• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Pokémon Spear [M] [OOC]

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
1478dc3f4b3e1f2d34d8d17edc6375de.jpg

STAGE 9 - GALAR MINE 2

Spoiler:

Darkness and dismay! The cheery sights of the port city fall into the distance as the graduates of Wedgehurst academy find their way into the treacherous Galar Mine 2. A dark rock cave with glowing crystals, casting dulcet blue reflections across the caves, many localized pools and underground lakes.

A different atmosphere from its counterpart, while the first mine has the aura of a workers drive to dig deep, the second reflects the glistening darkness of the unknown. A factor readily represented by the people and pokémon hiding therein. The Black Suits, a mysterious conglomeration of well dressed megalomaniacs have been conducting dastardly deeds across Galar, their twisted dark balls in hand, they've captured pokémon against their will and many speculate it is their actions that have lead to the sudden surge of strange, twisted pokémon, wreathed in red and black smoke.

Now that group convenes here, in Galar Mine 2, for their biggest operation yet, with a mysterious task from a greater evil in hand, they work to fulfil their nefarious aims... only for our heroes to arrive at just the same hour.

With a clash inevitable and a resolution imminent, what dark secrets will be revealed..? And will our heroes even survive to tell them? The story of Spear continues...

WILD POKÉMON AVAILABLE THIS STAGE

diglett.gif
woobat.gif
drilbur.gif
rolycoly.gif
zubat.gif

geodude.gif
sandshrew.gif
shuckle.gif
shellos.gif
croagunk.gif

scraggy.gif
binacle.gif
noibat.gif
wimpod.gif

barboach.gif
corphish.gif
chewtle.gif
stunfisk-galar.gif

Pokémon Available to those on Mission 1:
gastrodon.gif

Pokémon Available to those on Mission 4:
onix.gif

MISSIONS:

[JP]★ Mission:
The Black Suits are a group of villains that have been causing trouble all across the region for the passed few months. Using strange, black coloured pokéballs to capture pokémon without any battling, stripping them of their emotions and forcing them into service against their will. With connections to the strange red and black smoke wreathed pokémon also under their belt, they're extremely bad news... and they've gathered here for something big. They can't be allowed to get away with this... but getting involved is a risky business, that may end up costing more than you bargained for.
Reward: 1 x Wishing Star

NOTE:
For this mission, players signing up will be divided into groups depending on how many show interest. Each group will contain a ZM, who will control their own character as well as one of the Black Suits admins for the post.

[CATCH CHANCE!][MULTI] Mission 1:
In a small alcove, to the side and out of the way of the normal path, an old pokémon sits and waits. Gastrodon has been in this mine for as long as it can remember, protecting a treasure placed there by someone it once knew well. The treasure itself is tempting enough, for the money it would fetch alone, but the call of adventure and a challenging opponent may also draw in some travelling trainers. As well as the prospect of a new ally...?
Reward: 1 x String of Pearls

[JP] Mission 2:
Galar Mine 2 is full of reflecting crystals that send light shooting across the walls and through the various lakes of water that dot the cave floor. Of these crystals one is said to be especially precious, a prismatic gem that changes colour and ability based on factors we cannot understand. When broken away, it becomes a stone with the powers it last reflected. A valuable thing for sure, popular with collectors and wild pokémon alike, will you be the one to claim this prize?
Reward: 1 x Fire Stone, Water Stone, Thunder Stone, Leaf Stone or Ice Stone

[OPEN] Mission 3:
Walking about in the mine, you find someone on the ground in pain, holding their leg and taking deep breaths. You ask what's wrong and see a nasty bite along their calf. They cry bloody murder, saying a pokémon is to blame, one that hid on the ground in wait like a trap and lured him in with what he thought was a pokéball. Lies and slander, it was a devious trick, he wants to see this violent prankster brought to justice!
Reward: 1 x Ultra Ball

[CATCH CHANCE! Mission 4:
Deep within the caves, many a crossing tunnel is dug by travelling pokémon in the wild. Onix is a pokémon in Galar that rarely shows its face, preferring the dark and dank caves to the brighter outdoors. Solitary creatures, Onix rarely cross their tunnels on purpose. Though the odd unfortunate collision does occur… and that seems to be exactly what's happening a few floors below. When two Onix get tangled and start to tussle the results can be truly terrible, try to triumph over this turbulent turf war without the tables turning against you!
Reward: 1 x Hard Stone

