• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Do you mean that Goomy shouldn't have Protect? (And I'm assuming that calling Goomy 'Gooey' is autocorrect.)

MrDollSteak means that the problem is on the ability itself. If someone else has Gooey and used Protect, it will cause the same bug. I think the Gooey routine should include a check and cancel part if Protect is used.

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
    Years
  • MrDollSteak means that the problem is on the ability itself. If someone else has Gooey and used Protect, it will cause the same bug. I think the Gooey routine should include a check and cancel part if Protect is used.

I don't really get it, but that's okay. Now about the other three questions in my first post...

EDIT: Maybe it was only temporary because I just booted up the game and used return on a Goomy that used Protect and no such loop happened.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I don't really get it, but that's okay. Now about the other three questions in my first post...

EDIT: Maybe it was only temporary because I just booted up the game and used return on a Goomy that used Protect and no such loop happened.

I think the "proof" isn't available in BETA 2. Vernon is around Level 35. I haven't evolved somebody who is originally "trade evolution." See if Regal Stone can evolve it.

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
    Years
  • I think the "proof" isn't available in BETA 2. Vernon is around Level 35. I haven't evolved somebody who is originally "trade evolution." See if Regal Stone can evolve it.

Nope. I'm pretty sure Regal Stone is purely for King's Rock Trade Evolutions. And now I've finished the Beta completely with an almost fully evolved team. Poor Abigail...

Years
  • I don't know if this is a bug, but when I was training my Eevee to become a Sylveon. My Eevee was a boy and then after it evolved into a Sylveon it turned into a girl. I didn't know that evolving cause gender switch but its a cool feature if you made certain evolution gender specific.
    Thanks, this was a bug with Sylveon's gender ratio.

Subtle tree is subtle.

That gym looks really good though!

I'm interested in seeing Megas in every subsequent Gym Battle, it definitely shows its more or less the mid-point of the story with the increased difficulty.

Hoping for some wild Bulbasaur somewhere too! Maybe Nemesis Cave? Speaking of which, that name is really quite edgy, I was really expecting some evil team shenanigans.

On that note, if you want me to dummy up some sprites for the evil team just let me know! Maybe with some specific design things you're looking for.
    Yeah, that Ninja Boy isn't the best at disguises.

I won't spoil much, but wild Bulbasaur may not be necessary. ;)

A Mega Venusaur in the fifth gym? Bring it on.

This is looking great, Spherical Ice! The changes to the story sound good, and I can't wait to try it out!
    Thank you!

i mean i like the "new" moves i just dont like it if hackers put their own moves in hacks like cry out
    Cry Out was added as a balancing measure to stop Whismur from using a 90 base power move at level three. OR/AS actually did basically the exact same thing, but replaced Cry Out with Echoed Voice. If and when I add Echoed Voice, I'll likely remove Cry Out altogether, but in the mean time it's necessary to make Whismur usable but not entirely overpowered.

That's huh...That's Disarming Voice renamed because of the limits on the ammount of characters for a move name. It has been explained a bizillion times already.
    Actually, Charming Cry is the renamed Disarming Voice move.

Looking forward to this great game! The hype is real :)
    Thank you!

I'm glad I could play this game.

+I had a great fun with terrain exploration
    +Hidden areas are wonderful
    + 10/10 mapping
    +Towns are connected so Fly HM wasn't even needed
    +Classic plot but there's still something new in this
    +Pokemon sprites are done very well
    -------------------
    -Region seems to be kinda small;
    -Rival:
    a) has Luxray - I mean, I also have it and I see i'm not alone here.It's just strong pokemon and first electric-type you meet in game;
    b) I still don't know if he's a good guy or an a-hole.He looks like he tries to be both.
    -Pokemon appear every 4 steps

I really wait for the next beta and I hope my save file won't be working ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@down
    I meant you don't have to go through the same caves everytime if you want to get to another city.You have a lot of shortcuts there (Psyduck path, ropeway etc.).
    Thank you for the feedback! I agree that the region is on the small side, and in Beta 3 it will indeed be expanded.

