• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
  • Shiny Gold has been a really good hack, but beta 6 will have some good features on it, and it's going to be awesome.
    And who knows, it might win Hack of the year. :)
    Anyway, good luck Zel, I can't wait for beta 6.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • Battle tower

Hey zel,
    if the battle tower is too hard to make, you could make it so the level depends on the pokemon you have.

ie
    very hard (highest levels)-you have legendaries w/ you

hard-final stage of stage three pokemon and the stronger 2 stage pokemon

medium-second stage pokemon and average strength un-evolved pokemon

easy-weak unevolved pokemon

very easy(lowest levels)-pokemon that have very low stats or terrible move pool (ie sunkern, magikarp, the catapillers, etc.)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • How Can I ReMake Your Script :D, your script will help me very much :D

What do you mean with "remake your script"?

Quick question (maybe add it to the FAQ? :o ) : What moveset do the Pokemon use? I.e which of the games do their list of learned attacks come from?

Same as FR, as it was said. And about the discussion about the movesets, they'll stay as in FR, part because yeah, I'm a bit lazy, and part because I think it's not a big loss from Gold. At least I think they've probably improved the movesets from Gold to FR, but that's just an opinion.

Of course, keep the maze's difficulty, but perhaps make that one part accessible by surfing, so that they can't get stuck there without surf. There's a labeled screenshot at the bottom of this post showing a simple fix. It won't affect the maze structure, I think. As long as that ledge is blocked by water, the player should be fine and won't get stuck, so at least the dark blue square should be covered. The whole light blue area would look better though, IMO.

Spelling and grammar are fine. I didn't notice any glaring errors in those areas. I myself don't mind most of the extra's dialogues, and their consistent appearances everywhere. The only ones that got me were Jess and Jamie. They seemed, unnatural, for some reason. Oh well.

They are supposed to be funny, so it's not like their dialogues have to make too much sense. Or... Do Jesse and James dialogues in the anime make too much sense? :\

About the puzzle solution, seems like that works. But it'd be better if you send it on a PM, because I'm quite forgetful.

And zel, Cleanse Tag doesn't work.

I didnt do anything to it, so I cannot give you an answer...

Zel, can you answer me this: What's rarer, Hoenn pokemon, Shiny pokemon or Legendary dogs (after you've freed them)?

The order IceCharizard gave you: shiny->dogs->hoenn->silver only Pokemon.

I think the problem with the dialouge with every person uses the same formula, the rival talks trash about you and challenges you to a battle and then says that he/she'll beat you next time. If you look at every rival in the game exceptfro Amelia, they are lik that.

But... Isnt like that on every other Pokemon game? At least here it's not like all the rivals talk then battle and then talk and go away. A few of them just come say something (sometimes useless) and then keep up with their life.

I'm the one doing the LP thread over on GameSpite, so I thought I might as well address this issue directly. I've greatly enjoyed the hack so far and its interesting to see your new take on the old game. My issue with the dialog (the main reason why I've dreaded fighting CARLOS, ARD, etc) is that it just feels, I don't know, unnatural. The use of light swear words ("crap") and copious ellipses ("...") just doesn't fit with the style of writing in the rest of the game. My suggestion would be to possibly have a native speaker of English proofread and edit your additions before the final release of your hack.

Anyways, I wish you continued success in your efforts! This has by far been the highest quality Pokemon hack I've played through, even in this beta state.

Dont forget that Carlos is a bit older character (of around 17) so, you cant expect him to act like a little kid and be a good boy, so sometimes he will unavoidabily come up with some light swear words (which I think all of you use, dont act innocent! >.<), so I dont know why that'd make him look unnatural. That's just the way a grown up person acts (besides he has my personality, so at least that's how I act)
    In terms of grammar stuff, if you look at my way of posting, you can notice that they use the same way of talking, with elipses and that kind of things. I cannot avoid it, as that's how I talk and will of course be reflected in the game. Dont know if I want to change that, because I like to have my personal touch in the game.

