• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Saiph - The VytroVerse Part 1 (Full Game released!)

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
  • It may be a dumb question but can I do that myself or do I need to ask a mod or something?

i think you actually might have to ask one of the forum mods i think. if not there must be a way to do it yourself.

Years
  • Hey I have really enjoyed the game. And really appreciate the effort. It has very interesting story and characters. I have some suggestions that I think could make up for an even better game experience.
    1. Add more water pokemon on first routes, such as Psyduck or Spheal, since it's hard to get a good one besides your starter. There are already good grass and fire pokemon early on the gamesuch as Petilil (sp atack), Budew(sp att) and Sewadle(attk) or Fletchling(speed), Magby(sp att) and Growlithe(attk) but water pokemon only the Magikarp you get as a gift, or Tympole, Floatzel line, which are all physical attakers, so to make a balance Psyduck is a good pokemon.
    1.1. Also instead of getting a gift magikarp, an Evee would be better!

2. Add more trainers to routes, so the level of Gym Leader's pokemon may be increased. Since some of them felt empty and if you plan a 6 pokemon team it's hard to train because of the small amount of trainers and short routes. Or if it's possible make the Vs Seeker available (since it's also hard to get Money)
    2.1. Add more Items like Nuggets, Vitamins, TM's)

3. If possible, make the girl/boy character another rival that starts the journey after you and chose the pokemon that's better than yours. And give him/her a role on the main story or postgame (instead of main story).

4. Add more evolutionary stones or make them available for buying, I was not able to find any Sun Stone in the region.

Hope you read and consider this if it's not much to ask. Specially 1,2 and 4.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    4. Add more evolutionary stones or make them available for buying, I was not able to find any Sun Stone in the region.

It's on Route 12 west of Chargy City. I'm not sure when you can access it, at the very earliest possibly after you get all the badges.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Doing a nuzlocke on this been going ok so far (Although rip Elizabeth the nidoqueen and Grim the Banette and a few others i didnt care for too much) Team rn is the snorlax (broken as hell gave him the evolite from a quest as a munchlax and he carried me) Delphox, Gyarados, Leavanny, and a hoothoot i use for flying im on the Mt. Distort part rn
    Couple of problems ive seen though:
    -Not many items you can find i was almost always broke because i didnt find things to sell and trainers didnt give much money first big sellable was a big pearl on Lost Island and thats after the 7th gym
    -The menu screen is bugged out at the bottom behind the letters
    -Quest girl on the bridge brings you to a forest then stalls out after you move to her so you have to restart your game and quest guy below the bridge on the island just says "QUEST" and does nothing
    -Haven't seen to much of a variety of pokemon mostly normal types and a few common things laying around especially on the first routes (route 1 and 2 are fine thats just starter routes its the ones after that dont give much) was pretty difficult to get up a decent that had coverage and wouldnt get killed
    -This is more of a personal gripe so not to big of a problem: Theres not really any good place to level up late game, getting pretty tough fighting the grunts with strong pokemon at this point and i cant really get on their level to well (level curve has been pretty fine i just started to fall behind slightly) Been grinding in the ghost tower and the late game patter woods and those arent even at level 30 while im fighting levels 40 grunts

Other than these things been a pretty decent game so far hope i don't die prematurely before i beat it :p

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    So I'm having a pretty major graphical issue or two with this game. It looks and plays really well, but when I check out my Pokemon's information (start menu, then select a Pokemon and hit A), the game goes to a black screen and it starts blasting noise (like I yanked a GBA cartridge out of the handheld).

I then tried to download the patch on its own (I was using a pre-patched version from another site) and I was unable to open the RAR file. It was odd for me, and I'm not sure what happened to cause it. (If it helps, I'm playing m-GBA, since I feel it gives the most authentic GBA experience).

Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Sorry if i shouldnt make a second post after another but update to nuzlocke and couple more things i saw and remembered
    Beat nuzlocke everything died except leavanny and snorlax coming in clutch on the champion battle so i won :D
    Extra problems,
    -Lots of random dead-ends in the map like im able to walk around trees or random rocks and I think I found a secret but theres nothing hidden like an item or something
    -On a rock in Oldale town i happened to click it and found 48 masterballs....so thats a thing
    -Couple map bugs here and there like in the snowy city (Chargy i think) i was able to access it way earlier then i shoulda cause an officer bugged out and i was able to walk close enough to fly in (tho i didnt do this to avoid breaking it)
    -Personal thing here: Why does almost every single pokemon gotta have confuse ray/swagger >_> its so annoying getting rnged. I would understand strong sets of moves but not just smacking myself in the face over and over again

And thats about it from my playthrough of this
    Solid maps and really nice cutscene work, Just still a little buggy (it is beta version), areas need to be fixed up, and a couple of places reworked pokemon wise.
    Level curve was pretty nice, wasent difficult too much. Ended off with level 50s and fighting level 50s with minimal grinding for levels
    Couple puzzle type things woulda been kinda nice like the Victory Road being somewhat of a maze instead of a huge gauntlet of trainers (had to run back out two or three times to heal)
    Thx for reading :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    So I'm having a pretty major graphical issue or two with this game. It looks and plays really well, but when I check out my Pokemon's information (start menu, then select a Pokemon and hit A), the game goes to a black screen and it starts blasting noise (like I yanked a GBA cartridge out of the handheld).

I then tried to download the patch on its own (I was using a pre-patched version from another site) and I was unable to open the RAR file. It was odd for me, and I'm not sure what happened to cause it. (If it helps, I'm playing m-GBA, since I feel it gives the most authentic GBA experience).

Thank you.

It's optimized for VBA pretty much. I didn't encounter those specific issues on VBA, but the game's still buggy in other areas.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Just finished the 4th Gym.

I love the game, very nice and plays well (encountered a gamebreaking glitch when accepting a quest, but battled a wild Pokémon and the glitch disappeared).

The routes are tiny, the Pokédex doesn't work and it graphically glitchy when opened, some cries are messed up, the music is kinda low volume. But, other than that, I am enjoying the game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2023
    The TMs are not really reusable - I used Shock Wave and it disappeared

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
    Years
  • The TMs are not really reusable - I used Shock Wave and it disappeared
    The bug is caused by one of the reasons listed on the thread, since the build the patch is made from (and which was used for the beta testing too) has them reuseable

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hopefully you get the bugs that have been reported fixed and release a updated patch with the fixes, because I want to be sure that I can finish the game with the least amount of bugs present as I'm enjoying the hack.

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Where do I go after getting the 7th badge and beating Team Void? It looks like the next place I need to go is blocked off because of an avalanche.

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
    Years
  • Where do I go after getting the 7th badge and beating Team Void? It looks like the next place I need to go is blocked off because of an avalanche.

After stepping out of the gym, you are supposed to get an event which gives you where to go, if that didn't happen that's a bug that is because of the game, because many people already finished the game

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It probably did tell me where to go but after taking a couple weeks off from playing I must have just forgot.

Back