• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
I like how you made the trainer sprite fit the gen 3 style, rather than use the resize trainer sprite. Good luck!
Thank you, that was my intention! I'm glad you like it.

I love the petal storm animation, and the cave changes looks really good
The color palette of the cave is amazing.
The new move is also a great ideia, I love it
Thank you!

Are you gonna compose custom music like Sovereign of the Skies?
I personally won't be composing music due to a general lack of talent, but who knows? I have ported some music from other games, though.

Loving Petal Storm, great animation, noticed it in the 4th and 5th gen move resources page.

Though may I mention that I was never a huge fan of Chaos' Maractus Back Sprite, so I've made my own one.

R2Vt0Eh.png

Feel free to use it or not, just providing an alternative since I've had it done for awhile.
Thank you! That's a great Maractus back sprite, I really like it.

Really liking your recent updates. The graphical/engine upheval is good to see and I can't wait to see more.
Thanks!

Really looking forward to this hack, not only are the graphics great and original, but also the story looks intriguing and I'm interested to see how this all pans out! Great work so far!
Thank you!

Love the trainer sprites you have there! They have that HG/SS feel feel to it, but still fit the style perfectly!
I think the HG/SS battle backgrounds would look really nice and the petal storm animation is divine!

Can't wait to see more!
Thank you! I will probably delay inserting the battle backgrounds because of general laziness and because I'm still unsure on a few things, but they will eventually be a thing.

It looks epic, simply epic. Can't wait for a beta!
Thanks!

I've been porting over some music from Emerald, fixing and changing small things, and working on inserting Hidden Grottoes. Here are some screenshots:

yGSc3vs.png
lAAlzvF.png
QDLoVpu.png

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
Thank you, that was my intention! I'm glad you like it.

Thank you!

I personally won't be composing music due to a general lack of talent, but who knows? I have ported some music from other games, though.

Thank you! That's a great Maractus back sprite, I really like it.

Thanks!

Thank you!

Thank you! I will probably delay inserting the battle backgrounds because of general laziness and because I'm still unsure on a few things, but they will eventually be a thing.

Thanks!

I've been porting over some music from Emerald, fixing and changing small things, and working on inserting Hidden Grottoes. Here are some screenshots:

yGSc3vs.png
lAAlzvF.png
QDLoVpu.png
Wow! I like how you design the hidden grotto. This give me some idea for my hack. :D Anyway, I going to keep an eye on this, and I wish you the best of luck.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015

yGSc3vs.png
lAAlzvF.png
QDLoVpu.png

I really like the idea of hidden grottoes. Looking good so far. :)

I'm wondering, since I don't think this has been mentioned yet, will you be having HMs in this hack?

Years
Wow! I like how you design the hidden grotto. This give me some idea for my hack. :D Anyway, I going to keep an eye on this, and I wish you the best of luck.
Thank you!

I really like the idea of hidden grottoes. Looking good so far. :)

I'm wondering, since I don't think this has been mentioned yet, will you be having HMs in this hack?
Thanks! HMs are indeed present in the hack.

That hidden grotto idea is fantastic! I love the way you subtly show the player where it is XD
Thanks, it's pretty much just like how they are in Gen. 5, though.

I've been working on some new areas, now:

rqkzDqA.png
MYK6quJ.png
dhFZJUR.png

First up, the Psychic-type-filled dungeon, the Emerald Caverns! These reside at the base of Mount Ignis.

Bo4S87o.png
SKc4cus.png
cbOE23s.png

Higher up the mountain is the Cliffside Forest, which is home to rare species such as Sigilyph!

Last edited:

KeyRogue

No theme for now...
Years
The Hidden Grotto doesn't amaze me, but the Emerald Caverns does. :D

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
Thanks! HMs are indeed present in the hack.

I see. So, how present are they in the hack? Will they all require being used frequently, or is it more like a "you'll only have to use it once to advance the plot or whatever"?

I'm wondering because I've played a few games that changed it by adding in HM item replacements or added different obstacles instead. I thnk it's a good alternative to HMs, and then players don't have to keep a pokemon solely for HMs. Regardless, I look forward to playing the beta when it's released! :D
I've just gotten spoiled from HM items. XD

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 13, 2017
Out of curiosity, will you allow TM's to be used more than once like a large amount of hacks? Also do you plan for the game to be long and/or hard similar to Dark Rising and Ruby Destiny where you are using lvl 100's near the end. Those seem to prove to be the most popular in hacks. High levels. Hopefully not too much grinding. Ruby Destiny did great when it comes to levels.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
Out of curiosity, will you allow TM's to be used more than once like a large amount of hacks? Also do you plan for the game to be long and/or hard similar to Dark Rising and Ruby Destiny where you are using lvl 100's near the end. Those seem to prove to be the most popular in hacks. High levels. Hopefully not too much grinding. Ruby Destiny did great when it comes to levels.

- Dark Rising style difficulty
- not too much grinding

You're kidding, right?

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years

- not too much grinding

You're kidding, right?
Personally, I found Dark Rising to be pretty well balanced. Not nearly as well as many others, but Dark Rising and it's sequel have handled it well, in my opinion.