The characterisation for the rival has been improved in the rewrite of the story I've been doing, so I think that problem has been solved, too. The encounter rate has been balanced slightly since release, too, although in most places it is not unlike how the encounter rate is for vanilla games.

What do you mean? Towns are always connected ever since. LOL
    I believe this was in reference to how I designed Orbtus to be easy to navigate from any one town prior to getting Surf or Fly; for example, Windmist City easily connects to Celanto Town via the Cable Car; Archan Hills connects Aerous City and Archan Town; and Sabulo Cross connects Aerous City, Sabulo Island and Reliquia Ruins (and thereby Celanto Town and Windmist City).

Tip: You have to let the player get an exp share early on in the game because its otherwise pretty difficult to let a new pokemon catch up to the teams level.
    I think the experience share is given at a relatively early time: in the Kanto games, you don't get it until Route 15, which is near Fuschia City, so it is not given exceptionally late in Gaia.

i hope this hack actually gets finished, got good vibes from this.
    Thank you!

You're Doing it Right!Hooray for Mega Evolution!
    Thanks!

Hi. Why Normal move do super effective to rhyhorn is that bug? I'm not sure
    You were likely challenging Oppos, who fights under the rules of Inverse Battles.

Hello.
    Just start tracking your work with this Hack and by far it is the best I've seen at all times. I will not ask a date because I know that you must get a lot of questions like that, but I wonder if it near or far from the launch of the next Beta. Waiting anxiously.
    ~ KingChronos
    Thank you! I'm not sure how far away the next beta release will be, but hopefully I won't leave you guys waiting too long.

i´m so hype for this game i can´t wait to get it
    but does anyone knows if this hack is completed or not ?
    Thanks! The hack is not completed, and only goes up to the fifth gym in the current release, Beta 2.

First og all I must say, this looks like it will be one if the best hacks out there. Looks beautiful, exiting storyline, gen 6 stuff and a lot more.

But the main reason I'm posting here is I have some bugs to report:
    In Telmurk City you can catch Poliwag in lv 40!!
    I could use fly before beating the gym which allowed me to
    Using cut on grass dont work. the animations shows like normal, but the grass wont be cut.
    While I was in a tunnel (can't remember which one) it said on the map I was in the top left corner.

Also I have some questions; I don't find Rock Climb. I'm sure its a stupid question and that it is laying right in front of my nose, but I can't seem to find it any where.
    Is it currently a way to use the bank, will there ever be, and what will / does it do?
    Approximately when will the next patch be released?

Lastly I'd love it if you added mareep in one the early routes. Ampheros is my favourite Pokémon and he was the only thing I missed playing the game.

Sorry for the long post and bad grammar and/or typos
    Thank you!

I have fixed the absurd wild levels in Telmurk City. The story rewrite has avoided the problem with Fly, although it also removed the Badge restriction on HMs.

It's strange that Cut doesn't cut the grass for you, I just did it on my ROM and it worked fine. On which map did you try to cut the grass?

The bug with the Town Map in certain "dungeon" maps will be fixed for Beta 3.

Rock Climb is not available in Beta 2, but will be in Beta 3 after defeating the fifth Gym.

I agree that Mareep would be a fun Pokémon to play the hack through, so I have added it to the new Seros Path I showed off a few posts back.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Quick question: Is the proof needed for the Telmurk bank available in the beta? My first thought was that it was the coin case, but I guess not...

Because otherwise I'll just level everyone to 40 and massacre the gym leader. (Vernon was level 35, so I'm assuming lvl 40. Am I correct?)

EDIT: Found a Bug. I told my Luxray to Thunder Fang a Goomy, but the Goomy used Protect. Suddenly there was a loop of my Luxray having blue gray spikes moving downward on it (like a stat was being lowered?) and words appearing saying that my Luxray couldn't attack. I was using the speed button, so I didn't notice right away, but it didn't wear off after several loops, so I just reloaded from a save state. Luckily the save state wasn't too far behind in my training.

EDIT2: Wait, I have a Boldore and I was wondering how to transform her? Is something like a 'link' stone implemented, or is it something else that will evolve her?
    The proof for the Telmurk Bank will not be available until Beta 3.

