• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I'm sure this glitch was fixed yesterday. Maybe you should try to download the patch again and patch it to a clean rom to see if that glitch is still there.

I updated my ROM with the latest patch and reached the point of the Rocket hideout in Mahogany town after Catching the Red Gyarados. After Lance locked aside one of the rockets and opened up the staircase, you can still talk to the vendor and buy items from him. It isn't harmful or anything from what I can tell, it's just an inconsistency.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I updated my ROM with the latest patch and reached the point of the Rocket hideout in Mahogany town after Catching the Red Gyarados. After Lance locked aside one of the rockets and opened up the staircase, you can still talk to the vendor and buy items from him. It isn't harmful or anything from what I can tell, it's just an inconsistency.
I think it was zel who decided to ignore that part. I think I need to stay away from it to make sure it won't cause any new glitches.

I still remember how much I liked this game. This is why I decided to make a fixed version of this hack which contains a whole Kanto Region. I know someone else tried to do the same thing, but all of them tried to change the original things in this hack. This makes me think I should make a fixed version in which all the creators' ideas are perfectly preserved. So, here it is. A faithfully fixed Pokemon Shiny Gold Beta5.
The following glitches are fixed:
A small cave in Ice Path is glitched.
The glitched border tiles of Route 2.
You can still enter Safari Zone even though you lost your Pokemon.
The following things are added by me:
Gold/Silver style Pewter City, Route 3, Mt. Moon, Vermilion City, Route 1, Pallet Town, Route 21, Cinnabar Island, Route 20, Route 19.
Trainer Tower, secret areas where you can catch Mewtwo, Rayquazza and Regirock after Red is defeated. (All these things are based on the creator's original map.)
Rival's events in Mt. Moon, Indigo Plateau and Dragon's Den.
Some screenshots:
TmTk7GF.png

Here's the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips
I updated this patch to fix a small map glitch on Route 22. It's a very, very minor glitch, so it is not important at all. You don't have to update it if you already have the previous patch in which the Route 32 PokeCenter glitch was fixed.
The old link still works:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I think it was zel who decided to ignore that part. I think I need to stay away from it to make sure it won't cause any new glitches.

I updated this patch to fix a small map glitch on Route 22. It's a very, very minor glitch, so it is not important at all. You don't have to update it if you already have the previous patch in which the Route 32 PokeCenter glitch was fixed.
The old link still works:

So, I reached the part where Ashlee the Pokéthief stoles my badges. After retrieving them, I decided to go through my bag because I wanted to teach a Pokemon of mine a TM and found that all my TM's
Vanished. All my HMS are still there but none of my TMS. I believe this bug also existed in Shiny Gold Sigma. Is there a possible fix for this?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
So, I reached the part where Ashlee the Pokéthief stoles my badges. After retrieving them, I decided to go through my bag because I wanted to teach a Pokemon of mine a TM and found that all my TM's
Vanished. All my HMS are still there but none of my TMS. I believe this bug also existed in Shiny Gold Sigma. Is there a possible fix for this?
I don't think Ashlee's script can cause that. As far as I know, that script didn't really change anything including the amount of your badges. So, there's no way it can cause any glitches like that. I tested my game when I finished this patch and this didn't happen to me, are you sure that those TMs are not in your bag? Can you find them under the HMs?

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I don't think Ashlee's script can cause that. As far as I know, that script didn't really change anything including the amount of your badges. So, there's no way it can cause any glitches like that. I tested my game when I finished this patch and this didn't happen to me, are you sure that those TMs are not in your bag? Can you find them under the HMs?

I'm very sure about this. I just went through my bag and voila, they are all gone. I didn't even use cheats in this Hack, so I'm not sure as to how this happened. This isn't the first time this has happened to me as well, Shiny gold sigma too has the TM vanishing bug and after all, it's based on the original shiny gold as a base.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I'm very sure about this. I just went through my bag and voila, they are all gone. I didn't even use cheats in this Hack, so I'm not sure as to how this happened. This isn't the first time this has happened to me as well, Shiny gold sigma too has the TM vanishing bug and after all, it's based on the original shiny gold as a base.
Okay, this is so strange. Can I ask you some questions? Did you check your bag before Ashlee's event, if you did, were your TMs still there before the event? If you are not sure, please tell me when was the last time you checked your TMs before they disappear? And what did you do before you realized that you lost your TMs? Please answer me so that I can find out what caused this.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Okay, this is so strange. Can I ask you some questions? Did you check your bag before Ashlee's event, if you did, were your TMs still there before the event? If you are not sure, please tell me when was the last time you checked your TMs before they disappear? And what did you do before you realized that you lost your TMs? Please answer me so that I can find out what caused this.

