• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
The addition of the Regal Stone is an amazing idea! And it looks exactly like a rich stone should. Do you plan to add any other new items to help with other means of evolution?
Otherwise, the hack looks great! The Nintendo-like mapping is impeccable and I really can't wait to get my hands on it! Great job so far!

Years
Maybe you could go back in time with celebi or dialga to see something of the past at one of the ruins,
And maybe you can give the unown a role in your game,because they're so mysterious and amazing :t201-t:
And I say it again, I can not wait to play the game

Years
Omg, that looks so good
I feel kinda bad for saying this, since I couldn't do a better job in a lifetime, but I think in the move MoonBlast you should remove the Psybeam effect
Thanks! I agree the beam looks a little awkward and I may revise the animation in the future but I think simply having only the moon appear would not really match the X/Y animation either so for now I'll keep it as it is.

I love the new move animations! Draco Meteor is perfect, and Moonblast looks wonderful for a spliced animation. Perhaps you could change the color the attacked Pokemon turns from pink to white or something closer to the moon, though?
Thanks! That's a valid point, I'll look into doing that if and when I revise the animation.

Hey, I cannot say but great job with this. This hack looks stunning and definitely deserves HOTM. I was offering that I could help in creating a wild PKMN location list if you are looking for someone to do that. I am also one that some may consider a "Grammar Nazi" so if you need help with grammar, I could help with that too. I would be willing to help in any way possible for the hack. [Though I am not sure how it all works, getting the whole hack onto one ROM and staying connected with one another and up to date.] Anyways, if you need any help, I will be happy to help in any way possible that I am capable of. Good luck with the Pokemon Gaia!
Thanks! I'd rather not restrict myself in the Pokémon I make available so I wouldn't see the use in a wild Pokémon creator, though I appreciate the offer. My grammar tends to be correct too and the errors that I do have tend to be picked up in testing anyway. Thanks again though!

I love that you created beautiful maps with most of the tileset being the FireRed Original. I've seen that before, but not that great. I like that you pay attention to every detail and want to make things complete. Do not give up!
Thanks!

I think a cool idea would be if you made it where you could pick up a poke ball contaning random pokemon like there just be laying around like item normally are accept u receive a pokom whn u pick it up..like maybe ghastly weedle just whatever random stuff you decided should go in it
I'd rather not do this as it would undermine the uniqueness of event Pokémon. There are also Hidden Grottoes which kind of serve this purpose already, too. I appreciate the suggestion though!

I noticed the addition of the AssVest and the Choice Specs. These items are what make me really excited. I'm also excited for the new move animations. This is looking good, mate, keep it up!
Thank you!

The addition of the Regal Stone is an amazing idea! And it looks exactly like a rich stone should. Do you plan to add any other new items to help with other means of evolution?
Otherwise, the hack looks great! The Nintendo-like mapping is impeccable and I really can't wait to get my hands on it! Great job so far!
Thanks! I do plan to try and get items like the Upgrade to function as evolution stones, as well as items for Gen. 4 evolutions like the Protector, for example.

Im waiting eternally for this hack!
Thanks!

Maybe you could go back in time with celebi or dialga to see something of the past at one of the ruins,
And maybe you can give the unown a role in your game,because they're so mysterious and amazing :t201-t:
And I say it again, I can not wait to play the game
That's an interesting idea, thanks!

This update only really focuses on things being revamped / recreated that I wasn't proud of.

First off, Aria has been completely redesigned to look far more like a Flying-type Trainer.

MDlaCGD.png
X01xrWk.png

Parts of Phoena Tunnel have also been remapped, and the events that take place have also been adjusted slightly to make more sense. For example, the Tangrowth tablet is in a more discrete cave, and the tunnel is more convenient to traverse, and also slightly less linear.

jeU5fC7.png
f3FAOHL.png
aW8V5G0.png

I've also diversified the wild Pokémon available in Phoena Tunnel, with newcomers such as Spinarak and Machop now being available.

Obviously, these are all relatively minor changes, but I'd rather have things be polished than nonsensical or repetitive. Sorry!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
First off, Aria has been completely redesigned to look far more like a Flying-type Trainer.

Oh dear. She has a full team on the 1st gym! This will be interesting, pushing your skills and usage of items to the limit right from the start! I like these kind of challenges, because a Gym Leader, is not supposed to be a walk in the park.

The revamp looks nice. She looks "pure" and light, as in, the way she dresses and how the white matches the clouds and their colors

Nice work, keep it up

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 17, 2015
Hey, im relatively new here and this is one of the first hacks ive been overly excited to see finished/released for play hahah if you need anyone to do a beta-test or to make a walkthrough/lets play video for id be happy to do any of those for you haha i am extremely looking forward to seeing this finished and wish you the best of luck :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2016
Ur welcome I just thought I'd throw it out there maybe u could use it next time if u wanted lol
BTW ur hack looks solid thus far

Years
Oh dear. She has a full team on the 1st gym! This will be interesting, pushing your skills and usage of items to the limit right from the start! I like these kind of challenges, because a Gym Leader, is not supposed to be a walk in the park.

