• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • I see why this is worthy of hack of the year, Spherical Ice. This hack have most of the best features ever. I'm in love with those screens. I am a fan and waiting til this is finished so I can play all the way through. Keep making Hoty quailty hacks and love that you are a moderator too as well :).

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2019
    Probably a tiny mistake in encounter tables, but you can encounter Taillow when surfing in the ponds on Nestpine Climb.
    Also having the Gallade glitch with my Rash nature female Kirlia except it started trying to evolve at level 25 rather than 30.
    One more: Galvantula seems to try to learn Sucker Punch twice, at level 40 (when it should learn Agility) and level 46.
    LassLaura,i also encountered the gallade glitch in the past. So,i tried raising 4-5 kirlias of varying gender and natures to find the exact circumstances under which kirlia evolved into gallade instead of gardevoir. I cross examined the results with another person who had done the same with 12 kirlias and whose name i can't remember but you can find the posts from me and him regarding this matter if you look through this thread.In the end,we came to the conclusion that the glitch applies only to the first ralts you catch.I posted it along with that person so that new players wouldn't stumble on the same glitch but i guess it didn't work.It'd be nice if spherical ice added this information in the README.txt file.Anyway,i hope this helped.

Years
  • Hi spherical, im new here so i haope im saying this right hehe......anyways i just love your rom hack, awsome story ive seen and amazing effort you out into it. However i have a glitch to report. Im stuck at the Third badge in windmist city in gaia 2.5, in the windmist summit( or the route north), i encounter a kindler there with a braixen and slugma, i talk to the kindler and theres no dialouge, after 10 seconds i battle him, after i beat him in another 10 seconds i gain my prize money, same no dialougue, then. The screen goes black for the rest of the time. No where to bring me back. Is the game unfinished in 2.5? I know you said it ends in precimos island, but just wondering if you notice this, but i still enjoy the hack. Thanks in advance. Btw i am using GBA4ios

This is not even a bug in the most recent version of Gaia; I recommend you redownload.

First off, just wanted to congratulate you on this amazing game. But with all due respect, the bug is somehow still there. I've read every page of this thread looking for people dealing with the same bug and have tried everything you have mentioned. Still doesn't work.

Just 4 days ago, another user posted about the bug as well:

on windmist summit the 3rd trainer is glitched for me , when i battle it no writing comes up and once i beat it, the screen just turns black and i cant do anything. im using gba4ios and im running beta 2.5 for pokemon gaia, can anyone help?

I was having so much fun with the game, I seriously hope we can get this fixed.

Years
  • Hello, please tell me cry offset?
    this is for a original FR
    CryTable=48C914
    CryTable2=48DB44
    CryConversionTable=2539D4 / hoenncryauxtable = 0x2539D4

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2016
    I've already basically been doing this for a few friends of mine so I don't see why not, go ahead.

I will respond to the rest of the posts in this thread when I actually have some work to show for it, progress has been non-existent for the past few months because of recent RL troubles despite me being on my Summer break so I'm afraid hacking has been pretty low on my list of priorities. The hack isn't dead, but don't get your hopes up for a substantial update by the end of this year either. Thanks for being patient.

what do you mean no to hope for it to be updated by the end of this year? DO YOU REALY MEAN THAT? I was actually waiting for this to be updated by november like you told us already after adminting you wont put any special effort.. so whats new that you are not able to keep your word?
    Im realy realy REALY disapointed... delating the rom with its gba emulator... and will probably not download ever again SOMEWHEN IN THE "2018 Fifa World Cup in Russia update".

Years
  • what do you mean no to hope for it to be updated by the end of this year? DO YOU REALY MEAN THAT? I was actually waiting for this to be updated by november like you told us already after adminting you wont put any special effort.. so whats new that you are not able to keep your word?
    Im realy realy REALY disapointed... delating the rom with its gba emulator... and will probably not download ever again SOMEWHEN IN THE "2018 Fifa World Cup in Russia update".