Anyway, Carlos and Ard (following your example) are supposed to be weird people, with maybe some mental problem (specially Ard >o<), so I can use that as an excuse for all the weird things they do (but I thought that's what should make you more motivated to beat them, or not? :\)

...no good I can't think of much. Except the new region. That's mostly secret right? I was wondering how you get there, the SS Anne, the Bulletrain (I can imagine it going over the sea). Otherwise, meh, keep going, remake Gold, Nintendo haven't done anything and their sitting on a Goldmine, keep on going.
    Yeah...

Since it's some islands, the only way to get access there is by ship (as usual), it'd be cool if it were by plane, but, nope, the islands are not that developed in technology.

i found a bule key in ice path wat is it for

You sure it wasnt a Blue Flute? Cause there's one around there.

hey Zel
    Will beta 6 be the final beta?

Nope, there's another release after that, which will include the next region-islands-whatever, and probably a couple more small releases just to fix some bugs or add minor stuff.

zel i love this game so much if you ever need help on script ideas for legendarys let me know ive got a lot of great ideas in my head right now

Nope, I have the legendaries alredy thought, and so far I think I have enough ideas for the next part.

Hi Zel, I'm argentinian and I'm study english so I hope you can undertand my question:

in the original gold when you beat red you can fight him once again when you beat the elite 4, so my question is: this thing will happen in the hack or you can only will have one battle with red?

question 2: there will be a thing like a battle tower? because when you beat red you will be with nothing to do.

That's all, sorry if I have some errors because I'm only in 3rd year of english and I need some more time to speak english correctly -.-

Bye bye, Kabe ;)

Yeah, after you talk to Oak (after beating the eight Kanto Gyms), he'll give you access to Mt.Silver, where you can battle Red. But after battling him, he'll disappear until you beat the whole E4 (but for getting to the second round of the E4 you need to finish a new event first)

Zel, I'm not sure if you know this but you can now run scripts on entering a map from AM (Advance Map) , it's not essential for things like the first event with your mom or the laboratory (Although it would be nice) , but it would probably be for the best if you were to edit Blackthorn Gym's "reset boulders".

Sorry if you already have, I don't want to play it until it's all done.

Good luck!

Yes, I know that. There're a lot of scripts around which should be using it, so I'm not changing that till I'm more close to finishing the game.

Hey everybody,

I'm very impressed about this game.
    It's more than "Pokémon Gold", it's just fantastic!

Hm, by the way I have a question:
    I have played around the National Park and found the "secret" place and obtained a Treecko. At the moment, Treecko is level 23. The problem, I can't evolve it!

Why isnt Treecko evoling? :(

I wonder if you have received the National Pokedex. Also, what about the other Pokemon? Do the Johto and other Hoenn evolve?
    Because it sounds as if you have a patching problem. Have you used the (U) version of FR? Dont forget that the one that says 1.1 doesnt work.

Please, check out all those things, because there are a lot of things that you could be doing wrong.

I must say...this hack is just awesome! I can't play it, but using E-Map to view the maps makes me wish I had a better computer!

I suggest you Advance Map.

Hey zel,
    if the battle tower is too hard to make, you could make it so the level depends on the pokemon you have.

ie
    very hard (highest levels)-you have legendaries w/ you

hard-final stage of stage three pokemon and the stronger 2 stage pokemon

medium-second stage pokemon and average strength un-evolved pokemon

easy-weak unevolved pokemon

very easy(lowest levels)-pokemon that have very low stats or terrible move pool (ie sunkern, magikarp, the catapillers, etc.)

I dont know, because I'd like to know how the original Battle Tower of FR works. It'd be really useful if we could do battles just like the ones that happen in the Battle Tower.

That's why, if someone has some time to mess up with that, go ahead. I'll have to do it as well sometime in the future. If I find anything, I'll let you know.
    Oh, by the way, I still havent tried messing with XSE on the scripts there. Anyone tried?

Why can't you make Krystal a rival in this game? WHY WHY!!!

Because that'd be like the same as in RSE. Battling your other gender as a rival. I dont want to repeat that, and we have enough rivals already.

---

So that's it. On the next post (today) I'll start to talk about the next minigame, which is already completed (video is also already uploaded, but I'll post the link only when I make that post explaining the whole minigame)

wildarms001

Random Supporter
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    how about the main game zel? any update in new event or something related to the story?

