• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2020
    i made a whole account just to say this was hands-down the best rom hack please do a part 2 i'll pay !

Sky the Shiny Vulpix

Top Percentage of Ratattas
    Years
  • I recently just played through this rom hack myself. Oh my gosh, it's the best Pokemon Game and Rom hack I've ever played! Just when I thought I had the story figured out, there would be a twist and everything was turned on its head. It was brilliant. The music for the new areas like Oak's hidden lab was amazing and the theme that played during the final boss battle with Oak was bloody brilliant. I did not want this game to end because it was just that freaking fantastic. I would love a part 2 of this or if I could figure out how to make a rom hack myself, I'd add a part two. Thank you so much for making this. I'm considering playing though it again, it's THAT GOOD. 😇

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2020
    Hello there. I made an account just to write this post.

I'm a long time Pokemon on GB/C/A fan. I probably played each (official) Pokemon game at least a hundret times to completion (mostly Red, Blue, Yellow, Crystal, FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald). I also played a lot of the major and minor rom hacks, so I'm quite confident in my judgement about this hack.

I must applaud your work. Never have I seen such a well made rom hack on all fronts that's not just an enhance edition.
    Excellent dialogue script (admitedly there are a few child unfriendly things said that don't quite fit into the "speak" of these games). But otherwise no gameplay disturbing linguistic errors or inconsistencies. Fluid, immersive and quite fitting style of dialogue that is on par with the style and flow with the dialogue style of the original releases.
    Excellent story
    Spoiler:
    The attention to detail and staying true to the original game's sequence and story dialogue makes this game feel like a peek at the backstage of the 1st gen games setting. The way everything is so maticulously planed out, makes this game a perfect fit to the original game in the form of its darker older sibling.
    Excellent technical execution. Haven't encountered a single bug. All non-standard mechanics are implemented very consistently.

This hack is truly a labour of love. There's quite a number of things that are carried out in this game so perfectly that will impress anyone who played the 1st gen games.
    Things that are related to the story so I will hide them:
    Spoiler:

A part I didn't quite like because how it was integrated was:
    Spoiler:

It's also a shame that the hack runs very sluggishly on my PocketGo (it's a handheld emulator for retro consoles), but that's not the authors fault, probably a hardware limitation of the console itself. But I do wonder how this game would perform on a real GBA.

This rom hack deserves a permanent spot in the rom hack hall of fame for sure, and I would recommend it to everyone. Especially to the people that didn't play the older generation games I would suggest, finish a playthrough of FireRed or LeafGreen, then fire up this bad boy, you will be amazed by the level of detail and how well it coincides with the original game. Brilliant!

Also a tip: don't name yourself after any game characters. I didn't know what to expect from the game because I didn't look up any details about it. So I named myself "Red", like I usually do in these games and it made the dialogues a bit confusing in the long run.

I can just wish that the authors will some day make a game in the same spirit as a companion game to the 2nd generation games. It would be a truly amazing sequel!

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2020
    So, im using GBA4iOS11 and when i get to the story about who Shegeki is, it crashes. is there a fix for this or am i screwed?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2020
    I just finished playing beta v3 of this game, not realising the final version was released. Is there anyway which i could carry my save game onto the final version to avoid me having to play through the whole game again?

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2022
    I'm playing the full version of this game on my No$GBA and the game crashes every time mewtwo kills dragonite in the flashback. Is there anyway I can fix this because I really want to play and enjoy this game.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I'm playing the full version of this game on my No$GBA and the game crashes every time mewtwo kills dragonite in the flashback. Is there anyway I can fix this because I really want to play and enjoy this game.

This is a known bug and is specific to the No$GBA, try swtiching over to Visualboy advance?

Years
  • Made an account to comment!

I'm more of a casual rom player, that finds it a little difficult to get attached to a rom if there isn't a solid story line, and I was incredibly surprised! I personally found the story very well done, and the characterizations done incredibly well. (I didn't know that I would've gotten so attached to Giovanni lol) and the over all arc of the story line and side-quests felt really solid. Even the glitches that were present (Which was only the fly glitch for me.) it wasn't really game breaking or much of an annoyance, but I'm also the person who does constant saving!

To hear that you might potentially end up working more on the game to additional features, the post game content exiting me the most, is incredibly exiting news! If it is what you decide to do, or even if it isn't, I can't wait to see what you do next!