Hey now, no need for that. We can be patient for updates, and delays happen. Have faith in the developer.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I would like to ask what the combination code for the Aerous City Museum is. Any hints or something? I just started a few moments ago and I'm about to board the S.S.
    Will the code be revealed later on or do we really have to crack our necks for it?
    I played the hack to completion, including exploring all the secret areas and talking to most NPCs, and found nothing. I'm really starting to think that we have to brute force our way through it, although that seems dumb af.

Years
  • Awww too bad! Well good luck w/ it bro!
    Thanks!

Just beat the sixth gym, and I gotta say, this has been a really fun game that I'm looking forward to seeing completed. I ended up running Empoleon, Mienshao, Staraptor, Absol, and Electabuzz with a Nidoran as my HM slave. The map's great, New Elders are interesting, sick music for battling the New Elders' leaders, and an overall enjoyable experience. The Sunflora in Registeel's cave though...that's something that should be addressed, if unintentional. Quite frankly it had me dying of laughter since I ran into a level zero Pokemon, something I can't say I've ever done before.

I've also never ran into a level 97 Sunflora that KO'd an Empoleon and a Mienshao.

But yeah, great game nevertheless. Will we be able to use 2.5 save data for the next big update? I like my team and wouldn't want to start from scratch because of how far I've gone...also, I want to keep that level zero Sunflora. It's just too funny to give up.
    Thank you, and the issue with the Ferre Ruins' bottom floor will be fixed for v3. Yes, v3 will maintain compatibility with saves from v2.5, so you won't need to start from scratch.

SphericalIce, I admire your dedication to answering every single post. You're awesome, all round (pun intended).
    If another question is alright, is Carbink available? Dex says no, but I'd been hoping that I missed a hidden grotto, perhaps.
    Thank you! Carbink is not available yet, if I remember correctly.

Well i cant wait till the last part will be released.

Like i mentioned in my post above i was having trouble with the game. after Roqi told me i could fix this simply by googling my problem. i started playing the game and finished it within 2 hours?

There wasnt a thing i didnt like about it. finally i could test my pokemon knowledge against all kinds of pokemons!

Are there any clues on when the last part comes out?!

Thanks again!
    Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it so thoroughly! Unfortunately I have no estimate for when the final version will be released.

I want to first say this game has been awesome the progression is great and the story is solid. I did want to report a bug. In Sid's gym if you get to the reciprocal trainer and save and quit before going to the ninjas trainer, when you load back in you will be stuck like you pressed none of the buttons. I know this is oddly specific but I had to use wall cheats to be able to get out of the area.
    Thanks; this bug has already been fixed and will be gone in v3.

Thank you for answering both of my questions spherical ice.I will most likely try catching and raising a new kirlia like you suggested in hopes that the bug applies only to specific pokemon.Either way,in case i try out that method,i will be posting feedback on it on this thread.In case it doesn't work out,i'm hoping that the next release will be compatible with this version's save files like i mentioned before.Also as far as murkrow goes,personally i have already replaced it with swablu on my team since it available early on,but speaking in behalf of anyone who thought of the same thing as me,i think it'd be better for it to be available earlier in the game so that players won't have to compromise for any of the standard flying types like tailow or starly(not that those are bad).
    I personally think that Murkrow that early is a little too strong, but I will reconsider where it becomes available just in case anyway. Thanks!

Glad to see some progress Spherical! I'm interested with your decision to remap Celanto town, as I always found that map beautiful, but I'm sure it'd still be good.
    I personally think it looks a lot more cohesive as a map now, you can see the whole version here if you'd like: http://i.imgur.com/DGGbMvh.png

Can't wait for the final version :)
    Thanks!

Thanks for answering, best of luck on getting V3 out. I'll be intently waiting for it. If I find any new bugs I'll be sure to post them up.
    Thank you!

when will beta 3 come out ?? any idea ??
    No idea, sorry.

Quick question Spherical, if you release Beta 3 when the full list of 7th gen Pokemon is revealed, will you add them to your hack?
    This is something I'm undecided on currently: if I do end up adding any Alola Pokémon to Gaia, it will certainly be after Sun and Moon are released so that all of the stats and whatnot can be implemented as accurately as possible. I personally think that there are some designs revealed so far that could fit in very well in Orbtus, but there are also other issues such as the lack of adequate 64x64 sprites and whatnot that make me cautious to even attempt adding more. So, for now, my answer is that "I don't know, maybe". Sorry I can't give something more stolid!

