• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Years
  • I remember seeing Pokémon Advanced on TV earlier in the month while I was at home, and that theme gave me a nice kick from back when Hoenn was the thing. Good stuff, but I do like "This Dream", or whatever that one was too.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I still remember all the lyrics to all the english anime openings to this day. The sole exception I think is the first DP opening (the rap one) because I'm not a fan of it at all. But even then I think I still know most of the lyrics to that one. :')

Years
  • I still remember all the lyrics to all the english anime openings to this day. The sole exception I think is the first DP opening (the rap one) because I'm not a fan of it at all. But even then I think I still know most of the lyrics to that one. :')
    As soon as you said that, I started singing the DP theme, haha :p

Even though I haven't been a regular watcher of the anime in years, I still know almost all of the English opening lyrics as well, up until some point in the BW seasons. I also didn't realize until just recently that the XY series uses a cover of the original theme. I was pretty excited when I heard about it, but if I recall, it actually ended up being a bit disappointing.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Over here they translated all the theme songs, so I only know there original in English, because that's the only one they kept intact.

I have only seen one episode of the gen 5 anime, and haven't even seen anything of gen 6. The anime doesn't appeal to me anymore these days.

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
  • The last series I've fully watched was Diamond and Pearl. Are the newer seasons on Hulu or anything? I may give it a chance, though I didn't like the Black and White the games :/

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't know about Hulu but I do know that Black and White is on netflix! I personally really really love the BW anime series but you have to kinda go in on it with a open mindset because otherwise you might just end up disappointing yourself and not really giving it a chance.

Years
  • As I may have said, I remember a lot of people were really upset by the early episodes of the BW series, like with Ash losing to Tripp not once, but twice, both times in instances that felt like total trash to them. I only watched a couple episodes of that anime, for specific reasons, though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    That right there is one reason why I recommend going in with an open mind. I can find logic behind his losses (at least his first one) but others just don't see any logic behind it or their logic is flawed and then just hate it from there on out.

If you want to hate on a battle hate the Nimbasa Gym Battle. Now that one was a disaster. :V

Years
  • As I may have said, I remember a lot of people were really upset by the early episodes of the BW series, like with Ash losing to Tripp not once, but twice, both times in instances that felt like total trash to them. I only watched a couple episodes of that anime, for specific reasons, though.

Ah yes I was someone who liked 5th Gen, but only the games because Best Wishes was being viewed as the worst region-based saga of the anime, and I can see why... seriously how could Ash's so-called god tier Pikachu lose to a beginning Snivy? Absolutely pitiful.

If you want to hate on a battle hate the Nimbasa Gym Battle. Now that one was a disaster. :V

God don't remind me of that. Especially when Ash's strategy was to sweep with Palpitoad (who sadly got the least screentime out of almost all his Pokemon throughout the entire anime so far, in fact on par with Kingler) and he lost so gracefully to Elesa's Emolga forcing Ash to run back and get another Pokemon, and then had to rely on Pikachu again.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Because Pikachu isn't a god tier Pokemon and that people need to stop thinking of the anime to be like the games. Why can it not be possible that mindset, how physically well the Pokemon is, and such be part of whether a Pokemon wins or loses? I mean c'mon. It's not pitiful if you actually take five seconds to consider things. Maybe still a bit sad, but ughhhh. I'm sorry if I seem like I'm stepping out of line but I'm just so tired of people saying such things.

I wish Palpitoad got more screentime. If there is one big flaw of Best Wishes that I won't be able to get over is the fact that only Ash's starters and Scraggy really got screentime outside of whatever battles. Even Krookodile's screentime was pretty much cut after he caught it.

Years
  • It's true, writers were heavily biased and that's what I didn't enjoy. Seriously, when it came to Ash's Unova Pokemon why did Scraggy and the starters steal so much attention? I was also hoping he'd have a starter fully evolve but the only one that did evolve was Tepig and even then they still left him as a Pignite.

I guess the reason why Ash's starters weren't allowed to evolve was because there was a major recurring rival owning each of the fully-evolved starters - Trip with Serperior, Bianca with Emboar and Cameron with Samurott. I call that a stupid excuse there, writers.

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • It's not pitiful if you actually take five seconds to consider things.

