• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2021
    Found this about a week ago and I have been obsessed! I love it so much, and it is so well done! I seriously can't wait to see any new stuff that may be added later on to continue the adventure because I just want to play this non-stop.

I was wondering if anyone knew how the EV's worked in this game? Can you EV train at level 100, or do you need to be able to gain exp like in older gens? Is there any way to check your ev's, even if just a hint at where they stand? Any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone knows.

piyo99

#1 Simp for Ema Skye
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2021
    Marina disappeared after beating her gym. I've tried many saves and she just doesn't appear in Atsail Laboratory. I can't progress in the story without her. Is there a way to fix this?

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    Hi there everyone, my name is Allen and I just wanted to share with you a walkthrough I put together for Pokemon Gaia.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SJ62Z3fWMU-ckeTkwZQCUtgsViF7Z7CB/

There is one available at the Gaia Wiki site but I thought it wasn't detailed enough so I hope the one I made will help. If any of you either know someone who updates that site or if you do updates, you are free to use the walkthrough to add any missing information there. Let me know if there are any errors in or anything missing from the walkthrough. Cheers.

For my other walkthroughs you can find them here: https://archive.org/details/pokemon-rom-hack-walkthroughs

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I got Pokemon Yellow for Christmas when I was 10 and this was the best Pokemon experience since that.
    The story never declined in quality. The diversity in Pokemon is spot on. The level curve and pacing is beyond perfect. The writing is human, poignant and hilarious. I never met any bugs.... Ahhh what a game.

I've already posted my praise years ago in this thread for version 2.5, but I just finished 3.2 and Spherical Ice and the team you guys are the bossssss.

I love that final waterfall up Victory road. So epic.

In my last post the main thing I asked for was please make the Battle Marsh teams competitive and lol yeah you did that. It was an actual challenge and extremely enjoyable tweaking my team, learning common movesets and speed tiers... I just got my 101 win streak. Soooo satisfying!!!

I've got to post my team somewhere. I'm so proud of them.
    Spoiler my Battle Marsh rules, team and experience:
    Spoiler:

My requests for the final version are:
    A way to reset EVs and let us feed items to EV train all the way to 255. I'm 30 now and cba with the grind mechanics :D
    A way to train IVs, or maybe a way just to improve them a bit?
    Any and all competitive battle marsh events you can think of: 6v6, no Megas, no stat total over 520 etc etc I'll take them all: I love the challenge. I'd be really happy to contribute to these (have a programming background but never touched GBA)

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2021
    Hi! I'm not very technically minded and finding that I cant get this to work on the emulators I'm using. I use Desmume and visualboyadvanced. Was wondering if anyone can guide me through how to get it to work because this game looks super interesting and I would love to play it.
    Thanks! :)
    Edit: I'm using windows pc :)

Years
    Hi! I'm not very technically minded and finding that I cant get this to work on the emulators I'm using. I use Desmume and visualboyadvanced. Was wondering if anyone can guide me through how to get it to work because this game looks super interesting and I would love to play it.
    Thanks! :)
    Edit: I'm using windows pc :)

You need to patch it first onto a clean fire red rom, just look up gba rom patchig on youtube, they explain how it works

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2021
    Just finished this romhack and I loved it ! Excellent job from the developpers.
    I really recommend it to anyone.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2021
    Congratulations for everybody involved in this project. I downloaded this game last and just finished it. It is the second hack I played and I really liked it. The game has a fun and engaging story (much better than the disappointing sw/sh) and I had a blast playing it. Thank you guys for your effort. It shows!

OmegaHydreigon

Ultimate Bucket
    Years
    Ah, now THIS was an excellent game! I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. All the people who worked on Gaia have made something truly wonderful. I was never bored at any point during the entire game, including when I tried finding a decent Scyther in the bug-catching contest.

My only criticism of the entire game is that the sprites for the villain team are very obviously edited Team Plasma sprites, but honestly, I cannot hold this against anyone. This hack is still VERY beautiful, and I loved it all.

The credits suggested that I post my Hall of Fame team here, so here goes:

Roberu (Infernape)
    Adamant Nature
    - ThunderPunch
    - Rock Smash
    - Flare Blitz
    - Close Combat

Charlotte (Mismagius)
    Gentle Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Power Gem
    - Pain Split
    - Magic Shine

Ginger Ale (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
    Hasty Nature
    - Return
    - Drain Punch
    - High Jump Kick
    - Strength

Aoki (Scizor) @ Scizorite
    Jolly Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - Cut
    - Swords Dance
    - Wing Attack

Miso (Milotic) @ Leftovers
    Rash Nature
    - Recover
    - Attract
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam

Gurren (Excadrill) @ Amulet Coin
    Quirky Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Iron Head
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

Again, I had a VERY good time playing through Gaia. It's definitely one of my favorite fangames out there. The staff, everybody who worked on this, has done something absolutely wonderful. I thank you all for this good time. I wish all of them luck on any future endeavours.

Take care, and have fun!

OmegaHydreigon, out.

Back