Hello spherical ice.I tried raising 3 different kind of ralts apart from the one i had already raised to see if the 'gallade evolution' bug applied to them.Surprisingly,all 3 evolved into gardevoir at level 30 like they were supposed to.I wondered if the bug applied only to male ralts but 1 of the 3 ralts was male and evolved into gardevoir compared to the one i originally raised so i suppose it's not gender locked.Another hypothesis is that the bug applies to a ralts that has earned physical attack EVs equal or above a certain point but that is something i cannot confirm since i wasn't keeping track of EV gain while raising all 3 of them.Lastly,it is also possible that the bug applies to a ralts whose nature lowers special attack(like the ralts i originally raised which evolved into gallade at level 28 and was of 'serious' nature) or one whose nature raises physical attack.However,the hypothesis concerning the nature of the pokemon is one i haven't confirmed since none of the 3 ralts belonged into either category except the original one so it could have also been a coincidence.Anyway though,for these hypotheses to become more than speculations i'd have to raise a lot more than 3 ralts of different kinds but i don't think i'll be doing that.Still,i hope this commend helps you with this hack and anyone who runs into the same predicament i did even a little.
    I was, screenshots below ;).
    Tested on twelve subjects (to speed up, gameshark rare candies, master balls and encounter xD), surprisingly, there were no Gallade bug.
    Spoiler:

As can you see raising attack did nothing. And my Ralts with Gallade bug was Calm nature; one of those 12 Ralts was also Calm and evolved into Gardevoir. There's one possibility I consider and I could try because I have idea that only first Ralts you're evolving have this bug. So, only hypotesis, but, if you use stone to evolve your male Kirila into Gallade, your next Kirila should evolve into Gardevoir.

Thanks for informing me of your research and eliminating most of my theories since now players won't have to worry about as many possibilities as before.The theory that a nature that lowers special attack evolves kirlia into gallade still stands since my kirlia that evolved into gallade was of serious nature(special attack lowered,special attack raised) and i didn't one of a corresponding nature out of your 12 ralts.But to be honest,since your situation was like mine(it was the first ralts that you evolved that evolved into gallade),the theory you suggested about the first ralts,or even the bug being random,seems more plausible.So i suggest any players having this problem to not abandon raising a gardevoir after seeing their first ralts evolved into gallade and any new players wanting to raise a gardevoir to evolved a ralts of unwanted nature into gallade first and then evolve the ralts of the desired nature into gardevoir.Thanks again for the information Aleister.
    Thank you both for taking the time to investigate this further. I will try to look into fixing it before v3's release; I'm sure the information you've both provided will be extremely valuable.

Sorry to hear about the slow progress, but this hack has been incredible so far! Very deserving of HOTY.
    Thank you, that's very kind.

Any plans on making poison work like Generation IV where Pokemons' health are lowered to 1 and then they're cured of the poison instead of being knocked out outside battles?
    I have considered doing so, but it is not a priority.

This looks like a really cool rom hack. I am currently playing this and I would like to know where the following pokemon can be catched please. Dratini, froakie(not sure if it's in the game, #hype if it is tho), elekid and bulbasaur/ivysaur. Thanks ;)
    Thank you! Dratini can be found in the emerald-walled levels of Frostbite Cave. Froakie is not available, and Elekid is only accessible through breeding an Electabuzz, which can be found in Telmurk Outskirts. As Shushui mentioned, Ivysaur is a gift Pokémon for those with Chimchar as their starter Pokémon: it will eventually become available later on in the game, but for v2.5 this is the only way.

I am absolutely in love with this game! Especially the second half. I feel like it got better with every city and gym. Keep up the great work! Take this suggestion with a grain of salt because like I said before, the game is great, but I feel like some of the earlier gyms lacked a bit of coherency, particularly the second and third gyms. I just wasn't impressed with their final Pokemon, they just didn't make much sense with the leader and their personality. Maybe switching Pignite for something like a Ninetails would make a bit more sense? or Chatot with Noctowl? I just feel like the gyms built up to something great, and then I was just a little disappointed by them...