The revamp looks nice. She looks "pure" and light, as in, the way she dresses and how the white matches the clouds and their colors

Nice work, keep it up
I've since changed her team again so that she only has 5 as it wasn't a particularly varied team with 6 anyway and the battle was somewhat tiresome. There is still a challenge, though!

Thanks!

Hey, im relatively new here and this is one of the first hacks ive been overly excited to see finished/released for play hahah if you need anyone to do a beta-test or to make a walkthrough/lets play video for id be happy to do any of those for you haha i am extremely looking forward to seeing this finished and wish you the best of luck :D
I'm glad that you're so excited for this hack, it means a lot! Once there is a release of some sort I'll be glad to see people record their own Let's Plays and whatnot, so feel free to do that. Thanks!

Ur welcome I just thought I'd throw it out there maybe u could use it next time if u wanted lol
BTW ur hack looks solid thus far
Thank you!

This is a relatively minor update showing some more move animations and the first custom move, Cry Out!

M9527iP.gif

Petal Storm is the move Petal Blizzard from Gen. 6, but renamed because of the character limit.

OMGdmkM.png
lP3wL2K.gif

Cry Out is a new Uproar clone that the Whismur line get at level 5 to replace Uproar. Uproar is now learned at around level 34, to compensate for its increased base power of 90 which has proven to be far too overpowered for a Pokémon that is easily available at essentially the beginning of the game. Cry Out therefore acts as a watered down version of Uproar, with a slightly different animation to suit. As a result of this, I've also modified all of the strings associated with Uproar to be more generic, instead referring to the Uproar that prevent sleep as simply "noise".

Years
Beautiful animation for Petal Storm there! Love the name 'Cry Out' too :).
Thank you!

So... is the Let's Play option open to anybody? I'm thinking of doing one myself... If and when I get the right programs.
Yes, definitely!

Super nice additions thus far, I hope you open source those attacks for compatibility later on :p
Thank you! I post all of my own effects and animations in the Move Resource thread, for official moves at least. As for Cry Out, that's literally an Uproar clone, and I just made a duplicate particle of the one Uproar uses and changed its palette. If you're desperate, though, I wouldn't really mind if you ripped any animations / effects of mine directly from the ROM once its released, provided you ask for my permission and it isn't the work of someone else.

Yet another minor update, I'm afraid. This time around, I've been working on updating the trainer sprites to more closely fit the art style of Aria's trainer sprite, and the trainer sprites of Gen. 4 / 5, to fit with the Pokémon sprites.

First, the Rival's sprite (his over world sprites haven't been made yet):
25s41F6.png

And some of the more generic trainer sprites:
np8wsBm.png
YVvYXkN.png
9zSGQlB.png

While on the topic of updated graphics, I will eventually be updating the battle backgrounds too. I'm leaning towards the HG/SS battle backgrounds at the moment.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
Thank you!

Yes, definitely!

Thank you! I post all of my own effects and animations in the Move Resource thread, for official moves at least. As for Cry Out, that's literally an Uproar clone, and I just made a duplicate particle of the one Uproar uses and changed its palette. If you're desperate, though, I wouldn't really mind if you ripped any animations / effects of mine directly from the ROM once its released, provided you ask for my permission and it isn't the work of someone else.

Yet another minor update, I'm afraid. This time around, I've been working on updating the trainer sprites to more closely fit the art style of Aria's trainer sprite, and the trainer sprites of Gen. 4 / 5, to fit with the Pokémon sprites.

First, the Rival's sprite (his over world sprites haven't been made yet):
25s41F6.png

And some of the more generic trainer sprites:
np8wsBm.png
YVvYXkN.png
9zSGQlB.png

While on the topic of updated graphics, I will eventually be updating the battle backgrounds too. I'm leaning towards the HG/SS battle backgrounds at the moment.
I like how you made the trainer sprite fit the gen 3 style, rather than use the resize trainer sprite. Good luck!

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
I love the petal storm animation, and the cave changes looks really good
The color palette of the cave is amazing.
The new move is also a great ideia, I love it

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
M9527iP.gif

Petal Storm is the move Petal Blizzard from Gen. 6, but renamed because of the character limit.

Loving Petal Storm, great animation, noticed it in the 4th and 5th gen move resources page.

Though may I mention that I was never a huge fan of Chaos' Maractus Back Sprite, so I've made my own one.

R2Vt0Eh.png

Feel free to use it or not, just providing an alternative since I've had it done for awhile.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
Really looking forward to this hack, not only are the graphics great and original, but also the story looks intriguing and I'm interested to see how this all pans out! Great work so far!

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Love the trainer sprites you have there! They have that HG/SS feel feel to it, but still fit the style perfectly!
I think the HG/SS battle backgrounds would look really nice and the petal storm animation is divine!

Can't wait to see more!

Last edited:
Back