• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Saiph - The VytroVerse Part 1 (Full Game released!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    I've just beaten the e4 and i must say this was a short but fun game. It has some very pretty graphics, an unique style for a 3rd gen hack. However, there are some issues I would like to point out:

- you can be hit by any attack while using dig
    - that there is no place to buy tms and evolutionary stones, and very few are given to you throughout the game.
    - the areas where every npc has the same dialogue makes the game feel rushed and unpolished
    - once I saw the game had sidequest I was thrilled, but then I found only 3 more and one was the one that crashes the game. I was expecting more
    - the reason why the champion is the champion makes no sense to me
    - the hall of fame shows wrong pokemon
    But all those things are nothing compared to the fact that I trained a machoke from level 14 to mid 40s, assuming that he evolved by level up or with some kind of stone like in every hack, only to learn that he wouldn't evolve. That was really dissapointing.

Despite all those issues I enjoyed the game and I thank you for making it.
    Cheers

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Can someone tell me how i'm supposed to evolve kadabra and Magmar? In magmar's case, do I need to find a magamarizer? Can anyone confirm that?

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
    Years
    I've just beaten the e4 and i must say this was a short but fun game. It has some very pretty graphics, an unique style for a 3rd gen hack. However, there are some issues I would like to point out:

- you can be hit by any attack while using dig
    - that there is no place to buy tms and evolutionary stones, and very few are given to you throughout the game.
    - the areas where every npc has the same dialogue makes the game feel rushed and unpolished
    - once I saw the game had sidequest I was thrilled, but then I found only 3 more and one was the one that crashes the game. I was expecting more
    - the reason why the champion is the champion makes no sense to me
    - the hall of fame shows wrong pokemon
    But all those things are nothing compared to the fact that I trained a machoke from level 14 to mid 40s, assuming that he evolved by level up or with some kind of stone like in every hack, only to learn that he wouldn't evolve. That was really dissapointing.

Despite all those issues I enjoyed the game and I thank you for making it.
    Cheers

Thank you for the detailed critique ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2020
    I'm having a few issues when running the rom,
    im using visualboy advance but it doesn't recognize the file.
    does anyone know what emulator to use or how to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2022
    I lost to Team Void at their base, before i when in healing at pokecentre
    now i am stuck
    cant go to the lost island anymore
    anyone can help?

Vytron

Years
    I'm having a few issues when running the rom,
    im using visualboy advance but it doesn't recognize the file.
    does anyone know what emulator to use or how to fix this?

Because its a ups file

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    Hey Vytron, is there any documentation on altered things like stats, ablities and moves? I mean, to be honest, to find out the new ablities is quite funny, like Bunnelby with Huge Power, Natu with Magic Bounce and of course Fennekin with Magic Guard, but it can also be frustrating, like I searched quite a while for a Drifloon with Unburden to find out, there is no Unburden, even though there are even 6th Gen abilites like Gale Wings for Fletchling. The thing is: With altered stats and moves it's probably frustrating most of the time, like Combee having a high Special Attack and then Vespiquen having a high Attack and Speed is pretty unpredictable imo. So it would be really nice to have some sort of documentation on altered things!
    Edit: Oh, I also encountered a bug: When you evolve Combee into Vespiquen, the level gets reseted to level you encountered it!

Vytron

Years
    Hey Vytron, is there any documentation on altered things like stats, ablities and moves? I mean, to be honest, to find out the new ablities is quite funny, like Bunnelby with Huge Power, Natu with Magic Bounce and of course Fennekin with Magic Guard, but it can also be frustrating, like I searched quite a while for a Drifloon with Unburden to find out, there is no Unburden, even though there are even 6th Gen abilites like Gale Wings for Fletchling. The thing is: With altered stats and moves it's probably frustrating most of the time, like Combee having a high Special Attack and then Vespiquen having a high Attack and Speed is pretty unpredictable imo. So it would be really nice to have some sort of documentation on altered things!
    Edit: Oh, I also encountered a bug: When you evolve Combee into Vespiquen, the level gets reseted to level you encountered it!

Hello, there isn't a documentation for those things.
    Hmm that's a weird bug I have seen something similar in Light Platinum once, but I don't know what could cause it

Vytron

Years
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    So I found this post about this game on reddit and just thought, that the humongous "answer" of ComaOfSouls probably won't be read, I mean, look at the title, so it would be cool to share it here for everyone interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonHallOfFame/comments/dzgbjz/saiph_its_not_gloom_its_samurott/
    PS: It doesn't mean, I share this opinion!

I'm ComaOfSouls on Reddit, I made a somewhat condensed and loose set of comments earlier in this thread.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10090416#post10090416

It seemed to have went unnoticed. No change in opinion since then.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2020
    hey guys so i downloaded the game and patched it to firered version 1.0 when i encounter a wild pokemon the game becomes slow very slow but when i battle trainers it is normal

Back