To be honest, the last thing I did before this incident happened was actually sell a TM or two and I'm very sure that I didn't sell all of them because I was keeping return in my bag in case I wanted to use a dodorio on my team. The TMS cabished after beating Ashlee and truth be told, the same happened in shiny gold sigma at around the same area.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
To be honest, the last thing I did before this incident happened was actually sell a TM or two and I'm very sure that I didn't sell all of them because I was keeping return in my bag in case I wanted to use a dodorio on my team. The TMS cabished after beating Ashlee and truth be told, the same happened in shiny gold sigma at around the same area.
I tested that part just now, and nothing happened to my TMs. This is strange, I guess this glitch only happens to a few people. So, I have no idea about how to fix this now, because I can't even reproduce this glitch in my game. I'm so sorry for that.

How long until this is completed?
If you are talking about the original one, it has 13 badges,the beta ends after you reached Route 2, If you are talking about my fixed version, it has 16 badges. Johto and Kanto are completed.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I tested that part just now, and nothing happened to my TMs. This is strange, I guess this glitch only happens to a few people. So, I have no idea about how to fix this now, because I can't even reproduce this glitch in my game. I'm so sorry for that.

If you are talking about the original one, it has 13 badges,the beta ends after you reached Route 2, If you are talking about my fixed version, it has 16 badges. Johto and Kanto are completed.

Aye man! Please don't apologise. What you are doing is breathtaking in the community. Be it making or fixing a hac, it takes a lot of effort and you've done so much for reviving/polishing old classics. There is no such thing as a perfect product but there are definitely polished ones and you've made several of us Veteran Hack players by reviving Shiny Gold without changing anything that would remove the charm it originally held.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 28, 2020
Hey Guys,
I'm new to this site so sorry if I don't follow proper protocol/etiquette. I just beat Claire and when I went to Dragon's Den, I found that whirlpool will not work. My clamperl has the move "whirlpool" however it does not give me the option to use it outside of battle. It worked previously when I went to whirl islands to catch a horsea. Is it possible to fix this?

Attachments

• whirlpool.png
    whirlpool.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 19

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I still remember how much I liked this game. This is why I decided to make a fixed version of this hack which contains a whole Kanto Region. I know someone else tried to do the same thing, but all of them tried to change the original things in this hack. This makes me think I should make a fixed version in which all the creators' ideas are perfectly preserved. So, here it is. A faithfully fixed Pokemon Shiny Gold Beta5.
Gold/Silver style Pewter City, Route 3, Mt. Moon, Vermilion City, Route 1, Pallet Town, Route 21, Cinnabar Island, Route 20, Route 19.
Trainer Tower, secret areas where you can catch Mewtwo, Rayquazza and Regirock after Red is defeated. (All these things are based on the creator's original map.)
Some screenshots:
TmTk7GF.png

Hey Hacksrepairman, I just wanted to ask if you are planning at Add GSC music to the unofficial completed version that you made. It would be pretty dope because the music would solidify its status as complete. Also, do you plan to make an unofficial update for Shint Gold X?

Years

If you are talking about the original one, it has 13 badges?the beta ends after you reached Route 2, If you are talking about my fixed version, it has 16 badges. Johto and Kanto are completed.

I am having issues getting the IPS patches to work, everytime I patch my Fire Red with the IPS from your site it will not load in VBA, I changed the save to 128 and it still just stays at a white screen, any ideas?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Some screenshots:
TmTk7GF.png

Wow! Thanks man! I can't believe someone finally completed(Well, as much as it possible) original Shiny Gold. Looks like a good reason for me to replay it again

Though I wonder is it possible to replace Green sprite in the intro with a Silver one. It looks a bit strange that silver is different ingame.

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Hello to all of you, especially @hacksrepairman, I have a request lol. In the Introduction, can you Change Gary sprite into Silver sprite? and add fairy type? Good job for this unofficial update of the hack and thank you for completing Johto-Kanto region. And I have a question, is Trainer Red available to battle in Mt. Silver?

Back