Then again, I'm pretty sure the Fifth gym had to have had one of my all time favorite leaders out of any Pokemon game and the Sixth leader blew my mind, ha. So you're doing great!!
    Thank you, I'm glad you had fun playing! I agree that the third Gym Leader's team could be changed, but I personally am satisfied with the difficulty of the second Gym Leader, so it's less likely her team will be as drastically changed. I'm glad you enjoyed fighting Vernon, he's also my favourite fight from Gaia!

How do you win the bug catching contest I've tried so many times with scyther, beautifly, pinsir, beedril,etc. Every single time I end up in 3rd place UGH What pokemon did u win the contest with?
    The first time you enter the Bug Catching Contest is rigged so that you always come third for storyline purposes: following this, you are free to re-enter and can place in first, second, third, or not at all, and receive prizes in accordance.

I am having trouble figuring out how to mega evolve and how evolve floette May you tell me how?
    Floette evolves as it does in the canon Pokémon games, through the use of a Shiny Stone.

I like this game but i have a few question how can i catch arcues,are you going to add gen 7 pokemon,how many lagendary pokemon can i catch,how to get hm 2 and where is move relearner
    Arceus is not in Gaia. Read up in this post for my answer regarding Alola Pokémon. In v2.5 of Gaia, no Legendary Pokémon are capturable: this will not be the case for the final version, although a codified number of capturable Legendaries has not yet been determined. HM02 Fly is received in Telmurk City once you defeat The Mighty Mightyenas. The Move Relearner is not in v2.5 I believe; if she is, she will be in Precimos Island, but I cannot remember if that is only in v3 or not.

Recently started playing, and I've got to say that hands down this is the best hack I've ever played, and I haven't even fought the first gym leader yet.

The text seems natural, the spread of the Pokémon, the characters, the map, the style.. it all feels like an actual Pokémon game. Best of luck to you with this hack, it's amazing. I have a feeling this'll be a great inspiration for my hack, it's got everything that there is to look for. Very well deserved HOTY.
    Thank you very much, that means a lot!

Too amazing...i will surely look forward to it... I always loved mystic stories of ancient civilization and the screenshots and stories are just WOW!! ur damn creative ... :)
    Thank you!

So i started playing this game and i love it! absolutely love it! unfortunately i seemed to have encountered an odd glitch which is very frustrating. I was running back and forth in the snow city(I forgot the name of the city) I was trying to hatch the egg i received from the painting master guy. after doing this for a while, the game simply froze. nothing is responding. i saved state and closed and reopened my GBA and loaded state and its still frozen and i know i can still play the game i just have to start again but its rather frustrating to do so.. if i can fix this issue in any way can someone plz let me know? thank you :)
    Redownload the ROM from the first post of this thread, instead of from the website you found it originally.

Is this game all dead???
    No, I have just had a very hectic real life recently and so progress has been very very slow.

Gotta say, this hack seems really interesting! Can't wait till the main story at least is finished! I'd love to do this on my Youtube channel! :D
    Thank you! I look forward to seeing you play it if that becomes the case.

where can i find the tm for earthquake?
    Earthquake's TM is currently not available in v2.5 of Gaia.

Just wondering, is the ability Synchronize works properly? I have Munna with Adamant nature and Synchronize ability, and it still takes ages to found Fletchling with the same nature.

Great Pokemon hack btw, really enjoyed my playtime with this game :)
    Synchronize's breeding effects were added in Emerald onwards and so were absent in FireRed; I currently have not updated this to not be the case, so it does not fully function as it should currently. This may change for v3, if I remember to change it. Thanks for playing, and I'm glad you had fun!

is there a list of pokemon locations?
    Not yet, no, sorry.

Is the "cave full of high level Sunfloras" bug fixed?
    It will be for v3.

I hope you don't mind my asking, as I am not trying to pester you or anything, but how is the next beta coming along?
    Very slowly, unfortunately: if I haven't posted in this thread, take it to mean that I have nothing of note to show with regards to progress on the hack. My real life has been exceptionally hectic recently which means I've had little time (or energy) to work on Gaia. Sorry!

I'm Currently Playing, Truly deserves the Hack of the Year title!
    Thank you, that means a lot!