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2021
    Hello.

I'm currently at a mid-late part of the game, and I wanted to say it is absolutely AMAZING. The level of detail, of imagination while always staying true to the original game story, all the little winks to the mangas and fan theories, sometimes taken further... The developer's sheer and utter love for the series oozes from each and every pixel.

Frankly, if you've ever played the Kanto adventure and enjoyed it even a tiny bit, play this and you'll have a (fire) blast.

I've also encountered two little bugs so far, so I'd like to point them out (they're story-related, hence the spoilers, and I'm playing on VBA):

Spoiler:

Again, congratulations on this glorious hack, which is by far the very best I've played.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2020
    I've been loving the game and would love to share it with friends, but I can't support the homophobic\transphobic\sexist language in the game. Is there any way this could be changed? I don't know how to take all the files on GitHub and make it into a working game, but the dialogue should be editable in some easy way? Maybe?

Let me know if there is any way the language could be changed so I could share it with more people!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've been loving the game and would love to share it with friends, but I can't support the homophobic\transphobic\sexist language in the game. Is there any way this could be changed? I don't know how to take all the files on GitHub and make it into a working game, but the dialogue should be editable in some easy way? Maybe?

Let me know if there is any way the language could be changed so I could share it with more people!

Dude. It's Team Rocket. They're not exactly the most accepting group of people. They're criminals. They talk however they like. Just don't play if it bothers you that much? Or simply ignore it. They are just words after all -.-

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I'm actually very disappointed by the end result of defeating red at that encounter. I just did it myself using cheats as well, because I already beat the game legit, and I'm not gonna sit there for hours grinding weak pokemon AGAIN. I expected this small section of the story to go like this:

Red: "...!"
    Red leaves in a blackout cutscene
    You get to pick up the fossil of your choice.
    Petrel shows up and congratulates you. Tells you to see the boss.
    Giovanni is impressed and awards you an early rank up to admin.

The rest of the game progresses as normal.

This would have made beating him after the hard grind if you actually wanted to do it legit kinda worth it, and it wouldn't break the game. Maybe [Redacted] could make a callback like "You may have bested Red once, but he has improved beyond your wildest expectations now." Before the final fight.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2021
    I'm actually very disappointed by the end result of defeating red at that encounter. I just did it myself using cheats as well, because I already beat the game legit, and I'm not gonna sit there for hours grinding weak pokemon AGAIN. I expected this small section of the story to go like this:

Red: "...!"
    Red leaves in a blackout cutscene
    You get to pick up the fossil of your choice.
    Petrel shows up and congratulates you. Tells you to see the boss.
    Giovanni is impressed and awards you an early rank up to admin.

The rest of the game progresses as normal.

This would have made beating him after the hard grind if you actually wanted to do it legit kinda worth it, and it wouldn't break the game. Maybe [Redacted] could make a callback like "You may have bested Red once, but he has improved beyond your wildest expectations now." Before the final fight.

I disagree. The whole point of that battle is that you're SUPPOSED to lose. That's why they have it that way - you're not supposed to be grinding, you're not supposed to cheat. If you play normally you would never be able to beat Red and that is what is what the game wants from you. It's supposed to be used to be the first example of how Red is
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I disagree. The whole point of that battle is that you're SUPPOSED to lose. That's why they have it that way - you're not supposed to be grinding, you're not supposed to cheat. If you play normally you would never be able to beat Red and that is what is what the game wants from you. It's supposed to be used to be the first example of how Red is
    Spoiler:

is just, that people really tried to defeat red, and they got no reward for beating him, and we know that
    Spoiler:

so we should be able to beat him besides, oak implied in the final fight that
    Spoiler:

so clearly as
    Spoiler:
    so why wouldn't
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    I just saw on the Discord server that all the channels have disappeared. What happened?

We gave poli a chance and he deleted the server channels. We found out he was toxic on several servers and this apparently got him mad. Didnt even demote him just found out. Careful to not allow poli to gain executive or anything on any server. Currently we sent a request to discord to hopefully roll the server back.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2024
    this game was ok most of the time, god i hate the ending, i thought it as gta pokemon, and you should did the same, a trail? semi canonic ending? i wish it was me vs oak in his secret garden, big smoke style, ruling kanto and then the world,the game is good, but the top cherry, any way, keep it up

Back