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
  • Zel said:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by o0oBahamuto0o
    How Can I ReMake Your Script :D, your script will help me very much :D

What do you mean with "remake your script"?
    I think he means use it for his hack. Or at least modify it and then use it...

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    But... Isnt like that on every other Pokemon game? At least here it's not like all the rivals talk then battle and then talk and go away. A few of them just come say something (sometimes useless) and then keep up with their life.
    That's the problem, your hack is too simalar to Nintendo's dialouge. Try spicing it up a little, people are already bored with Nintendo's forumla, stra off the beaten track. Two Cliches in one sentience:P

El Moss

General Cool Guy
    Years
  • That's the problem, your hack is too simalar to Nintendo's dialouge. Try spicing it up a little, people are already bored with Nintendo's forumla, stra off the beaten track. Two Cliches in one sentience:P

Nah, I like it how it is, it has to seem moderately like Gold and that means the same atmosphere, at least that's how I see it...

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
    Years
  • guys no one dare criticize this master piece i love everything about this game its the first and best hack ive ever played from the story to added features i love it all anyone who dosent like it is just a well uhhhhh i dont think i should say it so ill leave it at that

Nikko.Ideator

Black FC: 2022 7801 5735
    Years
  • Well, isn't the point of ShinyGold to be, like, I dunno, a GSC remake (Sarcasm)?

It's supposed to be remaking Gold because Nintendo remade Red and Green, which aren't quite as great as GSC, so zel remade GSC. It's supposed to be like that...

And also, everyone, how about ignoring:

A. Requests for game advice, because there's a perfectly good thread in the Scrapbox for that?

B. Anyone that reports the "Killing PC's glitch". We've heard that so many times, we don't need to hear it again. Zel's already aware of it. He even posted it in the first post for crying out loud!

C. People that come on and just say something like "omg i love this hack i played it and it's great 5 stars lol keep going zel", because it's not constructive, and it the Hacks Showcase Rules even say you have to post constructively in these threads.

That way, we'll have less noobs spamming up the thread. The only reason we have so many is because people are giving them a reason to STAY and spam it up (Game questions and reporting bugs that are already in the attention of zel), and then complain about it.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Run for the hills! Zel is posting twice on the same day on his own thread!!! XD Anyway, it really has been a while since I've done that :P

zel is in beta 6 gary the gym leader of virdan city?

Obviously, else I'd be affecting one of the most important events of the story in Kanto.

Did a new remix... This time of the Lucky Channel/Game Corner theme...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aW-v2Zk-1A

I think the drums are getting "overwritten" by the other instruments. Can you try to see if you can make them sound for a longer time? (I think it may be related to the volume of the other instruments, or with having too many instruments sounding)
    Drums are important in a music, we cant allow them to not exist.

That's the problem, your hack is too simalar to Nintendo's dialouge. Try spicing it up a little, people are already bored with Nintendo's forumla, stra off the beaten track. Two Cliches in one sentience:P

As people were already saying, even if I dont like and complain about their style, I want to keep this as close to what they do (but, in what the characters will say, I'll put my touch there)

Well, isn't the point of ShinyGold to be, like, I dunno, a GSC remake (Sarcasm)?

It's supposed to be remaking Gold because Nintendo remade Red and Green, which aren't quite as great as GSC, so zel remade GSC. It's supposed to be like that...

And also, everyone, how about ignoring:

A. Requests for game advice, because there's a perfectly good thread in the Scrapbox for that?

B. Anyone that reports the "Killing PC's glitch". We've heard that so many times, we don't need to hear it again. Zel's already aware of it. He even posted it in the first post for crying out loud!

C. People that come on and just say something like "omg i love this hack i played it and it's great 5 stars lol keep going zel", because it's not constructive, and it the Hacks Showcase Rules even say you have to post constructively in these threads.

That way, we'll have less noobs spamming up the thread. The only reason we have so many is because people are giving them a reason to STAY and spam it up (Game questions and reporting bugs that are already in the attention of zel), and then complain about it.

I already tend to ignore all of those posts. But about C... If they just want to say something nice, I guess it's ok. Why would we forbid them to express an opinion? But, just to let you know, even though I'll be grateful, I wont be replying to those messages.

why does the pc get full of bad eggs when i use a cheat?

