• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Years
  • HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Magmar doesn't control Fire ! But Glalie Control Ice .
    It all about mastering Your Pokemon .
    To the Point you can control it with your mind.

That's called a Psychic, even stretching it, it would be an elemental wielder. Magmar controlls fire...he's pretty much engulfed in it

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    So for my or team I was going to go with wailord for a water type, but seeing as I've used it a thousand times before I decided to try something new and go with gorebyss. I'm so glad I did as I really love her!! It's special attack is pretty awesome for in game. I can pretty much rip through any opponents with psychic and surf... I'm thinking of adding ice beam to her move set once I get through victory road.

but anyway that made me think about how there's a lot of Pokemon whose evolutions were so difficult to obtain in the past. But now since connectivity with other players is so easy trade evolutions and rare Pokemon have become a lot easier to obtain. Has anyone else been able to use Pokemon they haven't been able to obtain till now? Were you happy with the results?

Last edited:
    Years
  • My play of Omega Ruby didn't have me using any Pokémon like that, at least none which I was never able to obtain. Although I have used trade evolutions in the past, none of them were in recent first time goes, at least not ones I couldn't get.

Gorebyss does have nice Special Attack though, but i've never used one myself.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I got both Ruby and Omega Ruby for Christmas, but I want to wait to finish Alpha Sapphire first.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Things in Pokemon that I don't kinda understand aka what the heck Gamefreak was thinking?

How come GROUND is super effective against STEEL?

Why are FAIRIES super effective against DRAGONS? (and why can't a Dragon harm a fairy?) (I kinda get why Fairy is effective against Dark and Fighting though, Fairy = Friendship(?) and Friendship is strong against Hatred/Loneliness/Negative Emotions(Dark) and Force(Fighting)?? and no I'm not making an MLP reference)

Poor Wallace. I liked his outfit in classic RSE. ORAS Wallace's outfit... dear lord, even his overworld model is eyesore.

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    When it comes to remakes or even multiple play throughs, I really TRY not to use pokemon that I've used before. It can be super hard at times

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • When it comes to remakes or even multiple play throughs, I really TRY not to use pokemon that I've used before. It can be super hard at times

+1. I remember playing my Hoenn games multiple times and I always, always had a Gyarados (all the way from Kanto), Gardevoir (dat lucky first route encounter), and Zangoose (wynaut? he's based on one of the most badass animals of all time). As for starters, I just can't resist picking Torchic, and if I start on ORAS, I have a high chance that I'd pick ALL of those I mentioned again.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I tend to always use the same pokémon >.< I want to make my playthroughs more unique and interesting but I seldom have time to fully train pokémon I'm not sure I'll use for long. It was really difficult to keep myself from using the starter trio in Yellow playthroughs :p

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Despite my best intentions, I tend to use the same Pokemon in my playthroughs. I know how those Pokemon work in the game, how dependable they'll be in the storyline and when they'll improve (either by moves or by evolving). It makes it easier for me to play the games if I'm just looking for a way to relax with a Pokemon game.

With remakes, I'm drawn to Pokemon I've used before. When I briefly started OR, I picked Mudkip without thinking about it. Mudkip was the first starter I picked in Ruby. Old habits die hard.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • It was really difficult to keep myself from using the starter trio in Yellow playthroughs :p

yellow for some reason really had a limited stock of (GOOD) monsters to catch... I couldn't blame you there. I think i went through playing yellow with the Starters, Pikachu (because I couldn't have the heart to store it in the box), and the first Nido (male) i encountered. After all, if its not broke, don't fix it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The first three or four times I play through I try to use each starter and keep my teams varied. Eventually though I'll end up playing through with all my favorites of the region. In Dppt I think I replayed so much I started dumping the starter in the beginning and making full teams without it for the sake of not using them a million times.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I made it a point to use some Pokémon I typically don't use in OR/AS, such as Camerupt and Gallade.

Years
  • I've only made it to Mauville so far in Alpha Sapphire (*side note- considering how true to the originals OR/AS was up to that point, I was completely floored to see the changes that they've made to Mauville), but I've tried to avoid using Pokemon that I had in the past other than Treecko, which is why I have a Kirlia, Zigzagoon and Plusle on my team. As much as I like Aron + family, I'm forcing myself not to use one, and will probably wait until the postgame to catch and train one.

Glameow

Purrrfect~
    Years
  • I tell myself each time I'm not going to make repeat teams, but I FAIL so hard at it. I normally use 1 or 2 Pokémon I don't frequent if that even counts ;×;

Years
  • My initial playthrough had only one Pokémon that I never used in RSE before, and that was Hariyama. I used that because I got the traded one in Rustboro City that gives boosted EXP, and I wasn't sure if I would stick with it but I did so in the end. The others - Swampert, Gardevoir (which I got from a Ralts using the DexNav and because it had a good nature going for it), Magnezone, Flygon and Bellossom - were all ones i've used before. Well, except that very last one, I have used Vileplume before but not Bellossom to my recollection.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I liked Hariyama! I mean, it was nice to use. I just didn't like its design much at all so I always boxed it after a while. Looks. They do matter.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm happy with my current team on Alpha Sapphire right now, a couple of duplicate types but that always seems to happen anyway. Speaking of which I need to get back into it, I'm still only at Lilycove.

Years
  • Admittedly, most of the times I played through RSE back in the older days, I would use the same Pokémon a lot of the time - Swampert/Blaziken, Gardevoir, Salamence, Camerupt, Manectric, something along those lines, often when I would attempt to get through the game fast.

Can't really do that in challenges though :P And in Generation V and later, with much easier EXP mechanics it would make things a lot easier as far as making a team goes, so I have no problem using variety.

Back