Oh, it's pitiful. Pikachu has battled more than enough times to know how to beat a Snivy in its first battle. It was just the anime writers beimg stupid.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Again, I believe people fail to actually consider the circumstances around the battle. I suppose in the end it is the writers' fault as they should have pulled it off better/in a way where people don't bitch on it so much but nothing can be done now haha. I'll just be over here in my pathetic little corner of thinking far differently than well.... everyone.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Because Pikachu isn't a god tier Pokemon and that people need to stop thinking of the anime to be like the games. Why can it not be possible that mindset, how physically well the Pokemon is, and such be part of whether a Pokemon wins or loses? I mean c'mon. It's not pitiful if you actually take five seconds to consider things. Maybe still a bit sad, but ughhhh. I'm sorry if I seem like I'm stepping out of line but I'm just so tired of people saying such things.
    So it's just out of shape? How can it sink so low, considering it once beat a Dragonite in a battle against a champ, that it can't even beat an untrained starter Pokemon? You'd expect, that it has enough battle experience to beat such an opponent, even when in bad shape.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    No, that's not what I think. I'm not even sure if I can even put what I think into words because I'm really bad at explaining my reasoning. Especially to those who don't really watch the anime itself. But I do know what I'm not the only one who feels the same way I do so that's what keeps me from backing down from what I think.

Though I will say that sometimes I think people expect too much of Ash and Pikachu and forget that Ash is still ten or that it's because he's ten that people don't really think more deeply about his character. But all this is just my two cents.

Years
  • ... did everyone writing it off as pathetic just completely not watch the first 10 minutes of the first episode of Best Wishes? I mean, it was my least favorite of the regional series, but the battle with Trip falls in the same episode as Pikachu being completely zapped of its electrical powers by Zekrom (it's been 5 years, anyone who's willing to watch it probably has, and it happens within the first 10 minutes of the series anyway). There may still be some logic leaps to be made beyond that (such as whether you think Pikachu's vitality is directly related to its electricity levels or not, which the anime generally seems to treat as true, if my memory serves) for the loss in that battle, but they are far from insurmountable logic leaps.

It was my least favorite series for other reasons, but a lot of that has to do with having slightly higher expectations.

Years
  • ... did everyone writing it off as pathetic just completely not watch the first 10 minutes of the first episode of Best Wishes? I mean, it was my least favorite of the regional series, but the battle with Trip falls in the same episode as Pikachu being completely zapped of its electrical powers by Zekrom (it's been 5 years, anyone who's willing to watch it probably has, and it happens within the first 10 minutes of the series anyway). There may still be some logic leaps to be made beyond that (such as whether you think Pikachu's vitality is directly related to its electricity levels or not, which the anime generally seems to treat as true, if my memory serves) for the loss in that battle, but they are far from insurmountable logic leaps.
    The whole Zekrom thing is exactly why I had a problem with it. In the span of two episodes, Zekrom not only zaps Pikachu of its Electric attacks, but gives them right back, with Trip's battle conveniently placed in between. And as far as I know, outside the movies Zekrom doesn't even appear again. I understand the importance of Trip getting the win over Ash, but it could've happened just as easily one or two episodes later when Oshawott joins his party.

I've got no problem with the battle going down the way that it did under the circumstances, but it was the circumstances themselves that soured me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I will admit that Zekrom doing that just so there are circumstances to Ash losing the battle is a bit problematic (like seriously, it could have lasted a bit longer so it wasn't so obvious that it wasn't just for that), but that said I would still definitely not put the blame on Ash and Pikachu. It was still Zekrom's doing, really.

I mean if you think Ash is going to push Pikachu to fight when it's clearly getting hurt my its own electric moves then have we even been watching the same show???

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • *blows dust off thread*

Sora your avatar is so cute! I wouldn't have pictured Goodra (? not sure if it's Goodra, haven't played much of 6th Gen) being such a cute/affectionate Pokemon hahah. Actually now that I think about it, Goodra (if that's Goodra...) sort of reminds me of Dragonite - not just its shape but how it seems like it could go from affectionate and friendly to scary and powerful.

Years
  • Goodra! (: It's nice that we have another Dragon-type pseudo-legendary that's a happy Pokémon like Dragonite, that one of which comes off as more fierce too. A gentle giant, per se.

Back