• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

TheShinyMew

Wild Challenger appeared!
Years
  • I have a problem. Every time I've added the sprites and saved it, it vomits out an error that says "Gen_III _Suite.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for inconvenience." What am I gotta do?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • I have a problem. Every time I've added the sprites and saved it, it vomits out an error that says "Gen_III _Suite.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for inconvenience." What am I gotta do?

It sounds to me like you're still using Windows XP. Most of us actually use the newer Windows operating systems, such as Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. And since most tools are developed using the more newer .NET Framework, such as 4.5, it means that using the program on older Windows OS will cause it to crash upon startup. You could also use a GNU/Linux OS (which are absolutely free and open source) and run Windows under a virtual machine, just like I can do.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I have no intention of derailing this thread but, does anyone have a working link to a gen4 TRAINER EDiTING tool so i can edit trainers and gym leaders/elite4 in platinum?

Please don't post unrelated questions in threads here. You will probably get an answer if you post in the Quick Questions and Answers thread in the Beginner's Lounge.

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • Well, I have this problem:
    After expanding pokemon and pokedex entries, edit each pokemon adding stats, moves and habitats (only one repoint) and pokedex order for some of them; the game crashes after catching one of these new pokemon added with the national pokedex enabled from start, with regional pokedex it doesn't happen.
    Any fix for this please help, thanks.

I've got this problem too. Could anyone please confirm whether everyone has this problem, or if not, maybe a possible solution? Thanks

TheShinyMew

Wild Challenger appeared!
    Years
  • It sounds to me like you're still using Windows XP. Most of us actually use the newer Windows operating systems, such as Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. And since most tools are developed using the more newer .NET Framework, such as 4.5, it means that using the program on older Windows OS will cause it to crash upon startup. You could also use a GNU/Linux OS (which are absolutely free and open source) and run Windows under a virtual machine, just like I can do.

OK. I'm not using sprites anyway.

PokemonBen

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    How to fix the PNL is not defined issue? Happens everytime I go to choose an offset after saving a new Pokedex entry.

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
    Years
  • can you upload the windows version in mediafire?
    i cant even open the page let alone downloading it

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2016
    I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install the Gen 3 Hacking Suite in Ubuntu 15.04. Please, help for a dummy here. This thing looks great but I can't seem to get it to work right.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

I've been using gen suite 3 fine until suddenly, an error pop up that forced me to close it. When I reopen it, this is the error code I got.

This is my ini file.

Spoiler:

Shogun

I'll be back
    Years
  • How to expand the dex a second time?
    I've tried to create some patch of a same rom with and without the expanded dex etc. And the best result I have is playable but with a lot of error.

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    How to expand the dex a second time?
    I've tried to create some patch of a same rom with and without the expanded dex etc. And the best result I have is playable but with a lot of error.
    You can't do it more than once on the same ROM, if I were you I'd just expand it to the maximum so you'll never have a need to do it again.

Years
  • Necesitas que cambiar BPRE a MrDS y los bytes a FFFFFE a FF FF en lugar de 00 01, o lo que esta alla.
    Despues podes abrir el G3HS.

I am having the same problem as Craver, I'm using the MrDS FireRed patch and everything turns into \x. If this you said it's correct (I don't understand spanish very well), how do I do it?

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I'm having some trouble getting ROMs to open with this tool. I have a Fire Red (E) version ROM that I attempted to load into this tool. I haven't made any changes to the ROM yet. I got this error:

Spoiler:

I tried hitting yes, and then I got this:

Spoiler:

Am I doing something wrong? Should I be changing something in PokeRoms.ini before opening things? I'm a complete beginner so I have no idea what I'm doing. Any help is appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    It's been a long time since I've last been on the forums. Has anything new been added to G3HS since I've been on here last?

Years
  • Having issues as well with the rombase by MrDollSteak working properly with G3HS . I put in the .ini file that comes with the MrDS Firered patch together with G3HS (replace the old one) and applied the patch to the FireRed rom, open the rom in G3HS and the tool asks me to overwrite a value with a new one at offset 0xfffffe because of an unknown rom ID.

Can someone tell me why that's happening? Am I doing something wrong? Far as I know I'm not which is why I'm so confused but who knows...

Back