• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen today
    @Just Politoed
    The distortion is not a bug, but having a black screen and not being able to continue sounds like one?

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    @Just Politoed
    The distortion is not a bug, but having a black screen and not being able to continue sounds like one?

Did you try pressing A or other buttons / reload a savestate and try again?

Edit: Apparently if you lose to Missingno. and exit the PokeCenter you get a black screen, was this by any chance what happened?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    @Just Politoed
    It did not happen to me personally. I was just saying that what was reported by @Ryujin Storm sounded like an actual bug and should probably not happen while playing.

Don't know if you're involved with the hack or not, but I would bring this info to the creator to have a chance of fixing it and not dismiss it as being ''not a bug''.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    @Just Politoed
    Don't know if you're involved with the hack or not, but I would bring this info to the creator to have a chance of fixing it and not dismiss it as being ''not a bug''.

Yes, a bug-reports channel exists in the Discord server for a reason

Years
    • Seen today
    @Just Politoed
    Very good, but unrelated to this. Since the bug is reported in this thread on Pokecommunity.

I'm just saying you shouldn't discourage people taking the time to actually report bugs. Those people are valuable to a ROM Hacker. Whether they report a bug in a Discord channel or on an official thread on Pokecommunity seems irrelevant as long as they try to get the message to the creator in any way.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2022
    Made an account just to say that I love this game. It was incredibly fun/nostalgic/satisfying finding all the little details- immense joy every easter egg and call back to the OG story. The writing had a fun tone and was consistent throughout. Loads of great ideas, and game design choices made, extremely creative overall and well-executed. Loved being a Rocket. Congrats and thank you to @Colonelsalt and team

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2020
    This was by far , one of the best, if not THE BEST , rom hack I've ever played. I've been waiting for the final version since the project first started. I loved the fact that you can play as a team rocket member and rise up the ranks. I've played at least 3 times the betas since I kept losing the save files hehe. This was so worth the wait, the final update has been so exciting , I've had a lot of goosebumps throughout the whole game. Mind you, I usually never use this account to write anything but you've done it. I saw the work that was put into this game and this whole story was insane! If there's a sequel : P, I can't wait !

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Is there a guide for the side quests?

And why is Ronnie so dumb?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2020
    Hey, I tried downloading the game today and followed the method to patch the rom from the video in the main post but it doesn't work on VBA (rom loads, but just shows a plain white screen) and outright crashes NO$GBA. Did I do something wrong in the process?

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2022
    super happy to see this finally got completed! noticed a small bug here in mt moon, happens after the moon stone event when you go back up the stairs. :) Nothing big, just seems like an invisible person is here ^^
    Spoiler:

if this is already a known bug, sorry for re-reporting it! Side note, after leaving and coming back it's totally normal.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Hey, I tried downloading the game today and followed the method to patch the rom from the video in the main post but it doesn't work on VBA (rom loads, but just shows a plain white screen) and outright crashes NO$GBA. Did I do something wrong in the process?

You most likely patched it into a FireRed v1.1 ROM. Try looking for a 1636 FireRed Squirrels ROM

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2020
    Alright so…tardy to the party…need to know how to Get into the Safari Zone…I'm already Rocket Boss…is it too late? Fuschia Gym Leader sent me on a mission to stop the guy from giving away surf…

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Alright so…tardy to the party…need to know how to Get into the Safari Zone…I'm already Rocket Boss…is it too late? Fuschia Gym Leader sent me on a mission to stop the guy from giving away surf…

Talk to the Warden from behind.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2020
    Amazing ROM hack! Is the post game complete? Where does it end?

Also, just curious, are you planning to make a sequel based on gold/silver?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Amazing ROM hack! Is the post game complete? Where does it end?

Also, just curious, are you planning to make a sequel based on gold/silver?

There's not really any postgame,n beyond completing any sidequests you didn't complete in the main game, and getting the bird trio and mewtwo

Back