• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Revealed

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Said focus on Pokken - which seems like just a port to the Switch - is what worries me! If a port gets more coverage than a main series game, there's either so much to show that they want to cleverly stagger the best info over the next five months, or there's so little that they... want to cleverly stagger what little they have over the next five months. ;b
    I suppose a third reason (and it's probably a mixture of reasons) is that they decided highlighting the first Pokemon game on the Switch, regardless of what it is, was worth being the focus... and perhaps that they feel Pokken did well on the Wii U and will do well again, which is a vote of confidence for it.

Years
  • This new Pokken seems to be advertised in the same manner the original Pokken was. I'm not sure exactly what the significant difference is except maybe a slightly bigger roster with Decidueye and some other Pokemon included, but I'm hesitant to think that content would be a reason for lack of more exposure with USUM. It's probably more of a teaser since TPCi knows that people care a lot about main series games and it's just dangling the bait for the fanbase to see what's going to come over the next few months.

In other words, I'm taking it for face value and not looking any deeper than that.

You do have a point since I do agree that Pokken was the main focus of the Direct as well. Leaving US/UM without any info known in the trailer is a nice way to tease new info to come in the next 4-5 months anyway, since trailers will be covering a lot of that.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I support this, since the confusion is so annoying.

I feel they won't show much, but I do hope we get some gameplay footage. However, considering that the games were only just announced, they may not. CoroCoro could cover new info if E3 doesn't though.

Yeah but if we weren't getting something at E3 we would have had an actual trailer imo.

Regardless its worth noting there's a private video on the Pokemon Youtube right now. Likely for a trailer for the new games that gives us the first actual info.

Years
  • Regardless its worth noting there's a private video on the Pokemon Youtube right now. Likely for a trailer for the new games that gives us the first actual info.

At least we should hopefully be getting our first proper trailer very soon.

Reactions: Z25

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Admittedly a trailer very soon would be nice despite the fact that the games were just announced like 4 days ago

Years
  • CoroCoro just leaked and unfortunately no new info about US/UM which I had a gut feeling would be the case... we did get showcase of Marshadow's Z-Move though. I know it's been a running trend that we don't get new info in the CoroCoro that comes right after a game announcement.

So there we go, it's pretty much confirmed we'll have to wait for a trailer before we get new US/UM info. The August issue (which releases next month) could be when CoroCoro starts its US/UM coverage.

Years
  • Fingers crossed for something interesting at E3 today!

Turned out all that was announced was a new Pokemon game coming to the Nintendo Switch. Nothing related to US/UM at all, which I did kinda expect considering how recent it was coming after the Direct.

Oh well, hopefully July will be the month that will kick-start what is going to be only four months of news coverage. Or hopefully a date for an upcoming trailer gets released soon.

Years
  • I might not be well-versed enough with E3, but I'm not totally surprised they didn't have anything new about USUM yet? It seems too early in the process, like we heard about these games very recently. There's barely anything out there yet, and I think Nintendo's main focus right now is heaping as much capital as they can off the success of the Switch, which they're obviously really trying to do with Pokken, as well as other titles. Their market plan is sound and logical, and I don't blame them.

Do wish we knew more about the games though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I might not be well-versed enough with E3, but I'm not totally surprised they didn't have anything new about USUM yet? It seems too early in the process, like we heard about these games very recently. There's barely anything out there yet, and I think Nintendo's main focus right now is heaping as much capital as they can off the success of the Switch, which they're obviously really trying to do with Pokken, as well as other titles. Their market plan is sound and logical, and I don't blame them.

Do wish we knew more about the games though.

E3 would've been the perfect platform to push these games since we've heard next to nothing on them, even if it was just a 2-minute trailer. They've got a lot of marketing to do over the next few weeks for these games if they want to push the sales like they did with Sun & Moon. I get that there's a significantly less amount of time between the announcement & release date and I get that they have only been announced this month, but that should be an incentive to push these games even moreso. Idk, I kinda feel by this stage we should have more information on these games or atleast indication that we'll be getting more news soon.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I think it is good we got new gen 7 games on 3ds. Putting them on switch would be a bad move. Let gen 8 be on switch. These games are gonna be good.

Back