Back on topic: This hack is extremely interesting. I'll be keeping my eye on this one, waiting for a release of course!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 13, 2017
- not too much grinding

You're kidding, right?

Not at all, i was able to beat it with very little grinding. Sure I was severely underleveled, but if you are strategic you should be good. Ruby Destiny did good when it comes to that, but it was a bit TOO easy. All 3 were.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Not at all, i was able to beat it with very little grinding. Sure I was severely underleveled, but if you are strategic you should be good. Ruby Destiny did good when it comes to that, but it was a bit TOO easy. All 3 were.
I don't really think the two are comparable. Nor do I think that Gaia's a particualarly good candidate to follow such examples considering it's pretty non-linear and emphasizes exploration, as opposed to the standard formula.

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
Years
I don't really think the two are comparable. Nor do I think that Gaia's a particualarly good candidate to follow such examples considering it's pretty non-linear and emphasizes exploration, as opposed to the standard formula.
I can definitely agree with this statement. Dark Rising and Gaia cannot be compared in many ways and a patch hasn't come out yet, so we can't compare just yet. Best of luck to you Spherical, you will need it.
One question, are the grottoes in the hack similar to the ones in Dragon Quest IX, sans the random generation, such as multiple floors, one tileset and a specific type of enemy, and a boss at the bottom?

Last edited:
Years
The Hidden Grotto doesn't amaze me, but the Emerald Caverns does. :D

Spoiler:

Thanks! Great idea, I've implemented it:
WZQeLCp.png

I give you my support. Tiles, intro, moves, etc... looks really cool.
Thank you!

I see. So, how present are they in the hack? Will they all require being used frequently, or is it more like a "you'll only have to use it once to advance the plot or whatever"?

I'm wondering because I've played a few games that changed it by adding in HM item replacements or added different obstacles instead. I thnk it's a good alternative to HMs, and then players don't have to keep a pokemon solely for HMs. Regardless, I look forward to playing the beta when it's released! :D
I've just gotten spoiled from HM items. XD
They are used to access extra parts of routes and caves (and towns), and, in rare cases, to progress through the story. They are also used to access shortcuts.

If I can work out how to get TMs reusable without any bugs then yes, it will be a feature. I will not be adding ridiculous 1000+-base-stat boss Pokémon that you're forced to toxicstall and I'll try to balance the level curve, so there shouldn't be any unfair challenges, but things like Gym Leader battles, "boss" battles and Rival battles will definitely have stronger sets, better AI and broader coverage to deliver tougher battles.

This hack is extremely interesting. I'll be keeping my eye on this one, waiting for a release of course!
Thank you!

One question, are the grottoes in the hack similar to the ones in Dragon Quest IX, sans the random generation, such as multiple floors, one tileset and a specific type of enemy, and a boss at the bottom?
The Hidden Grottoes will function like they do in Generation 5: they will hold one rare Pokémon or item, and have a chance to regenerate every so often.

I've been doing a lot of small changes here and there, and progress is also being made on Frostbite Cave, a section of Mt. Ignis where the plot begins to pick up some pace with the encounter of more tremors, and a mysterious gang of thugs:

I0FKdxq.png
6b2ZUhU.png
Jra4CMb.png

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Thanks! Great idea, I've implemented it:
WZQeLCp.png

Thank you!

They are used to access extra parts of routes and caves (and towns), and, in rare cases, to progress through the story. They are also used to access shortcuts.

If I can work out how to get TMs reusable without any bugs then yes, it will be a feature. I will not be adding ridiculous 1000+-base-stat boss Pokémon that you're forced to toxicstall and I'll try to balance the level curve, so there shouldn't be any unfair challenges, but things like Gym Leader battles, "boss" battles and Rival battles will definitely have stronger sets, better AI and broader coverage to deliver tougher battles.

Thank you!

The Hidden Grottoes will function like they do in Generation 5: they will hold one rare Pokémon or item, and have a chance to regenerate every so often.

I've been doing a lot of small changes here and there, and progress is also being made on Frostbite Cave, a section of Mt. Ignis where the plot begins to pick up some pace with the encounter of more tremors, and a mysterious gang of thugs:

I0FKdxq.png
6b2ZUhU.png
Jra4CMb.png

I'm loving how diverse Mt. Ignis is! Is Frostbite Cavern higher up the mountain? because that would make sense to why it's so much colder.

Great to see Bergmite's sprites going to good use!

I'd probably tweak the waterfall a little bit, I feel like it's too close to the land cave thing at the bottom. I'd probably move the cave entrance to the left a little bit, as well as the land thing.

Also, If you are including the help system, I can help you expand the 'Type Matchup' list to include the Fairy type, as well as correct the order to match the index numbers of the type.

Last edited:

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Also, If you are including the help system, I can help you expand the 'Type Matchup' list to include the Fairy type, as well as correct the order to match the index numbers of the type.
This reminded me of something else..

Are we going to see a revamp to the in-game Help System? It gets kind of old seeing the same help system in every game. Just thought I'd drop in and ask real quick.

Keep up the great work! I'm loving these maps!

Back