• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2024
    Okay, I'm in no position to test this hack out since I have little to no time for it, but I will upload what I have. Patch this onto your Liquid Crystal ROM (not FireRed). Make a backup of your Liquid Crystal ROM before applying this. Tell me how it works!

https://www.mediafire.com/download/f1nsq36fxf8s1r4/Pokemon_Liquid_Crystal_(Additional_Edits).ips

I've only tested the intro parts so far, but the Town Map is broken in your version and not in Meowth's . . .

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • @Creator135: That sprite and the others that are messed up, I left them that way because I'm assuming they weren't used in the final version of the game. I haven't yet tried your new patch but I'll give it a shot in a few minutes, what did you alter?

EDIT: It's far more glitchy than the last time, sorry bro... a lot more corruption and many of the trainers reverted to the old ones. You had to have done things out of order to get that result as the old sprites are back even though they've been overwritten.

And btw to avoid confusion, maybe you should just PM your patch instead of putting it up here when people will download that instead and it's game breaking right now? Of course if you get it working then nevermind. Anyways, if you have a folder with all of the images already in GBA format, if you zipped it and sent it to me maybe I can get it working, I am using a different graphics editor than you are after all

ALSO, as a side thought, maybe you should try only inserting the sprites instead of the reusable TMs and such? That could be causing an issue too.

Last edited:

SirCharmander

SirCharmander
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    @meowth: I hate being a bother, but would it be possible to change the player spite to the heart gold and soul silver spite to match the battle sprite and player card?

Danno

Years
  • @meowth: I hate being a bother, but would it be possible to change the player spite to the heart gold and soul silver spite to match the battle sprite and player card?

I kind of did... just in GBA format. The overworlds in the DS games are too big, I don't know how to go about enlarging them, so if you'll notice I redid the original liquid crystal overworld with the clothing style of the HGSS sprites.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    I don't know if anybody still fixes bugs but here'S one I found.
    When I use the good rod within the whirl island cave there's a "Pokemon" that appears with an ? as sprite and its name is "?????" it is also very hard / impossible to catch.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    @Creator135: That sprite and the others that are messed up, I left them that way because I'm assuming they weren't used in the final version of the game. I haven't yet tried your new patch but I'll give it a shot in a few minutes, what did you alter?

EDIT: It's far more glitchy than the last time, sorry bro... a lot more corruption and many of the trainers reverted to the old ones. You had to have done things out of order to get that result as the old sprites are back even though they've been overwritten.

And btw to avoid confusion, maybe you should just PM your patch instead of putting it up here when people will download that instead and it's game breaking right now? Of course if you get it working then nevermind. Anyways, if you have a folder with all of the images already in GBA format, if you zipped it and sent it to me maybe I can get it working, I am using a different graphics editor than you are after all

ALSO, as a side thought, maybe you should try only inserting the sprites instead of the reusable TMs and such? That could be causing an issue too.

I'll just tell you my source for these sprites and maybe you could add them yourself. I downloaded NSE but have no idea what i'm doing there, so maybe you could do something about it?

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267728

Danno

Years
  • I'll just tell you my source for these sprites and maybe you could add them yourself. I downloaded NSE but have no idea what i'm doing there, so maybe you could do something about it?

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267728

I already have that but it's not worth my time to sit there and set up each individual pokemon in a gba format .bmp... especially since you already must have them if you inserted them in before

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2018
    Hey,Its a great hack! I always wanted the crystal to be a gba rather than a game boy colour
    so,I have a question:(i saw the main page that pokegear will be later updated)
    When i try to use phone in pokegear it sayss phone not working at the moment..when can i use,if I can on this version and if not,then on which version can. I do it?

Hey,Its a great hack! I always wanted the crystal to be a gba rather than a game boy colour
    so,I have a question:(i saw the main page that pokegear will be later updated)
    When i try to use phone in pokegear it sayss phone not working at the moment..when can i use,if I can on this version and if not,then on which version can. I do it?

ericu01

Blue Water, Blue Sky
    Years
  • The sprites overhaul is a very great addition to this hack. Isn't it possible for you guys to collaborate? It will avoid the inclusion of too many mess ups, (i noticed it on both of you) and it makes the work more efficient.

Just my two cents, though. Good work on both nonetheless. ^^

Danno

Years
  • That's what we're trying to do :P

The problem may be lying in the fact that we're using two different graphics insertion programs to do our work.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    i'm not sure how i overlooked this, but working in Advanced Sprite Editor, I noticed some 4th gen Pokemon like Chimchar, Turtwig, Piplup, Bastiodon, and Budew and such. Any explanations for this?

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2017
    REally liked this version. Keep Up the good work. Can't wait to get the science lap to revive pokemon from fossil and revive mewtwo from dna sample

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2015
    Thanks for making the best remake of crystal around. Brought back such fond memories. Keep up the amazing work.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Hey linkandzelda, love the game! I'm hooked, and I've been playing it a lot, I just recently downloaded it maybe a month or so ago and I'm not sure what version this is, but I've beaten the nexus people in mandarin city and recieved the old key and the guard tells me the locked door can be accessed through a warehouse outside of town, but when I go through the north exit of the city, it's not developed yet and there's just a green patch with water next to it which my character can walk on. Has there been a newer patch that finishes mandarin island? And if so, where can I get it? Anyone feel free to respond please.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2017
    Help the map does not work with patch liquid crystal additional edits i can't fly and the map its located in kanto. Sorry for my bad english :(

Back