• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ttar0914

Years
Today's my birthday, so I should do a little update. I barely did any real work with Theta Emerald EX. School has been getting very hectic. If you guys are upset about the current status of the game right now, I really don't give a damn. If you don't like it, then wait until I get the time to actually work on it. If you're going to act like a spoiled brat and complain, you might as well just leave. Right now, real life is more important than a stupid hack. Like, wow, if you're complaining about a game that was illegally hacked... clearly you need to rethink your life choices, because that's pathetic. The next update will come, only when I get the time and energy to do it. And if you're not patient enough for that, it's clear that you need to grow up. That is all. Cheers ;) -LC

Real life is the most important, everything else is just some background thing. Just focus on school and happy birthday! :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
Today's my birthday, so I should do a little update. I barely did any real work with Theta Emerald EX. School has been getting very hectic. If you guys are upset about the current status of the game right now, I really don't give a damn. If you don't like it, then wait until I get the time to actually work on it. If you're going to act like a spoiled brat and complain, you might as well just leave. Right now, real life is more important than a stupid hack. Like, wow, if you're complaining about a game that was illegally hacked... clearly you need to rethink your life choices, because that's pathetic. The next update will come, only when I get the time and energy to do it. And if you're not patient enough for that, it's clear that you need to grow up. That is all. Cheers ;) -LC

damn dude, don't worry about it. finals are coming up and youll probably have way more time after that, so no need to rush yourself. hope you still had time to party a little bit though :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Happy Birthday LL!

I just wanted to say I love that you increased the max level to 250. It gives me much more play time, because 100 isn't a good cap. I understand it breaks the Battle Resort or whatever, so maybe for those that don't like it, you could create a patch that lowers the max level. I think it's actually possible to do so ourselves using DIzzy's Tool.

Also, I've not run into any glitches so far and I'm 13 hours in.

And for Drain Kiss/Electro Ball, since they cause the game to hang for like an entire minute, you can always just go into the options and turn off Battle scene. It worked for me.

Thanks for your effort man! Keep up the good work!

Fid

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2019

There was absolutely 0 negative posts between your last three or four posts, but you just had to come with an extra rude attitude out of nowhere. You say you got bullied, but I don't see someone bullying you in the last few pages.

Although your hack is nice, your attitude shows that all this "bullying" is your own fault. I was just starting to think you're actually a nice guy, but no, you deserve 0 respect.

Peace. And sorry that I had to write this.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
There was absolutely 0 negative posts between your last three or four posts, but you just had to come with an extra rude attitude out of nowhere. You say you got bullied, but I don't see someone bullying you in the last few pages.

Although your hack is nice, your attitude shows that all this "bullying" is your own fault. I was just starting to think you're actually a nice guy, but no, you deserve 0 respect.

Theta Emerald EX cancelled until further notice. Everyone thank this guy.

LuminousWarrior

Knight In Battle Scarred Armour
Years

Theta Emerald EX cancelled until further notice. Everyone thank this guy.

Okay, I was looking through these posts and, I have to agree with him. As someone who doesn't plan to play this hack and thus has no investment in it, I'm not afraid to call you out just because you might cancel the hack.
Other people acting like "spoiled brats" is part of being a hacker, no matter what you're hacking. People will always complain and ask stupid questions, no matter what you do. And like that guy said, any so-called bullying seems to have been brought on by you. If you need a break from hacking to deal with things in real life, then you say so. The people that matter will understand, and the idiots that think the world revolves around them don't matter. What you don't do, however, is insult the people who do matter by calling them brats and telling them to grow up for having an investment in your hack. And even then, I can see no bullying on this thread. The closest thing I can see to "bullying" is Fid calling you out and Dizzyegg's comment on fixing a certain bug. And from what I can see of Dizzyegg, he seems like the Gordon Ramsey of Pokemon hacking. Besides that, everything that's not a question is nothing but supportive of you and your efforts.
If you plan on quitting your hack because of a few people pointing out your own faults, then that says more about you than anything else. As they say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

How about I don't update it at all until the romhack.me community apologizes for bullying me?

I'm so glad that I decided to browse PokeCommunity today during my hiatus, because it gives me the opportunity to reply to this post with the only response that anyone can possibly make to this statement:

lol.