Mission 5:
Shuckle is a strange pokémon, that's for certain. Collector Borris knows this, but it's still by far his favourite. Its offences might be weak, but its defense can't be beat! Not to mention, Shuckle has the unique ability to produce berry juice within its shell, a very nutritious treat for growing pokémon. Eager to show off his prized partner, Borris is challenging all contenders to a friendly 1v1 battle with Shuckle. Anyone who participates, win or lose, will get some pre-made berry juice for the road!
Reward: 2 x Berry Juice

Mission 6:
Rail staff guy Geoff has been downing a little too much "fermented razz juice" on the job again and is rambling about some nonsense. He swears he saw an oversized Bunnelby, not a Diggersby, handing out chocolate eggs to everyone in sight. This, obviously, can't be the case… but then, what DID he see? Might be worth looking into.
Reward: 1 x Lucky Egg

Mission 7:
The Galar Railways Conglomerate (GRC) is a booming business offering one of the most popular and affordable forms of public transport in the region and making a killing doing it. They've been trying to secure passage in Galar Mine 2 for some time since the dissolution of many of Macro Cosmos assets… but local archaeologists are vehemently opposed. They claim that the rail companies' efforts will ruin the ecosystem and could bury important historical findings from the regions passed. It's progress versus history here and someone needs to tip the scales… which side are you on?
Reward: 1 x Lifetime Rail Pass OR 1 x Explorer Kit

NOTE 2:
Due to the involved JP mission with ties to the main story, the number of other missions this stage is less than usual. This is so that players that join the ★ Mission may focus primarily on the aforementioned's progress. For players not interested in joining the ★ Mission, we hope this will not be an inconvenience and encourage you to create custom missions if none of the pre-written missions appeal to you.

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Note to players:

All those interested in the [JP]★ Mission, sign up for it in this thread. Once interested in taking part is gathered, the ZMs will split participating players into their groups. Your input in who you wish to JP with will be taken into account, but be aware that if circumstances don't allow, you may not get everyone in your group that you might want. Be prepared to work with the group your assigned to.

It's like a group project in school except less bullshit because there's pokémon and we actually listen to what you want to an extent.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
I am gonna go ahead and express my official interest in joining the ★ Mission, can't wait to see what comes of it!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Suppose I'll just be signing up for the [JP]★ Mission. Who I end up with doesn't matter to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Letting go of mission 2. Mission 2 is free for take

context: more people want to do it and I don't specifically need it

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
So I've been compiling a list of all the battle themes I'm planning for Simon VS each of the characters he's met/known so far! I tried to stick to a kind of theme I imagine for each of the characters as well as their relationship with Simon in general. I'll be updating this as I go, this is also a reference for me to go back to later.

VS Val

Hype af and lighthearted, the perfect Val theme - this one was super easy to find and I can't wait to use it

VS Raph

The slow dramatic beginning is great for this one (and the piano) before the hype begins (also fun fact, the song called "I Want to Live")

VS Pia

A theme worthy of the enchantress ofc. Tried to find something that had mystique/elegance to it while maintaining the Simon trumpets (which are a recurring instrument in all of these)

VS Catherine

VIOLINS BABEY (also thought the contrast between the smooth sax/piano and the electric guitar/trumpets was a fun way to describe the clash between Simon and Cath)

VS Melody

My headcanon is that this is just some song Piers wrote because it's so perfect for rockstar girl

VS Jasper

The classic beat from one of my favourite battles ever, Simon vs Jasper - it almost sounds like the electric guitar and trumpets are fighting

VS Aeliana

Another high-energy cheerful one, but feels more dance-y so it fits the dance mom perfectly

VS Ruben

I couldn't NOT include a song that had cheering fans in the background for football boy

VS Haleigh

The start of this bad boy and the absolute intensity throughout (plus the electric guitars) SCREAM haleigh, this should be her theme permanently

VS Sachi

The very first song I listened to while writing Simon vs Sachi, this one has just enough baby energy but is still badass ROCK baby

VS Rosa

Did somebody say aSiAn iNsTrUmEnTs (this song is a fucking BOP)

VS Tristan

This basically a villain theme, which is exactly what tristan is or WOULD be if he SHOWED UP more

VS Tim ("Nigel" persona)

The start of it sounds all intimidating (which is what Nigel is supposed to be) but then you find out it's just friendly ol Tim

Back