That does indeed appear to be a bug with Goomy's ability, Gooey. Boldore evolves at level 42, or by being traded.

Nope. I'm pretty sure Regal Stone is purely for King's Rock Trade Evolutions.
    The Regal Stone is not solely for King's Rock evolutions; for example, Seadra can evolve into Kingdra using a Regal Stone, although in the vanilla games it evolves by being traded with a Dragon Scale, not a King's Rock.

I have inserted new battle backgrounds with the help of MrDollSteak and Chaos Rush. Take a look!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Last edited:

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years
  • Maybe you should make the gyms slightly harder, I just played the whole game with only a chimchar and a whismur (now an infernape and exploud) and I defeated every gym with ease. If you make the gyms harder there will be more of a challenge. Maybe you could make the gyms harder and then balance that with an exp share that works the same as in OR/AS.

Years
  • Hi KingChronos here again.
    I dont know if it's a bug, but when I put a sylveon with a ponita was born a male sylveon, but to be born an Eevee. So I tried again. I put my Sylveon female with Sylveon male newborn and not born Eevee as I wanted. Thanks in advance.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Maybe you should make the gyms slightly harder, I just played the whole game with only a chimchar and a whismur (now an infernape and exploud) and I defeated every gym with ease. If you make the gyms harder there will be more of a challenge. Maybe you could make the gyms harder and then balance that with an exp share that works the same as in OR/AS.

fixed
    perhaps you could make a separate difficulty version

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    Hello mate, what an amazing hack you've build so far! Just finished the second beta and I love it.
    Now I did find a little bug that crashed the game though, it's with the Abomasnow event. After I caught the big monster (level 40 is quite high IMO, but then again some lumberers wouldn't be scared if it was a sweet level 25) there is this guy who starts talking and gives you something (sorry I forgot what it was). The thing is that my bag was full and when I tossed an item and started talking with him again the game crashed (played it on the gpsp emulator).

Also a little question: Somewhere there is a guy who speaks of bringing the pokemon that represents the tablet (like the relicanth tablet). I did this with the relicanth and nothing happened. Is this just with this tablet or is this on your to do list?

Well that's about it. Continue the good work and I'll be looking for a nice support banner :D

Last edited:

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • The visuals!
    The playability!
    Definitely a resplendent hack, one of the finest ever created. Keep up the amazing work!

Years
  • I have inserted new battle backgrounds with the help of MrDollSteak and Chaos Rush. Take a look!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Wow! Almost looks like a Gen 4-5 game with the battle backgrounds! Keep up the great work Sphice! Also, I'm playing the hack a second time on the Galaxy Tablet A.

My team is:
    Pingu
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Staravia
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Caitlyn
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Hennessy
    Pokémon Gaia Version

RokLobster
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Nidorino
    Pokémon Gaia Version

The hack is great and I tested out the Gooey Protect thing. It was fun!
    If possible, change the HP Bar and the Pokémon Menu UI.
    -Jose

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    The new battle backgrounds are looking nice!

I didn't even notice it before, but some of the rocks in this one are green:
    Pokémon Gaia Version

It actually works surprisingly well! :)

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • The new battle backgrounds are looking nice!

I didn't even notice it before, but some of the rocks in this one are green:
    Pokémon Gaia Version

It actually works surprisingly well! :)

That's actually deliberate, I designed that one for Nemesis cave which has a lot of moss.
    It just didn't make sense to have the HGSS style cave background for every cave when there are so many different tilesets.

Years
  • Hi Ice, I have to say your game is the best hack rom I played, and I really like it!
    But now I need some help: how can I evolve Shelmet and/or Karrablast? I alredy captured both of them but I don't now what to do to evolve them..

And about Regigigas.. will he obtain a new form or a new ability? This to avoid the problem about Slow Start and and make him stronger..

And another more thing, this time about items: will this hack have an unlimited bag and/or storange? in fact the third generation's games have a really limited storange , which can be a problem for who always search and find different items, specially if there are also a lot of items from the newest generations..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Does anyone by any chance know how Machoke evolves into Machamp? The Regal Stone doesn't work on Machoke, so is there any other way to evolve it other than by trading?

Back