Trainer 766

And I'm not even surprised. From your last birthday post, I already knew that you wouldn't even hack this any sooner. Seriously, dude, how can you not deal with things that every hacker has to go through? And worst of all, you became what you even told who we are; spoiled brats (hypocrisy?)

And I didn't see bully happening on this thread so far, not much of posts that can be counted as personal attacks. It's just whatever to do with the game itself, and you're the one having an attitude problem. Shame on you.

I'm not even sad that this is cancelled. Honestly, with a hacker like this, the cancellation of this hack has no big impact at all.

Kristofferst

Pokémon Trainer From Hoenn Region
Years
I can do nothing. That's your decision, The LC. But I hope you will continue your hack. Still you have many fans that still waiting for the next update.

Guys, let's understand, love and respect him. Peace.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
Everyday i checked into this thread waiting LC update some info or stuff. i dont know why people making 'good' statement in his perpective and didn't even think what the others feel from your post..

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
So Theta Emerald Ex is canceled indefinitely. As far as I know, it and AtecainCorp's Ruby Renev are the only hacks with every Pokémon from Gen 1−7, plus modern battle engine updates (new moves, abilities, held items, etc).

Catching literally all the Pokémon is in high demand, so it would be great if there were a non-abandoned hack with this feature that doesn't shy away from using assembly to achieve it. If anyone here knows the basics of Gen 3 hacking well enough to combine a few pre-existing patches into one ROM, I believe you can recreate Theta Emerald Ex's features with these:

DizzyEgg's Battle Engine Upgrade:

• All moves (up to Gen VI)
  • All abilities (up to Gen VI)
  • Physical/Special Split
  • Fairy type
  • New battle items
  • Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion
  • Gain Exp from capturing Pokémon

DizzyEgg's Pokemon Expansion:

• 721 Pokémon (Bulbasaur to Volcanion)

DizzyEgg's Items, TMs, Tutor Moves Expansion:

• 100+ TMs
  • Reusable TMs
  • Item Pocket extension

DizzyEgg's Hacked Engine: (noticing a pattern yet?)

• Harder difficulty (EVs)
  • 721 Pokémon (adds their evolution methods)
  • Level 250 (assuming it's not a misfeature)
  • Decapitalization

Pokemon Overworld Form(e) change:

• Forme changes

Other features:

The four Nintendo ticket events would also be nice to have for sensible legendary encounters (I think they just require the right flags set); and PokéCommunity's Quick R&D thread has various neat features (including minor but useful stuff like fixing the Pomeg Berry glitch and the manipulable PRNG). As for Pokémon and item distribution, Dio_Vento's Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire and/or Drayano's Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire may work as references. It would be a real bonus to see OR/AS exclusive content in Gen 3: Sea Mauville, the Mauville Food Court, the expanded Scorched Slab (with Heatran), the whole Delta Episode (which ties into Mega Evolution)...

So, anyone up for starting the next 802 Hack?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 20, 2017
Somebody help me with inis for g3t or g3hs,please help me, thanks and bless

HeavyMecha

Weighed Down By Technology
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 21, 2018
Well... another hack dead.

Guess that's to be expected, since that seems to be happening a lot lately.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Random Question. Not sure if it's a feature or not but is the pokemon in the first slot supposed to get exp even if it's fainted?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I may not know what's going on in your personal life, but LC, you are out of control.

I love your hack, it's the first hack that I've felt that I don't get bored with after beating the Champion and I truly hope you continue to add on to the game. However, here's a couple of the issues I've noticed.

1. You complain about people asking for you to fix bugs. Not only is it your hack and your responsibility, but in the original post you even said you don't want anyone to make ANY modifications to your game, so tell us again how we should go about with this?

2. You've been complaining about others 'bullying' you. Which, by the way is accurate. I did notice some people calling you a bad hacker and starting crap. However, the people you've been replying to negatively are people who have been supporting you. Looking back at the most recent post as of this one, you started a fight with a person who wanted to contribute or give advice and you literally just shoved it down his throat.

My advice to you would be to not only apologize to how you've treated people in a post but take some advice and fix some of the glitches that people are telling you about. I have a feeling you won't do this, but please, prove me wrong.

I'm truly sorry that this went down the way it did, but it's in your hands to fix it.

Back