Because cheats are bad. Dont use them D:<

---

Alright, the next minigame is finished so here's the video, just in case you havent look at it on the tube previously:

Click Me! Naranja Falls Minigame Video

MINI-GAME No.4
    "Falling down the Naranja Falls"

Before I start, yeah, Naranja is the same word as Sergio's hack, in fact, consider it like some kind of tribute ;)

Well, the idea is really simple. Somewhere (which I'll not say where) you'll reach this location with this long waterfall. A guy will stop you to explain you how it works (and to give you the needed protective gear)
    Pick where to start falling from and you'll face 14 rows of obstacles. If you hit a rock, it's game over, and you'll get warped at the bottom of the waterfall (and if you want to go back up, you'll have to go through a somewhat long cave, because Waterfall HM doesnt work here), but, along the way, you may find items and money. The prizes (for both) will get better as you progress more, but obviously there will be more obstacles as well.

If you happen to survive all the rows of obstacles (not an easy thing to do, that's for sure X_x), you'll get a reward which is a random stat booster (a pp up is also in the rewards list), so I guess this makes this minigame more interesting, right? :D

Well, check out the video, and if you have questions, I'll answer them, as long as they dont spoil too much.

---

I dont want to make another post, so, to the people below:

@Apple: No, it looks awful to put videos on the posts. That's why I'm not doing it. If they want to check out the video, they click the link and that's it.

@Semblance: Well, the thing is that his story is quite mysterious. I'm leaving open the thing of, perhaps in a future (hack) tell a bit more about his past... :D

@Magnius: Oh, intentional? lol
    But, as I said, drums are important, try to put them (as long as they sound good, it'll be good enough to be inserted)

Last edited:

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • Hey zel, why not embed the videos like this:
    [youtube]/v/fczguNt3aRU&hl=en&fs=1[/youtube]

Result:

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    As people were already saying, even if I dont like and complain about their style, I want to keep this as close to what they do (but, in what the characters will say, I'll put my touch there)
    Well you can keep the whole trash talk-crying thing but how about add a little in the end. Exploit Carlos's emotional side, ex. Why is he always so angry?

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Run for the hills! Zel is posting twice on the same day on his own thread!!! XD Anyway, it really has been a while since I've done that :P

Obviously, else I'd be affecting one of the most important events of the story in Kanto.

I think the drums are getting "overwritten" by the other instruments. Can you try to see if you can make them sound for a longer time? (I think it may be related to the volume of the other instruments, or with having too many instruments sounding)
    Drums are important in a music, we cant allow them to not exist.

I already tend to ignore all of those posts. But about C... If they just want to say something nice, I guess it's ok. Why would we forbid them to express an opinion? But, just to let you know, even though I'll be grateful, I wont be replying to those messages.

Because cheats are bad. Dont use them D:<

---

Alright, the next minigame is finished so here's the video, just in case you havent look at it on the tube previously:

Click Me! Naranja Falls Minigame Video

MINI-GAME No.4
    "Falling down the Naranja Falls"

Before I start, yeah, Naranja is the same word as Sergio's hack, in fact, consider it like some kind of tribute ;)

Well, the idea is really simple. Somewhere (which I'll not say where) you'll reach this location with this long waterfall. A guy will stop you to explain you how it works (and to give you the needed protective gear)
    Pick where to start falling from and you'll face 14 rows of obstacles. If you hit a rock, it's game over, and you'll get warped at the bottom of the waterfall (and if you want to go back up, you'll have to go through a somewhat long cave, because Waterfall HM doesnt work here), but, along the way, you may find items and money. The prizes (for both) will get better as you progress more, but obviously there will be more obstacles as well.

If you happen to survive all the rows of obstacles (not an easy thing to do, that's for sure X_x), you'll get a reward which is a random stat booster (a pp up is also in the rewards list), so I guess this makes this minigame more interesting, right? :D

Well, check out the video, and if you have questions, I'll answer them, as long as they dont spoil too much.
    Well the absence of drums in those parts was intentional, but if you want me to add them in I can.

Back