Hi, where do I go to report bugs?
    This thread is the best place for me to see bug reports.

any updates as of august 12 2016? please release before sun and moon XD goodluck with your work !
    I seriously doubt a Gaia release before Sun and Moon's, sorry. Thank you for the luck, though!

Spoiler:
    Yes when will be the next update?I just love this game specially the Mega Evo System I like how the way they done... I'm waiting for the next update
    I'm glad you like the game, and I cannot give a date for the release unfortunately as I do not know myself.

This looks entertaining. I wish you luck in this endeavor and hope to see another completed project join the awesome catalog here.
    Thank you!

This is a gorgeous hack!

I mean seriously, a story that isn't obnoxiously copied from everyone else, a nice collection of Pokemon, difficulty improvements, and other improvements. I know once this is no longer a beta and is pretty much completed, I'll definitely be downloading this (again) and finally completing it.

Take all the time you need, don't push yourself too hard.
    Thank you, that's a very kind thing to say! I'm certainly treating the hack as a labour of love, which means that if I don't feel passionate I will not force myself to work as I personally believe that will only result in a subpar end result.

Quick question. Does super size Pumpkaboo or Gourgeist can be distinguished by their sound, like original, in this game?
    I cannot remember if the cries were different in Gaia, but the sprites are certainly different sizes for the forms. If the cries aren't different, then I'll certainly try and implement them for v3 if I remember. Thanks for bringing this up!

cool hack, is clauncher readily available? if so how would one go about getting it?
    Clauncher can be found in Ferre Ruins.

Sorry to hear about IRL issues! Best of luck Sphice!
    Thanks! Unfortunately since that post RL has really not slowed down so it's been very hard trying to find time to work on Gaia!

hay awesome game and love the time and work you have put in to it i can tell by the quality that you really care about gaia i have one question. I know V3 isn't released yet and i am waiting for the day trust me LOL but in V2.5 i have a Wailmer that knows dive but it dont give me the option to use it. Is it not available for use in V2.5 and will be a patch for V3 or do i have a bugged Pokémon? Also i read in a thread that the V2.5 ends with 6 gym battles but i only have 5 and if there is a 6th obtainable badge i must be missing it somewhere.
    Thank you! Diving between maps is bugged in v2.5, so just don't use it in the field. There are indeed six Gyms in v2.5: have you perhaps missed Nina's Gym, in Windmist City?

I think I have just finished current beta that up to 6th gym.

I got a feedback that it definitely should be improved.
    I'm not sure about other puzzle/secret, but during that event of Registeel, I think author should make in-game info for Braille first as well as the "mass of the iron titan"

1) Braille, since this game is about "history" and we have library in this game, should make this a secret book when you try to "communicate" with bookself in order to learn the alphabetical of Braille.

2) "mass of the iron titan", player can't seem to register the info of Registeel in Pokedex nor there is any other info in-game. Like I said in point 1, there should be some hints.

TL;DR
    When making puzzle, please give hint so we don't rely on forum or internet for spoiler.

Below is not feedback, just a question:
    Why is there a specific altar for catching specific Pokemon? Like Clefairy, Marowak, etc. What is the purpose except they(maybe) can't be caught in the wild?
    I don't seem to find any special in-game lore for these Pokemons that have the authority of giving them special map.
    I agree about the braille puzzle not being the best, it really is bad design to rely on the players' googling stuff. I'll try and retool it to be less unfair in v3!

The Secret Temples hold Pokémon with special move sets, and often times the Pokémon found there are either extremely rare elsewhere in Orbtus or are simply not found. The Temples serve as rewards for exploration and hark back to the idols to the gods worshipped by the Elders of Orbtus: this will eventually be stated by an NPC in the game itself, so I can understand the confusion.

Thank you for the feedback!

Where is the move deleter Ive looked all over and i cant find him?
    As I answered earlier in this post, I cannot remember exactly if the Move Relearner is in v2.5: if she is, she'll be in Precimos Island.

hello im back to give praise to pokemon gaia again. In all honesty i haft to say du to the epic story line the flawless game play and the attention to detail as far as no bugs and glitches in the game if i were the poke company i would hire you to make the games this game is far better than any pokemon game iv ever played that was produced by the actual company thanks for the awesome game and i hope to see beta 3 soon good luck and keep up the amazing work.
    Thank you, you're very kind.

