcs dialogue. the gameplay wasnt all over the place. Though i got confused maybe only a couple times the story and travel was fairly linear and executed more or less properly. i liked remembering where id be at in the game before red got there and realizing what it is i was suppose to do. locking up the scientists was brilliant and crisp in the design. you kept it simple and i actually felt like i was another person in the origional game living my life while red did his adventure.

Having to choose which pokemon to steal. I feel like similar to the real game you could use this as an insentive option for the game early on for getting through it easier. Kind of like the mankey near viridean for brock or the dugtrio for surge in the origional games.
    I liked running into the hitmochan and hitmonlee couple too. Your game is very clean in respects to this so far and i cant wait to see the final version. would pay for a well done complete version.

Honestly, I liked having my own little buddy pal'n around with me throughout the game. I would like to see more of Ronnie. Itd be cool to actually help him rise up a little. and even battle with him. like lance and gold in gen 2.

anyway, Thanks again for this delight , god bless ya xD

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • So I recently decided to do another playhrough, and I found a bug with Substitute. It was against Mr. Psychic's Mr. Mime, iirc. it used Substitute and I switched to another Pokémon. Mr. Mime could not damage me because apparently a Substitute applied to me too, and as soon as I destroyed the foe's Substitute things went back to normal. I don't remember if it was reported already, but here 'tis anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2019
    When is the next beta? I just finished the beta and i had looooots of fun... so I'm kinda wondering when the next beta is gonna be realeased

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2019
    Love the game I just want to know one thing...

How do I evolve Kadabra into Alakazam? Do I just need to grind?

Years
    • Seen today
    Agent R:
    Yes most trade evo's evolve by level up. If you don't count Poliwhirl to Politoed.... that isn't in the game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2019
    Agent R:
    Yes most trade evo's evolve by level up. If you don't count Poliwhirl to Politoed.... that isn't in the game.

Thank you, and since I don't want to restart are there more then one moon stones in the game? I already got the one where we battle Red

Back