• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
  • Poll has been added, and I want to know if people want up to gen 6 or up to gen 7. And please, THINK before you vote. Don't vote just because. Be REALISTIC when voting, and understand the definition of LIMITATIONS.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Poll has been added, and I want to know if people want up to gen 6 or up to gen 7. And please, THINK before you vote. Don't vote just because. Be REALISTIC when voting, and understand the definition of LIMITATIONS.

It's a two-option poll. If you think one is option unrealistic and you can't do it, why ask? Are you seriously wondering what people think, or looking for validation?

If Gen 7 Pok?mon are something that you want in your hack, because you want a chance to use the sprites people have made, see your favorite Alolan Pok?mon in Gen 3, or just have the satisfaction of fitting every single Pok?mon into one game, then great. Do it even if nobody asks for them, because you'll enjoy having it. I guarantee you'll get praise and fans for it, if that helps.

If you're totally uninterested in adding Gen 7?maybe you haven't played Sun/Moon, or there are no good places to put them, or all that data entry just doesn't sound worthwhile?then don't. You'll still get the occasional request (or rude demand) for Gen 7, because nothing in your top post says "Gen 1?6 only" and very few people bother to read the whole thread and see what the latest plans are. Deal with it. You have a popular hack with a large audience, some of them will be annoying.

I'd suggest at least adding an FAQ to the top post, explaining what you're working on and what will not be in the game.

(By the way what's up with this? "ANY ILLEGAL CHANGES POSTED ONLINE WILL LEAD TO SUDDEN CANCELLATION AND DELETION OF THIS GAME, INCLUDING UPDATES." We're all here illegally hacking Game Freak's creative work. Ever heard "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"? If someone chooses your ROM as a base for their hack?and why wouldn't they, it's basically DizzyEgg's tools all in one game with the data pre-added, not an original plot?then it's polite to ask permission, but you can't stop them. Why would you stop wanting to make your own creative project, just because someone else is doing their own thing with it? And AFAIK nobody even has, so there's no need to get ALL-CAPS about it. (No, I'm not hacking Theta Emerald EX myself. Don't worry.))

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    (By the way what's up with this? "ANY ILLEGAL CHANGES POSTED ONLINE WILL LEAD TO SUDDEN CANCELLATION AND DELETION OF THIS GAME, INCLUDING UPDATES." We're all here illegally hacking Game Freak's creative work. Ever heard "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"? If someone chooses your ROM as a base for their hack?and why wouldn't they, it's basically DizzyEgg's tools all in one game with the data pre-added (don't know if you used those tools or not, though)?then it's polite to ask permission, but you can't stop them. Why would you want to abandon a project that you like to create, because someone else is doing their own thing with it? And AFAIK nobody even has, so why get so ALL-CAPS about it? (No, I'm not hacking Theta Emerald EX myself. Don't worry.))

I'd also like to add, that if someone chooses your rom and makes modifications to it, you should be happy that people are choosing your mod over say Sigma Emerald or other expanded Emerald roms. I really wish you'd include the ini file one day. That way, I can make Drain Kiss and Electro Ball stop causing the game to hang for an entire minute. I think if you change the animation or give it a blank one, it'll stop. It works for me when I turn off the Battle scene since it skips the animation, unfortunately it does so for ALL moves... Regardless, I'm glad you decided to come back and add others opinions on Gen 7 pokes. (I personally don't want them but that's just me)

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    I'd also like to add, that if someone chooses your rom and makes modifications to it, you should be happy that people are choosing your mod over say Sigma Emerald or other expanded Emerald roms. I really wish you'd include the ini file one day. That way, I can make Drain Kiss and Electro Ball stop causing the game to hang for an entire minute. I think if you change the animation or give it a blank one, it'll stop. It works for me when I turn off the Battle scene since it skips the animation, unfortunately it does so for ALL moves... Regardless, I'm glad you decided to come back and add others opinions on Gen 7 pokes. (I personally don't want them but that's just me)

The LC, need only update the EM battle engine he use. Since DizzyEgg (creator of EM battle engine) update that battle engine. DizzyEgg fixed the drain kiss and other battle-related bugs. I hope The LC will update the battle engine he use and release an update of Theta Emerald EX (that fixed the drain kiss and etc).

And... it is cool and great if someone will make an Emerald 721 or 802 rombase using the DizzyEgg's EM battle engine with G3HS ini, PG3 ini and Expanded Advance Map.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Like i said you decide, if you have the will and the time to introduce gen 7 i will be happy to welcome the new mons, i will be content anyway the hack is already perfect to my eyes aside some debugging necessary

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    And also, The LC, please try and use DizzyEgg's Hacked Engine in the Tools, Tutorials & Resources. It has a feature called Hall of Fame Expanded Pok?mon Fix. I think you know what that means and how to put that feature in the game. Goodluck ;).

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2022
    LC, is that possible to add third abilitys to theta?
    Makes it works Just like Gen 5-7.
    Guess this should be awesome if u can add it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    Hi, is there any issue with the latest update? I patch the rom but when I try to load it, the screen turns white and freezes after the intro. I play it using MyBoy on Android.

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    I believe you can use ORAS to make Pokemon Beta Ebony Phantom v6.0 with Gen 7 materials. haha

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Pokemon Theta Emerald EX is pretty good, so Pokemon Ebony Phantom v5.0 EX+ The Boundless Chaos is an old Pokemon hack. Because Theta Emerald is not only have all of the features which Ebony Phantom have, but also have a lot of features which Ebony Phantom don't have. Then the author of Ebony Phantom has put his Panda Face into his stomach. haha

Trainer 766

I can tell you. I am Airplane in tieba. haha
    Pokemon Theta Emerald EX is pretty good, so Pokemon Ebony Phantom v5.0 EX+ The Boundless Chaos is an old Pokemon hack. Because Theta Emerald is not only have all of the features which Ebony Phantom have, but also have a lot of features which Ebony Phantom don't have. Then the author of Ebony Phantom has put his Panda Face into his stomach. haha

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024

I'm going to attempt what is likely impossible and translate this into human. As some of you may be aware, Panda to English is quite difficult, so bare with me:

Theta emerald EX is very well done. Bravo! If only my own hack (which is very much a cheap knockoff of random hacks) were as half as genuine and unique as yours. Theta emerald not only exceeds at drawing an audience for all the right reasons, but is also the first emerald hack to include 721 Pokes, all abilities, and items. Unfortunately i felt the need to compare my hack to yours and troll because I have a miserable social life and often wonder why no one takes me seriously - And that makes me a saaaaaad panda.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2022
    im about to attempt randomizing theta emerald ex and maybe even randomizing color palette wish me good luck if i can do this im a god.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2017
    Can you make a document showing where all the locations of mega stones, or just making a reply of this?

Last edited:
    Back