What's the new Pickup item table? I'm only getting Sitrus Berries and Super Potions. I'm guessing it's still based on level.
    The Pickup table is not based on levels, the items are just changed: Sitrus Berries and Super Potions are simply the most common out of the entire table.

An awesome hack of the originally Boring fire red !!
    But dude,waiting 3 YEARS for a Game is not promising
    Thank you. It is worth noting that Gaia only started in May of 2014 however, so it's two years old, not three.

Hi! I downloaded the game this week and I gotta say it's great! So far it's been a really fun experience. Congratulations for your work. ;)

Now, I only have one problem: I'm currently in the 5th gym, however, one of the switches doesn't activate when it should, and I'm stuck at the place. I've tried reloading the game but it still doesn't work. I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you very much in advance. :)
    Thank you, and this bug has been fixed for v3. In the mean time I would just recommend using a walk-through-walls cheat to bypass the walls in the Gym to get your Badge.

Does this still continue? It's one of the best hacks out there still waiting for the update thought add some Custom Mega for the Gen 2 and For Snivy Tepig,Oshawott That would perfect this game
    Gaia has not been cancelled, no. I do not plan to implement custom Mega Evolutions either, no. Thank you for the compliment, though.

Probably a tiny mistake in encounter tables, but you can encounter Taillow when surfing in the ponds on Nestpine Climb.
    Also having the Gallade glitch with my Rash nature female Kirlia except it started trying to evolve at level 25 rather than 30.
    One more: Galvantula seems to try to learn Sucker Punch twice, at level 40 (when it should learn Agility) and level 46.
    Thank you, these will all be fixed in v3 (at least, if I can manage to fix the Kirlia bug which is already known).

May I ask? Can you gives us the Code for the Gen 6 Pokemons I mean that would be great and Does greninja here have the same look like in the anime?
    No, I don't really see the purpose in me facilitating cheating in my own game, haha. Ash-Greninja is not and never will be in Gaia, either, sorry.

on windmist summit the 3rd trainer is glitched for me , when i battle it no writing comes up and once i beat it, the screen just turns black and i cant do anything. im using gba4ios and im running beta 2.5 for pokemon gaia, can anyone help?
    Redownload from the first post of this thread instead.

Definitely one of the best rom hacks I've played so far! I hope to see it finished! Good job
    Thank you!

I see why this is worthy of hack of the year, Spherical Ice. This hack have most of the best features ever. I'm in love with those screens. I am a fan and waiting til this is finished so I can play all the way through. Keep making Hoty quailty hacks and love that you are a moderator too as well :).
    Thank you, that means a lot!

First off, just wanted to congratulate you on this amazing game. But with all due respect, the bug is somehow still there. I've read every page of this thread looking for people dealing with the same bug and have tried everything you have mentioned. Still doesn't work.

Just 4 days ago, another user posted about the bug as well:

I was having so much fun with the game, I seriously hope we can get this fixed.
    You need to be redownloading from the first post of this thread, not from anywhere else.

Hello, please tell me cry offset?
    this is for a original FR
    CryTable=48C914
    CryTable2=48DB44
    CryConversionTable=2539D4 / hoenncryauxtable = 0x2539D4
    Just search for where the tables are pointed to in a default FireRed ROM and go to that location in Gaia's ROM to find out.

Anyone know where you can get a water stone?
    You can win Water Stones as well as every other evolutionary stone and all the Bug-type Mega Stones by coming first place in the Bug-Catching Contest. You can also find a few Water Stones throughout Orbtus, such as in Telmurk Swamp.

[image redacted for censor bypass: it was asking what the code to the secret door in Aerous Museum is]

Any help please?

I would like to ask what the combination code for the Aerous City Museum is. Any hints or something? I just started a few moments ago and I'm about to board the S.S.
    Will the code be revealed later on or do we really have to crack our necks for it?

I played the hack to completion, including exploring all the secret areas and talking to most NPCs, and found nothing. I'm really starting to think that we have to brute force our way through it, although that seems dumb af.
    The code in Aerous Museum grants access to a battle which is a reference to another community I'm a part of, so I don't really intend to release it to the rest of the Internet as you basically wouldn't understand the reference. If you are desperate though you can always just open the script and see for yourself, although that's no fun. :^)

what do you mean no to hope for it to be updated by the end of this year? DO YOU REALY MEAN THAT? I was actually waiting for this to be updated by november like you told us already after adminting you wont put any special effort.. so whats new that you are not able to keep your word?
    I appreciate your passion for Gaia, but as I've stated multiple times the bottom line is that the development of a ROM hack of a ten year old children's video game for zero profit is pretty unimportant in the grand scheme of things and my real life has become increasingly hectic. I never gave a release date of November, but I apologise if you misconstrued my comment about wanting to have a release before the end of the 2016. Either way, you should not have taken it as a guarantee as I explicitly stated multiple times that release dates are simply targets, not promises, and the bottom line is that I don't owe you anything. It's unfortunate that you've chosen to take such a dramatic response to this but I hope that when I do eventually release v3 you'll enjoy it anyway. Thanks for understanding!

Gaia has had sideways stairs implemented! Check them out below:

Gs7Wy5U.gif

If you would like to add sideways stairs to your own hack, check out my thread here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=378934

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Gaia has had sideways stairs implemented! Check them out below:

Gs7Wy5U.gif

If you would like to add sideways stairs to your own hack, check out my thread here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=378934
    My god fam, how long did it take you to make that reply? Hope you aren't in any pain after writing all that, haha
    That's really cool! If I ever go back to mapping or hacking in general I will definitely look into this and play around with sideways elevation. Being more related to this thread though, I'm glad to see you are working on Gaia again!

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Amazing game. I'm very very much engrossed in it right now. I'm playing this a ton 'till sumo comes out lol

Also, I've been thinking, if you're ever planning to put in the Sun and Moon 'mons into the game, I can lend a hand with spriting. I've worked on some pretty large spriting projects in the past, and I'd love to help in any way.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
    Years
  • The Pickup table is not based on levels, the items are just changed: Sitrus Berries and Super Potions are simply the most common out of the entire table.

Then you may want to think about tweaking the probabilities since I spent most of the beta, which included a few hours of grinding, with two Pickup users in my party and never got anything but Super Potions and Sitrus Berries, ever. Which at least gave me a good bit of money from selling the potions.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2016
    Hi my male ralt keep wanting to evolve to a gallade but i want it to be gardevoir is there anyway to do this? And where do i find hitmomlee or tyrouge

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    Is Tynamo or Eelektrik in the game? Eelektross would fit nicely on my team.

EDIT: Also where can I get a Moon Stone and is the Move Relearner in the game? I want my Trevenant to learn Horn Leech so he can get a decent STAB move.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks for the reply about the water stones. Do you know where Flamethrower TM is?

Also I was wondering if you would be interested in feedback/mini review to tell you what I liked and wasn't so keen on with Gaia as I have beaten it. I have many positives to bring up but an odd thing that I'm not so keen on too.

Thanks for the wonderful hack. This deserved Hack of The Year for sure.

Years
  • Looking forward to v3 whenever it comes out! This is the best rom hack I've played so far (and I've played a ton of rom hacks).

megaman d

novice scripter
    Years
  • I have finished the game quite some time ago but i am still stick to it. Caught all the pokemons i could and all mega stones also the battle marsh is an interesting aspect of the game, I got a 50 battle streak. In addition i bought the ability pill but it doesnt seems to work, I "USED" it on infernape but his ability didnt change. (i checked the ability in the pokemon summary .. maybe the ability actually changes during battle ). and also if ability pill works in some other way can somebody tell me? (I know i can google) :p

OK sorry for disturbing, i guess ability pill doesnt work for hidden ability :/

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2016
    Amazing hack just finished it with team infernape,gogoat,clawitzer,gigalith,howlucha,venusour.
    didnt encounter single bug hope u dont abandon this great hack.
    waiting for next beta take ur time man no hurry iam sure it will be worth the wait.

Back